Outdoor kitchen (sink, table, and cooktop) setup - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-25-2021, 06:08 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 2019 19'
Cool Outdoor kitchen (sink, table, and cooktop) setup

The objective is to spend more time with meal prep and washing dishes outside. We cook all of our meals from scratch, therefore spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I'm sure you guys know how challenging it is to have more than one person cooking inside.

Sink/table combo:
A fish cleaning table will be the prep table to wash and cut our vegetables. We regret not getting the outdoor shower water connection.
However, we plan to get the water at the faucet source by using a Y-splitter. A hose will supply the Escape water and the second hose will be routed to the outdoor table. Maybe the grey water can go into a bucket?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ktaxon-Po...ucet/394735395

Cooktop:
We have the quick connect for an outdoor grill or stovetop. Looking for something portable and not worried about high BTU. Thinking about getting the coleman since it is budget friendly. Although I'm not sure which models to look for to have the correct connection to the propane quick connect.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-23...ve.jsp?prdPV=2

Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!
infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 06:31 PM   #2

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
I don’t have one but I wonder if the Blackstone flat top might be a nice addition with all the cooking you do. They also make a 22” among others.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...17ntbltpgrdcfp
Old 03-25-2021, 06:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity View Post
We regret not getting the outdoor shower water connection.
You could always add one...
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...ort-14977.html
Old 03-25-2021, 06:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Too scared to cut into fiberglass and don't have the time to do it. To have someone else do it would be too costly at this point. Thanks for the link though!
Old 03-25-2021, 06:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
I don’t have one but I wonder if the Blackstone flat top might be a nice addition with all the cooking you do. They also make a 22” among others.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...17ntbltpgrdcfp
The connection on that blackstone grill looks like it might be made for the small propane tanks. I wonder if that's different to the full size propane connections such as for this single burner.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stansport...ll&athena=true
Old 03-25-2021, 07:09 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I don't understand why one would buy a single purpose appliance when you can buy a BBQ and an inexpensive griddle that sits atop it. Multiple applications.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I don't understand why one would buy a single purpose appliance when you can buy a BBQ and an inexpensive griddle that sits atop it. Multiple applications.
What grill do you have in mind? I'm all ears...
Old 03-25-2021, 07:35 PM   #8

Quote:
What grill do you have in mind? I'm all ears...

I've settled on Napoleon TravelQ™ Pro Table Top Unit (Black) after using, and giving away a Dickenson and a Weber portable ( I have a Weber Genesis II for home use ).

The Napoleon has two burners so you can cook directly or indirectly. The lid is tall enough to accommodate a roast or whole chicken.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 5.27.55 PM.png   chicken napoleon 2 - 1.jpg   chicken napoleon - 1.jpg   Camp kitchen.jpg  
Old 03-25-2021, 07:39 PM   #9

BTW. When it comes to outdoor appliances, it pays to buy the best. Avoid big box stores that sell the same brand at a lower price ( made with cheaper parts ). I just replaced my home Weber Summit Gold, after 16 years of use, with a Weber Genesis II.
Old 03-25-2021, 09:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Too scared to cut into fiberglass and don't have the time to do it. To have someone else do it would be too costly at this point. Thanks for the link though!
To each their own. If I was too scared to cut fiberglass we wouldn’t have a bath window, vented battery box, medicine cabinet, range hood that exhausts (stock was recirculating), mini-split A/C, outside shower on P/S or exterior 12V outlet!
Old 03-25-2021, 09:32 PM   #11

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
The objective is to spend more time with meal prep and washing dishes outside. We cook all of our meals from scratch, therefore spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I'm sure you guys know how challenging it is to have more than one person cooking inside.

Sink/table combo:
A fish cleaning table will be the prep table to wash and cut our vegetables. We regret not getting the outdoor shower water connection.
However, we plan to get the water at the faucet source by using a Y-splitter. A hose will supply the Escape water and the second hose will be routed to the outdoor table. Maybe the grey water can go into a bucket?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ktaxon-Po...ucet/394735395

Cooktop:
We have the quick connect for an outdoor grill or stovetop. Looking for something portable and not worried about high BTU. Thinking about getting the coleman since it is budget friendly. Although I'm not sure which models to look for to have the correct connection to the propane quick connect.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-23...ve.jsp?prdPV=2

Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

I bought that same table last spring. I not to happy with it. In fact its still sitting in the basement.Here are the problems i find with it. They make the sink shallow so it will found up. problem is not much will fit into it. It not good for dish's as it will only hold about 2" of water. Both the faucet and drain assembly have to be taken apart to fold the table.its a PITA. The table is heaven for it size Because they use two steel bars for support. Honestly I think you better off with a small table with no sink and a dish pan. This is one I looking at but i sure there are others .
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FK3HC14...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I've settled on Napoleon TravelQ™ Pro Table Top Unit (Black) after using, and giving away a Dickenson and a Weber portable ( I have a Weber Genesis II for home use ).

The Napoleon has two burners so you can cook directly or indirectly. The lid is tall enough to accommodate a roast or whole chicken.

I second this grill!!
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 07:01 AM   #12

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
I use both the Weber Baby Q and the Blackstone griddle. I can easily carry both and I think it is worth it. Plus a small five pound propane can.

When people see the Blackstone, in the morning, I usually get several requests to cook breakfast. People love it. I usually put someone in charge of it just for fun.

We love the flavor of the bar-be-Que. One night while eating dinner, my wife looked up at me and stated it was worth it to bring both. Done deal! We got room.

We LOVE having two outdoor showers. We drill pump in 5 gallons at a time, use bio degradable soap, and everyone can have a warm shower outside. Usually in their bathing suits, but we have an enclosure too. We have water fights too.
Attached Thumbnails
T03_5651.jpg   T03_5646.jpg  
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 07:48 AM   #13

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Yep the blackstone for breakfast n philly steak samwhiches n baby q for steaks n such perfect combo

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 08:42 AM   #14

Trailer: 2021 21c
Camp chef cooking system

We love the camp chef stove. 2 burners 30,000 btu, 16 inch unit with BBQ box and heavy duty flattop griddle, can use both at the same time, and we just bought the artisan pizza oven for it . Not only for pizza but for breads etc. total cost for everything about 300$ modify the propane hose that comes with the trailer if you have the exterior propane hookup, with a quick release fitting and boom your in business. The stove and all components fit in carry bags making it super convenient to transport. Sets up in minutes.
Akfishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 11:12 AM   #15

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
Yep the blackstone for breakfast n philly steak samwhiches n baby q for steaks n such perfect combo

David
Love the 17 in Blackstone and have been using it at home . Love the flavor of the foods that are cooked on it . The Weber is not even being used and just sits there . May get rid of it . Have ours hooked to the propane tank instead of the little bottles . So easy to clean is another plus . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote