For Sale Mattress for 21C in Southern California - any price - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > RV Parts and Camping Gear
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-22-2021, 05:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C "S.S. Iceburg"
Mattress for 21C in Southern California - any price

I'm replacing the notched mattress of my 2017 21C with foam, simply because my body needs foam. The mattress is in fine condition and has never been used full time - certainly fewer than 90 nights of use total.

Since these mattress are so unique, I'm offering it up to anyone with a 21C that wants to come and get it in Orange County, California. Pay whatever it is worth to you. Should be available in a couple weeks.
kernwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 06:55 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Good luck hope you get someone to take it. I did the same with my 21c mattress changed it out for a foam one. Tried to give the original one away, tried to donate it, finally after 14 months I got sick of moving it around my storage shed and it went to the land fill.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 07:34 PM   #3
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
Good luck hope you get someone to take it. I did the same with my 21c mattress changed it out for a foam one. Tried to give the original one away, tried to donate it, finally after 14 months I got sick of moving it around my storage shed and it went to the land fill.
I think most people will decline a "used" mattress, even if it's never been used and still in its wrapping. Particularly in these pandemic days. Had the same problem with "used" mattresses that were on a guest bed, but never slept on.
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 07:54 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ops View Post
I think most people will decline a "used" mattress, even if it's never been used and still in its wrapping. Particularly in these pandemic days. Had the same problem with "used" mattresses that were on a guest bed, but never slept on.
We were able to sell the stock mattress from our 19, but we did lower the price, and lower it again, and finally a 3rd time. I think it sold for 20 bucks. The buyer wanted it for a daybed, which worked out well at the time because of the two rounded corners.
Old 06-30-2021, 08:54 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Can you share info on your replacement mattress?
Marla King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 09:09 AM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marla King View Post
Can you share info on your replacement mattress?
It's been several years, but it was a gel memory foam queen we bought off Amazon. The particular brand we chose isn't available anymore, but the one at the link below is similar. I think we paid around $200 and it was well worth the change. You can also take the cover off most of these, and using an electric carving knife, round off the corners slightly on the rear. That way the mattress follows the curve of the shell and provides a bit of an air gap to reduce condensation.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MS26EZ3...3K73K3HJ90SAFD

Tags
mattress