Hello from southeast PA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-26-2024, 12:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 2024 Escape 19
Smile Hello from southeast PA

Hello.

Just two weeks ago, my wife and I went and saw an ambassador's 19. Last Friday, we placed the deposit on our own new Escape 19! Today, we got the email with our projected completion date...6/20.

We are so excited! It's been a life long desire of both me and my wife. This will be our first RV. We've both done lots of traveling over our lives. I worked in the airline industry for about 10 years. Traveled a ton via air. But, now, a new mode of travel to see the country!

I've been watching tons of videos on YouTube and done lots of research but still so much to learn. One thing I do feel extremely confident about is that we bought one of the best RVs out there! Can't wait to pick ours up! Only 4 months to go!

Kevin and Heather
FedFan31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 01:09 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
That was us in 2014, Kevin. I'm sure you'll love the Escape like we do.
Congratulations.
Old 02-26-2024, 01:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamunique127 View Post
That was us in 2014, Kevin. I'm sure you'll love the Escape like we do.
Congratulations.
Thank you, Lyle!
Old 02-26-2024, 05:13 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0ta
Welcome Kevin and Heather and congratulations on your new Escape. It's always nice to hear of another Escape trailer headed to the Keystone State.

Will you be travelling to pick up your trailer or having it delivered?
nepaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 05:50 PM   #5

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Welcome aboar!

Now your fun begins. What fabric, flooring, oven or not, refrigerator type, solar or not, battery types, table base, windows, storage box, lighting etc.. etc....

So many choices. Don't worry this forum has plenty of folks who have been there.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 05:59 PM   #6

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
This forum is one of the main reasons I bought an Escape. When you have a problem, someone here has probably already solved it.
Old 02-26-2024, 07:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepaweb View Post
Welcome Kevin and Heather and congratulations on your new Escape. It's always nice to hear of another Escape trailer headed to the Keystone State.

Will you be travelling to pick up your trailer or having it delivered?
Thank you!

At the moment, we are planning to pick it up. I'm thinking of taking 2 weeks(maybe a little more) off of work and getting out there as fast as possible and then we take our time coming back. My wife has never been to Glacier National Park and it has been a dream of hers to go. So we would spend at least 3 nights in that area. I'm originally from Wisconsin so have lots of friends and family in that state that we'd be making a tour through to visit as many of them too. I'll be researching other areas we'd like to stay at too before the time comes. But that's the plans at least for now.

Did you pick yours up? Or have it delivered? Any places you can recommend to take ours to in the great state of PA? We will be mainly doing weekends for the first 3 years that we have it as my daughter is still in high school. So, we are looking for places within a 2-4 hour drive from the York, PA area.
Old 02-26-2024, 07:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
Welcome aboar!

Now your fun begins. What fabric, flooring, oven or not, refrigerator type, solar or not, battery types, table base, windows, storage box, lighting etc.. etc....

So many choices. Don't worry this forum has plenty of folks who have been there.
Thank you! Yes, the fun definitely begins. I have been researching for quite a while so I have a good idea what I'm looking for. However, my wife has let me run with that research on my own. Now, she needs to get up to speed too so she can voice her opinion on the various options. We know we want solar as we hope to do some boon docking. We are currently planning to get this:

ZAP PACK PRO 2 Li BATTERIES (DUAL SOLAR) 19-5.0

Anyone have opinions on that? Would you do something different? And why?
Old 02-26-2024, 07:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
This forum is one of the main reasons I bought an Escape. When you have a problem, someone here has probably already solved it.
Yes, me too! I have definitely noticed that as I have been browsing the forums here before we decided to make the purchase. Plus, our ambassador visit was just amazing. Such wonderful people! They spent almost 2 hours with us going over anything and everything they and we could think of. We hope to see them out in the wild somewhere once we get ours. Seems like a great community to be a part of!
Old 02-26-2024, 08:46 PM   #10

Trailer: 2024 Escape 5.0
[QUOTE=FedFan31;463939]
At the moment, we are planning to pick it up. I'm thinking of taking 2 weeks(maybe a little more) off of work and getting out there as fast as possible and then we take our time coming back. My wife has never been to Glacier National Park and it has been a dream of hers to go. So we would spend at least 3 nights in that area. I'm originally from Wisconsin so have lots of friends and family in that state that we'd be making a tour through to visit as many of them too. I'll be researching other areas we'd like to stay at too before the time comes. But that's the plans at least for now.

Congratulations on your E19 decision! Yes, definitely take some time and enjoy your cross-country trip back home. After pick up, you may want to consider spending a couple of nights nearby ETI. It'll give you a chance to check everything out and, in the unlikely event of any problems, return to ETI for warranty service. Glacier NP would be a great stop on your return trip (we've got reservations there @ St Mary's CG in late June as well - first big trip in our new 5.0) but you'll want to look into campground reservations ASAP, as sites within the park book up quickly. Enjoy the journey!
Jim
jjdeluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 09:42 PM   #11

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
Ditto! The knowledge and generosity of people came through before the purchase and has been validated since. It is the reason we bought (and a good part of why we are happy with) our Escape!
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 10:24 PM   #12

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0ta
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan31 View Post

Did you pick yours up? Or have it delivered? Any places you can recommend to take ours to in the great state of PA? We will be mainly doing weekends for the first 3 years that we have it as my daughter is still in high school. So, we are looking for places within a 2-4 hour drive from the York, PA area.
We had ours delivered. Times were a bit different then. With supply chain delays and labor shortages our completion was pushed back a total of 9 weeks taking us into late January. The winter weather and closed border coupled with a sick family member made picking up out of the question.

You could use up 3 years worth of weekends just by visiting all the different state parks. I've been to several and have yet to find one I didn't like. I'd have to say that Ohiopyle State Park in the Laurel Highlands and Ricketts Glen in upstate PA are 2 of the best.
Seven Points Campground is a very nice COE campground located on Raystown Lake and is definitely worth consideration.

The PA Wilds region located in north central PA is one of my favorite areas to visit. If I had to pick one place to visit in the Wilds it would be the Elk Country Visitors Center in Benezette, PA.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip to pick up your Escape and all the adventures you have with it.
nepaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 06:12 AM   #13

[QUOTE=jjdeluca;463947]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan31 View Post
Congratulations on your E19 decision! Yes, definitely take some time and enjoy your cross-country trip back home. After pick up, you may want to consider spending a couple of nights nearby ETI. It'll give you a chance to check everything out and, in the unlikely event of any problems, return to ETI for warranty service. Glacier NP would be a great stop on your return trip (we've got reservations there @ St Mary's CG in late June as well - first big trip in our new 5.0) but you'll want to look into campground reservations ASAP, as sites within the park book up quickly. Enjoy the journey!
Jim
Thanks, Jim! Yes. I forgot to mention that we plan to spend the first couple nights not too far from Escape HQ so we can test things out.

I've been thinking that we probably need to make reservations ASAP for the time frame we'll be traveling since it will be close to the 4th of July. I should probably make sure we could change/cancel them though just in case our date gets moved. Hopefully sites would allow that? Have you stayed at St Mary's CG before? I'll have to look that one up.
Old 02-27-2024, 06:16 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepaweb View Post
We had ours delivered. Times were a bit different then. With supply chain delays and labor shortages our completion was pushed back a total of 9 weeks taking us into late January. The winter weather and closed border coupled with a sick family member made picking up out of the question.

You could use up 3 years worth of weekends just by visiting all the different state parks. I've been to several and have yet to find one I didn't like. I'd have to say that Ohiopyle State Park in the Laurel Highlands and Ricketts Glen in upstate PA are 2 of the best.
Seven Points Campground is a very nice COE campground located on Raystown Lake and is definitely worth consideration.

The PA Wilds region located in north central PA is one of my favorite areas to visit. If I had to pick one place to visit in the Wilds it would be the Elk Country Visitors Center in Benezette, PA.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip to pick up your Escape and all the adventures you have with it.
Ah, yeah. That makes sense that you had your delivered then. Sounds like you didn't really even have the option to pick it up if you wanted to. Hopefully your family member is ok.

Thanks for all the suggestions in PA. We will definitely check them out. I was actually at Raystown Lake a couple weeks ago. Though, not in an RV of course. Beautiful area! I stayed in a tiny home near there back in November too.
Old 02-27-2024, 06:42 AM   #15

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Fellow Pennsylvanian...
Give some thought to using highway 2 for a return route. Mostly 2 lane, almost no traffic.
Relaxing way to see part of small town America.
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 06:53 AM   #16

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C -- 2018 GMC Canyon
Congrats & welcome! We are just a bit north of you in the Hershey area
heavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 07:08 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
Fellow Pennsylvanian...
Give some thought to using highway 2 for a return route. Mostly 2 lane, almost no traffic.
Relaxing way to see part of small town America.
Hello! Thank you. I will do that. My parents actually live in northern WI about 30 miles south of Hwy 2 which goes through the UP of Michigan. So I've been on that part at least from Iron Mountain, MI to St. Ignace, MI. That's a beautiful drive there! I didn't realize that went all the way out to Seattle. And, goes on the south end of Glacier. Perfect! Thanks for the suggestion!

Do you have any recommendations here in PA?
Old 02-27-2024, 07:09 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
Congrats & welcome! We are just a bit north of you in the Hershey area
Thank you! We're happy to take any recommendations you have here in PA if you have any that you'd care to share.
Old 02-27-2024, 07:30 AM   #19

Trailer: 2023 Escape 19
Welcome aboard. Like you I am waiting on my E19 trailer, which we should have in April. Also, like you, its our first RV. Must admit to being a little overwhelmed with all there is to learn. Reminds me of when we started a family. Overwhelmed until he came home, then it all unfolds naturally and intuitively, with small bouts of panic now and then. Good luck and happy camping.
Garry George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 07:54 AM   #20

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Welcome Kevin
Met at Bald Eagle State Park near State College for family reunion a couple years ago. Beautiful campground. Lake, lodge, trails and great park for biking. Also, if you're inclined, wonderful fly fishing area.
John
jontom is offline   Reply With Quote