On the road with our new 19! - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yellow Springs, Ohio
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Posts: 633
On the road with our new 19!

After a dash from Ohio to the west coast, we picked up our new 19 at the factory on June 12. It was stunning, sitting there awaiting our orientation session. Official transfer to us at Bob's Burgers and Brew went perfectly, and we turned right around and pulled it back to Canada with no problem. After a couple of nights at Lake Chilliwack to check things out while still near the mothership, we headed off to Winthrop WA, Portland, and now we're in Santa Rosa CA. We really love our Escape. After starting with motorcycle camping, then a teardrop, a 13' Scamp, a 16' Casita, we feel like we've finally arrived at a camper that will serve our needs for as long as we're able to be on the road. I really appreciate all the coaching we got here on the forum during our ordering process. We pretty well maxed out our options and have no regrets over our choices. We're still learning about the Escape and will have some questions to post elsewhere on the site. Meanwhile, we're really enjoying ourselves.

Happy Campers,
Parker and Carol
__________________

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 14,832
Great to hear you guys are enjoying your new 19.
__________________

__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Sandra L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Antelope, California
Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2005 Toyota Sienna
Posts: 1,549
Congratulations! There is a camp ground with full and partial hook-ups at Casini Ranch Campground and RV park. It is off Highway 116 on the road to the beautiful Pacific Ocean, along the Russian River. It is inland from Jenner by about 4 miles. You can unhook and explore everything from the redwoods to Mendocino and the quaint little town of Occidental. Hopefully you will have the time to do that. If you are going back to Springfield, OR, and have the time, will you be joining the fgrv group in Bandon? Hope so.
__________________
Peace and Sunshine
Sandra L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Jrn56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Posts: 365
Congratulations! We will be picking up our 19 in September. We are going down to Winthrop too to visit some relatives. Where did you stay there? We are busy planning our trip details.

Happy Travels!

John and Brenda
Jrn56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
KarenH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bellingham and Glacier, Washington
Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Posts: 1,997
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
...we feel like we've finally arrived at a camper that will serve our needs for as long as we're able to be on the road...l
That, too, was my philosophy when ordering...I figured do it once, do it right. So far I haven't regretted any decisions I made.

Would love to see some pics of your new and last trailer!
__________________
Karen Hulford
2013 Escape 15A, "Egbert"
Ford 150 XLT 5.8L
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yellow Springs, Ohio
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra L View Post
Congratulations! There is a camp ground with full and partial hook-ups at Casini Ranch Campground and RV park. It is off Highway 116 on the road to the beautiful Pacific Ocean, along the Russian River. It is inland from Jenner by about 4 miles. You can unhook and explore everything from the redwoods to Mendocino and the quaint little town of Occidental. Hopefully you will have the time to do that. If you are going back to Springfield, OR, and have the time, will you be joining the fgrv group in Bandon? Hope so.
We have the good fortune of "camping" in the driveway of some friends here in Santa Rosa. My wife grew up in Sonoma. It just so happens that I visited Occidental yesterday when I missed the turn for Sebastopol! We're heading back toward OH on Monday, with our next outing being the Escape Rally in Niagara. Need to go home and pay a little attention to things there before heading out again.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yellow Springs, Ohio
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
That, too, was my philosophy when ordering...I figured do it once, do it right. So far I haven't regretted any decisions I made.

Would love to see some pics of your new and last trailer!
I'll have to get to work on that. We picked it up in the rain, immediately drove on gravel roads with it, and have only done a marginal cleanup of the outside since. It looks well used already!
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yellow Springs, Ohio
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrn56 View Post
Congratulations! We will be picking up our 19 in September. We are going down to Winthrop too to visit some relatives. We're did you stay there? We are busy planning our trip details.
Thanks! We camped at the Silverline Resort. It's a great spot, just up the hill from town, and is situated on a beautiful lake.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Sandra L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Antelope, California
Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2005 Toyota Sienna
Posts: 1,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
We have the good fortune of "camping" in the driveway of some friends here in Santa Rosa. My wife grew up in Sonoma. It just so happens that I visited Occidental yesterday when I missed the turn for Sebastopol! We're heading back toward OH on Monday, with our next outing being the Escape Rally in Niagara. Need to go home and pay a little attention to things there before heading out again.
Wrong Springfield, sorry. Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
I am sure your wife knows all the fun spots in and around the Santa Rosa area. More for you to explore at another time.
__________________
Peace and Sunshine
Sandra L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yellow Springs, Ohio
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra L View Post
Wrong Springfield, sorry. Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
I am sure your wife knows all the fun spots in and around the Santa Rosa area. More for you to explore at another time.
I think there is a Springfield in nearly every state! We hope to get back out here again and will keep the rally in mind for next time. Thanks.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Posts: 241
Congrats and enjoy your trip. We will be getting our 19 in August and have some questions. Did you have/need reservations at lake chilliwack? Is it a nice campground? How far from escape?
Any problems with the trailer? I think you got the Andersen hitch, how Did that go?

Thanks

Dave
dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Trees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hastings, Michigan
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19'
Posts: 109
Congrats! I grew up outside Oxford, so maybe on a visit 'home' we'll swing by to see your adaptations. Our 19 complete date Oct. 1. Eavesdropping on Forum helping us make decisions
Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Posts: 6,764
Hi: Parker... Looking forward to seeing you at the Niagara Wine Escape. I know you and Carol are enjoying the trip... and we even like dirty pic's!!! We're off for the Canada Day weekend to boondock camp on a workmates creekside property. Sure hope he's got some anchors for just in case. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'16 Ram Eco D. 4X4 Laramie Longhorn CC & '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas (Not the Virgin Islands) Ontario
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yellow Springs, Ohio
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Posts: 633
Sounds like fun Alf! See you in Niagara; will be quite different than Eggscursion I suspect. We'll be in our new digs, and exploring new areas for us.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
amirie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chilliwack, British Columbia
Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
Posts: 764
Winthrop has a nice little state park at Perrigin Lake.
We stayed there a number of years ago woth our Bolet
__________________
Anna-Marie
amirie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Kountrykamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Middle, Tennessee
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Posts: 1,442
I know you are having fun! Thanks for all your help with building ours. Looking forward to the Escape adventures you are enjoying.
__________________
Tom
Kountrykamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #17
ksb
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: US, Colorado
Trailer: _
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
After a dash from Ohio to the west coast, we picked up our new 19 at the factory on June 12. It was stunning, sitting there awaiting our orientation session. Official transfer to us at Bob's Burgers and Brew went perfectly, and we turned right around and pulled it back to Canada with no problem. After a couple of nights at Lake Chilliwack to check things out while still near the mothership, we headed off to Winthrop WA, Portland, and now we're in Santa Rosa CA. We really love our Escape. After starting with motorcycle camping, then a teardrop, a 13' Scamp, a 16' Casita, we feel like we've finally arrived at a camper that will serve our needs for as long as we're able to be on the road. I really appreciate all the coaching we got here on the forum during our ordering process. We pretty well maxed out our options and have no regrets over our choices. We're still learning about the Escape and will have some questions to post elsewhere on the site. Meanwhile, we're really enjoying ourselves.

Happy Campers,
Parker and Carol
that's wonderful....good to hear about your experiences.

We too have made the progression from pop-up to scamp 5th wheel but now we are thinking of an Escape...what brought you to your decision to purchase an Escape? I know the quality is fabulous....

would love to have a bigger bath with comfortable dinette....Did you consider the Escape 5.0?
ksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Elgin, Illinois
Trailer: 19' Escape on order
Posts: 10
Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
After a dash from Ohio to the west coast, we picked up our new 19 at the factory on June 12.
Congratulations! I have to work on being patient as my 19' won't be ready until early October. But I, too, will be making the trek from the east (Illinois) to pick her up. I'm following your trek with great interest. Keep posting your experiences and adventures. They're interesting and helpful.
Carol in Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yellow Springs, Ohio
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1 View Post
Congrats and enjoy your trip. We will be getting our 19 in August and have some questions. Did you have/need reservations at lake chilliwack? Is it a nice campground? How far from escape?
Any problems with the trailer? I think you got the Andersen hitch, how Did that go?
Hi Dave,

Sorry, we've been out enjoying the local treats and I've not been near the computer. We had reservations at Chilliwack Lake. They would not have been necessary during the week, but the place filled up over the weekend. It's a nice, clean, fairly remote campground, with very few services. The lake itself is beautiful. The nearest cell phone service is about 20 miles away, which some would consider a good thing. Distance from Escape was maybe 30-35 miles. You'll need to fill your propane tanks before heading there, which we did at a service station very near Escape.

The biggest problem we've had with the Escape, and this is saying something, is the smoke/CO detector. Ours seems to be very sensitive to increases in relative humidity, and more than once it's awakened us about 5:00 am as the temperature drops. We have lots of ventilation when sleeping, which seems to help only a little. Reace has offered to replace it by sending one to our home, which is about as much as we could ask. Apparently some of these detectors are overly sensitive. I want to check on some small mods when we get home, such as vents in the bathroom door, but all-in-all we're extremely happy with the Escape.

One thing to be aware of is that when you go to pick up your Escape, they're all about getting you checked out and on your way. Everyone is very friendly and accommodating, but it's not a tea and cookies event. They want to get you out there with your new camper and begin preparing for the next arrival. They have this whole process well thought out and it's a very efficient operation.

The Anderson hitch works great. It takes me a little more time to set up at camp and prepare for departure compared to our Casita, but that's getting better with practice. The hitch itself has performed really well, and I'd definitely go that way again. I've never used the conventional type with arms, which I think may be a little faster to hook/unhook, but probably not by much.

Hope this helps.
Parker
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yellow Springs, Ohio
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
I know you are having fun! Thanks for all your help with building ours. Looking forward to the Escape adventures you are enjoying.
You're going to love it. The next Eggscursion will be really exciting!
__________________

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×