Last Questions (I hope!) on the 17B Build Sheet - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-24-2019, 05:43 AM   #21
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 22,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I know really not much added weight to have the capability to be able hang things . We did both shower walls and glad we did . Pat
There is really only one useable wall in a E21 shower, both the front and door walls are in use and the exterior wall is not an option? Curious as to which other wall there is?
__________________

__________________
Jim
Sometimes life gets in the way of living......
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:12 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Oldtimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: DFW, Texas
Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Posts: 790
Wardrobe wall
__________________

Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:56 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
tdf-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Baytown, Texas
Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - since 1/9/2017
Posts: 1,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
There is really only one useable wall in a E21 shower, both the front and door walls are in use and the exterior wall is not an option? Curious as to which other wall there is?
I had the bathroom wall reinforced, the wardrobe wall, and both walls next to the dinette. In hindsight, it was the best choice I made. I can now lean against the bathroom wall without it bowing / cracking and mounted shelving / umbra hooks to have a place to put stuff when ready to sleep. The wardrobe wall so I could install a TV mount that I didn't have to remove while traveling. Both dinette walls because I like to lean against them and look out at the back window - tried that at Chilliwack in the model and could feel the walls starting to crack from bowing. Also, now I can add some drop down shelves if I decide to.

Yes, it adds a little weight but having the walls reinforced is something that would be very difficult to do afterwards and gives me the flexibility to put things on the walls that could not be done without it.
__________________
If It Isnít Perfect, It Isnít Finished
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:21 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
brightday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Sunny, Texas
Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Posts: 449
Strategic reinforcement seems to be key. I'll check with Escape to make sure that I don't go over the weight limit.

Thanks!
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:36 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
rubicon327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 4,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
There is really only one useable wall in a E21 shower, both the front and door walls are in use and the exterior wall is not an option? Curious as to which other wall there is?
Jim: Pat has a 19.
__________________
ďOne way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.Ē― W.F.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:04 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 6,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Iím not saying to not reinforce any walls. Iím saying be strategic about which ones if you are concerned about the possible weight gain overall.
Yes Dave . But the weight ? Others keep bringing up weight . I think I would think if you didnít get the reenforcement it will be too late . When we were starting our build adding the reinforcement was the first question I had , knowing It would be needed. Must of been a new question at the time and it was cheaper then . Glad we have it and donít need to think I am limited on that particular wall to install something. Really just making a statement and not directed at you Dave .Sorry Dave , I must be tired .Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:30 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Marry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ponoka, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Posts: 1,648
Don’t know what you want to hang, but umbra hooks are great for daily stuff like keys, purses, shirts, jackets, etc.
We simply brought them along with orientation and ETI installed them, knowing where the studs are.
__________________
"never lose hope, never lose faith"
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:52 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 6,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Donít know what you want to hang, but umbra hooks are great for daily stuff like keys, purses, shirts, jackets, etc.
We simply brought them along with orientation and ETI installed them, knowing where the studs are.
Yup Escape insisted on installing the tv mount . They put it on the corner stud and it pulled out , screws and all . I remounted tv . Some winter jackets can be very heavy . Having solid backing is the only way to go . More surface strength . As for weight of the reenforced wall , you can add more stuff to your trailer , that maybe is not needed , then a wall that is stronger Pat.
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 11:18 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Posts: 15,161
What many are missing is that the OP's trailer is a 17B. Recommendations to reinforce walls that aren't there doesn't help. Mine is an earlier model, but the only wall I can think of that might need reinforcement is the wardrobe in case you want to install shelves.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:13 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 6,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
What many are missing is that the OP's trailer is a 17B. Recommendations to reinforce walls that aren't there doesn't help. Mine is an earlier model, but the only wall I can think of that might need reinforcement is the wardrobe in case you want to install shelves.
Glen wardrobe and bath walls . Next to dinette , stove even if half . Figuring where you are most likely to want install anything . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:24 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Posts: 15,161
This is the bath wall with a single 3M Command hook. Wife hangs summer dresses on it. There's not room for more.
Second is side of bath. Anything hung there is in the way.
I have another hook next to the bed ( fridge side wall ). I hang a flashlight there. Found I got tangled in a shirt hanging from that hook.
In pic two, you can see a jacket hanging one side of bath and a towel hanging from another. Clutter.

None of my walls are reinforced.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3M Hook.jpg (53.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Charly.jpg (188.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Therm2.jpg (211.1 KB, 6 views)
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 01:30 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
brightday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Sunny, Texas
Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
This is the bath wall with a single 3M Command hook. Wife hangs summer dresses on it. There's not room for more.
Second is side of bath. Anything hung there is in the way.
I have another hook next to the bed ( fridge side wall ). I hang a flashlight there. Found I got tangled in a shirt hanging from that hook.
In pic two, you can see a jacket hanging one side of bath and a towel hanging from another. Clutter.

None of my walls are reinforced.
Helpful info with photos! Thanks, gbaglo!
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 01:36 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 6,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
This is the bath wall with a single 3M Command hook. Wife hangs summer dresses on it. There's not room for more.
Second is side of bath. Anything hung there is in the way.
I have another hook next to the bed ( fridge side wall ). I hang a flashlight there. Found I got tangled in a shirt hanging from that hook.
In pic two, you can see a jacket hanging one side of bath and a towel hanging from another. Clutter.

None of my walls are reinforced.
Glenn not a fan of 3 m except on solid wood . Had some damage from 3 m . Luckily cut that section out and made a cabinet there as others have done . But glad it works for you . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:03 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Posts: 15,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Glenn not a fan of 3 m except on solid wood . Had some damage from 3 m . Luckily cut that section out and made a cabinet there as others have done . But glad it works for you . Pat

Save and follow the instructions for removal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3M hook removal 1.jpg (179.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 3M hook removal 2.jpg (236.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 3M hook removal 3.jpg (176.3 KB, 4 views)
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:38 PM   #35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: La Grande, Oregon
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19', 2009 Casita 17'
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightday View Post
The toaster oven is pretty much a necessity for me, as I was diagnosed with celiac disease in March, and I'll often be in places where buying gluten-free breads and other foods will not be an option. I'll rough it in other ways, but my RV will be my home, and home also means baked goods. For me, anyway.
We have the 1500W inverter, and love it. I can charge/work with my computer any time I want, and we use a temperature controlled kettle to get our coffee water to the correct temperature in the morning. The kettle does a good job of bringing the battery system to its knees--as I expect your toast oven will--but even in the coldest weather, the solar pretty much bounces immediately back. (We do turn off the heater when that happens, though.)

The combo of the inverter and the solar in our 19 has been a game changer for us on the road. In our old setup, we had panels that we set up, and a rather crappy inverter that was as flaky as it was weak (and really only got used to charge my camera batteries). We haven't had an issue with either in the two years we've been traveling with our Escape.

We did get the option to have the inverter serve all AC outlets in our trailer. It was a pretty small addition and we've definitely used that quite frequently. Otherwise, you'll need to run an extension from the inverter to the device you wish to drive. (I don't remember the cost, but it was reasonable.)

Rick
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:47 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 6,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Save and follow the instructions for removal.
Glen being a former union carpenter I think I can read instructions . Many donít know the walls are not real wood just plastic type paper . Glad you have had good luck . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:52 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Posts: 15,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Glen being a former union carpenter I think I can read instructions .

But, did you follow them? From a former union photographer.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:03 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Marry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ponoka, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Posts: 1,648
Okay, here a picture of my birds. None fell dead or flew off yet :-)
Have in total 7. Which might be the lucky number....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CE8E202B-7353-4B8A-9441-B0B43217BB73.jpg (307.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 9A79BEE8-8915-4F43-9184-EB880B90386A.jpg (195.0 KB, 5 views)
__________________
"never lose hope, never lose faith"
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 07:18 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
brightday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Sunny, Texas
Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
We have the 1500W inverter, and love it. I can charge/work with my computer any time I want, and we use a temperature controlled kettle to get our coffee water to the correct temperature in the morning. The kettle does a good job of bringing the battery system to its knees--as I expect your toast oven will--but even in the coldest weather, the solar pretty much bounces immediately back. (We do turn off the heater when that happens, though.)

The combo of the inverter and the solar in our 19 has been a game changer for us on the road. In our old setup, we had panels that we set up, and a rather crappy inverter that was as flaky as it was weak (and really only got used to charge my camera batteries). We haven't had an issue with either in the two years we've been traveling with our Escape.

We did get the option to have the inverter serve all AC outlets in our trailer. It was a pretty small addition and we've definitely used that quite frequently. Otherwise, you'll need to run an extension from the inverter to the device you wish to drive. (I don't remember the cost, but it was reasonable.)

Rick
Yea, yea, yea! Your post confirms that I'm ordering the right things - solar, batteries, inverter extending to all outlets - to run everything I'd like. Making note to turn off my heater for a bit to re-charge batteries. Excellent suggestion! That you've used this system for two years without a hitch is a real encouragement to me. Thanks!
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 07:26 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
brightday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Sunny, Texas
Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Okay, here a picture of my birds. None fell dead or flew off yet :-)
Have in total 7. Which might be the lucky number....
Good for you, Mary - and your birds! 🌻
__________________

brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×