Hello From Arizona - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2022, 09:08 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Lance 2075
Smile Hello From Arizona

I first ventured into RV life with a new 2019 Casita, shortly after I moved out West from the overly congested East Coast. I fell in love with RVing but quickly realized the Casita was just too small for 2 people and 2 Pugs who monopolize way more space than their body size would suggest. I sold the Casita for more than I paid for it and ordered a 2021 Lance travel trailer 2075. I've been sorely disappointed in my experience with Lance, particularly with how poor my experience has been with the dealer and its service department. I'm ready to return to the superior quality of molded fiberglass trailers. I love the Oliver but am afraid it lacks the space and storage I'm looking for, and costs a hefty sum. So, I started investigating Escape. I'd really love the yet-to-be released 23, which seems to be taking much longer to develop than originally projected, so yesterday, 8 May 2022, I placed a deposit on an Escape 5.0. Sadly for me, though, I won't see it until Oct 2024...there's that much of a backlog. Until then, I'll likely stick with my Lance. Happy traveling.
AZ Wonderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 06:06 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I had 2 Lance Trailers, an 1880 and a 1575, both before converting to fiberglass.......
Old 05-10-2022, 11:10 AM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I had 2 Lance Trailers, an 1880 and a 1575, both before converting to fiberglass.......
You've had four fibreglass trailers since Lance.
Old 05-10-2022, 12:23 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You've had four fibreglass trailers since Lance.
Actually 5, 4 Escapes and an Eggcamper......
Old 05-10-2022, 04:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 5.0
Your recent RV experience story is almost exactly the same as mine, except sub Arctic Fox for Lance. I gravitated to Escape for the same reasons...and also was initially interested in the 23 but gave up on waiting for that, and placed a deposit for a 5.0. But then I just kept watching like a hawk for used ones to pop up. Sure enough, a great used 5.0 came online and I jumped on it as fast as I could! Sure it had some differences from what I would've picked, but it checked off most of the boxes, and I had it right then and no more waiting! I cancelled my deposit with ETI. If I were you I'd keep an eye out, cause if you can snatch a good used one, you could turn around and get top dollar for your Lance these days...

Oh and welcome to this forum!!! It has helped me to modify and improve my used 5.0 to my liking...
Old 05-10-2022, 07:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post
Your recent RV experience story is almost exactly the same as mine, except sub Arctic Fox for Lance. I gravitated to Escape for the same reasons...and also was initially interested in the 23 but gave up on waiting for that, and placed a deposit for a 5.0. But then I just kept watching like a hawk for used ones to pop up. Sure enough, a great used 5.0 came online and I jumped on it as fast as I could! Sure it had some differences from what I would've picked, but it checked off most of the boxes, and I had it right then and no more waiting! I cancelled my deposit with ETI. If I were you I'd keep an eye out, cause if you can snatch a good used one, you could turn around and get top dollar for your Lance these days...

Oh and welcome to this forum!!! It has helped me to modify and improve my used 5.0 to my liking...
Thank you! I had seriously considered an Arctic Fox sister company, Outdoors RV, before landing on Escape. Did you have issues with the Arctic Fox? Thanks for the suggestion on keeping lookout for a used 5.0; I'll see if any pop up. In the meantime, I'll stay hopeful that I'll move up in the queue.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:22 AM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
A 2 1/2 year wait. Maybe they should buy another set of molds.

Welcome to the forum!!!!
Old 05-11-2022, 08:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Wonderer View Post
Thank you! I had seriously considered an Arctic Fox sister company, Outdoors RV, before landing on Escape. Did you have issues with the Arctic Fox? Thanks for the suggestion on keeping lookout for a used 5.0; I'll see if any pop up. In the meantime, I'll stay hopeful that I'll move up in the queue.
Yes we had issues with our brand new Northwood Mfg product, but then the worst part was trying to get it fixed under "warranty". I won't get into the details here, but suffice to say we were disappointed in both stick-built in general, and that company's service in particular (supposed to be one of the best if you believe all the promo material). Now, I couldn't be happier with my 5.0 and with the service and support I get from Escape, even though I bought it used! Yeah keep watching this forum's classifieds, and also Escape's used page: https://escapetrailer.com/pre-owned-trailer-listings/
Old 05-14-2022, 09:49 AM   #9

Here's one for ya: https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...0-a-22964.html
Old 05-15-2022, 05:58 PM   #10

Thank you! I saw that one. I'm heading to Colorado for 9 nights this weekend, otherwise I might have followed-up on that listing.

Tags
backlog, casita, escape 5.0, lance, order