Hello from Southern California! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-05-2023, 01:09 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Hello from Southern California!

Hi, everyone!

I've been lurking here for a bit and have made a few posts and comments, but now that it's official, I wanted to formally introduce myself as the owner of a new-to-me Escape 19, affectionately named "Garbage" by my toddler.

My partner and I have been rooftop tent campers for a few years now and had finally dialed in our ultimate truck/tent camping rig, but setting up camp and shuffling around our totes and climbing in and out of the tent with a very curious, very wiggly little one was becoming a challenge. We're excited to have Garbage as a basecamp for our family adventures. We've got two beach camping trips booked in the next few weeks, and the goal is to get out at least once a month. Fingers crossed!

Many, many thanks to all of you for sharing your wealth of knowledge and experience about all things Escape. We watched so many videos and read so many posts, and we continue to learn from you all.

Happy travels, and maybe we'll see you out there!
_escapemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 02:54 PM   #2

A quick note on how "Garbage" got her name: The little one is very into large trucks, buses, heavy machinery, and especially garbage trucks. He communicates mostly in gestures/baby sign language at this point, and any vehicle that is large and boxy is a garbage truck (*arms outstretched, hands clenched; lift arms up and down like a garbage truck dumping a dumpster overhead*). When he saw the 19, "Garbage." ❤️

Someone talk me out of ordering a custom front window cover replacement from ETI that says Garbage in the Escape font...
Old 09-05-2023, 09:17 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
bwahaha. I can pretty much guarantee that if you do choose that name and have it on the Escape, you'll have a lot of folks stopping by to hear the story!

Thinking of a toddler in a rooftop tent gives me the shivers. Glad you will have something else to use. You are a brave person.

You can probably remove the decal that's there, and then order something to replace it, whatever name you choose. There are a few companies that will make it up for you in a variety of fonts. I've used Words Anywhere a couple of times.

Enjoy making memories--it's the best.
Old 09-05-2023, 09:51 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
I'd suggest....wait

I'd suggest....wait until the toddler develops a bit more of a vocabulary. Maybe even a volumios, erudite vocabulary, with time.
Be patient, grasshopper.
"Garbage" just doesn't cut it, cute as you may think it to be.
Give it some time for reflection, and time for considering other monikers.

GARBAGE IN.......GARBAGE OUT.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 12:55 AM   #5

Thank you, h20wmn! We're soaking up every second of it. (Also, I have family right around Placerville. A few weeks ago, we almost bought a Casita from Shingle Springs. Small world!)

Not to worry, HABBERDABBER. I've got a long list of trailer to-do's ahead of me, and Garbage will likely have a new name by the time we ever get around to personalizing the window cover.
Old 09-12-2023, 03:22 PM   #6

Trailer: Currently looking
Love the name, Welcome.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 08:53 AM   #7

Trailer: 2023 Escape 19
This is an inspiring story, if perhaps unfortunate choice of name. D and I have yet to come up with a good name for our new trailer after nearly two months. Your little one teaches us that practically any old name can do as long as we are fond of it, and not to over think things. Have fun & take care, Paul
Pauly D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 12:51 PM   #8

Trailer: E19 due summer 2023, 1940 Waco UPF-7
Hello Escapemo. We too are new Escape 19 owners and on our way home from Chilliwack/Sumas with our new trailer. Still in Northern Nevada and a fond farewell to the Reno Air Races which we will miss.
Anyway, we live in the El Segundo area, so it will be nice to know another Escape owner is nearby.
I think the suggestion to have patience on the new name is highly advisable! I alway tell my wife I have a lot of ideas but they’re not always good ideas.
“Insist on enjoying life”
Thanks Bill
Nelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 11:30 PM   #9

Thanks, everyone! We aren't going "official" with Garbage (no signage on order), but it has proven to be a durable and cute and endearing nickname at home.

Garbage went on its maiden voyage with us a couple of weeks ago, and we already have three more trips planned. I'm really pleased; the goal with this purchase was to make it easier for us to get out there with the little one, and so far so good!

I'm excited to hear that there will be another 19 close by. Hopefully we cross paths someday!