Propane Quick Connect - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2022, 10:17 AM   #1

Trailer: 2022 E19
Propane Quick Connect

It appears as if a hose and connector for the propane quick connect used to be included with a new Escape trailer but no longer is.
What does a person need to use this feature? I recognize that it could be dependent on what you are trying to connect but I'm wondering what size fitting plugs into the quick connect.
Did a search and I think it is 1/4" but would like to confirm. We have an Outland Living fire pit we'd like to use. I recognize that the regulator needs to be removed from the fire pit.
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 05:37 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender View Post
What does a person need to use this feature? I recognize that it could be dependent on what you are trying to connect but I'm wondering what size fitting plugs into the quick connect.
Did a search and I think it is 1/4" but would like to confirm.
A dimension such as 1/4" will be the hose or pipe thread fitting size, and those are not what you need to get a compatible quick-connect fitting. Almost anything sold as a propane (not natural gas, and not high-pressure) quick-connect is compatible with the outlet of the trailer, and past that the parts you choose just need to be compatible with each other.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 05:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
A dimension such as 1/4" will be the hose or pipe thread fitting size, and those are not what you need to get a compatible quick-connect fitting. Almost anything sold as a propane (not natural gas, and not high-pressure) quick-connect is compatible with the outlet of the trailer, and past that the parts you choose just need to be compatible with each other.
OK. Good info! Thanks!
Old 03-20-2022, 09:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 BigfootRV 25B21RB
I'm going to suggest this 12 ft hose DOZYANT 12 feet Low Pressure Propane Quick-Connect Hose, RV Quick Connect Propane Hose, Quick Disconnect Propane Hose Extension - 1/4” Safety Shutoff Valve & Male Full Flow Plug for RVs

Or this 20 ft hose.... GASPRO 20 Feet Propane Quick Connect Hose for RV to Grill with Safety Shutoff Valve, 1/4-Inch RV Propane Hose Extension for Camper, Trailer, Low Pressure

If the device has a short hose with a regulator/ACME connector (for a 20 lb BBQ tank that is not in your RV), that you can remove, it will probably have a 3/8 male flare where you removed the hose, this fitting will screw on and replace the hose/regulator and allow you to attach the hoses above to your appliance..... MOFLAME 1/4" RV Propane Quick Connect Fittings for Connecting Gas Appliance Heater, Camping Gas Grill Connect to RV Trailer. 1/4" Quick Connect Conversion to 3/8" Male Female Flare Thread -2 Pack

If you have a 17 inch or 22 inch portable Blackstone that uses the 1 pound lp cylinders, you can use this adapter to replace the 1 pound cannister/mini regulator/tubing/connector and just hook your hose to it..... (there is a similar but different connector for the Coleman Roadtrip grill) (for the Blackstone, you want the 90 degree design, the straight ones just take up your table space)
DOZYANT 1/4 inch RV Quick Connect Adapter Conversion Fitting Elbow for Blackstone Tabletop Grill - 17 Inch and 22 Inch Portable Gas Griddle

Charles
Old 03-21-2022, 04:38 PM   #5

Trailer: 2021 5.0
17’ blackstone, hook up needed to connect to the Escape propane option-
Attached Thumbnails
89239CDD-B48F-4A09-AD05-27EABB2C2E68.jpg  
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 05:03 PM   #6

Trailer: 2021
Easy peasy you will love the feature, i connect to a Outland Bowl.
johnnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 05:04 PM   #7

Perfect! Thank you both!
Old 03-22-2022, 10:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
17’ blackstone, hook up needed to connect to the Escape propane option-
And when you do that, you end up with a hose that cannot easily be used on anything else without using wrenches and fittings. If Escape supplies a hose with a female 3/8 flare on it, get a quick disconnect/shutoff

GASPRO 1/4 Inch RV Propane Quick Connect Fittings, Natural & Propane Gas Hose Plug Set with Shutoff Valve

and then get this fitting, screw then together and install on the hose. Then use everything with quick disconnects.. Its like air hoses in your workshop, make everything quick disconnect and all the same.

Anderson Metals 54048-0604 Brass Tube Fitting, Half-Union, 3/8" Flare x 1/4" Male Pipe

Charles
Old 03-23-2022, 08:21 AM   #9

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesinGA View Post
And when you do that, you end up with a hose that cannot easily be used on anything else without using wrenches and fittings. If Escape supplies a hose with a female 3/8 flare on it, get a quick disconnect/shutoff

GASPRO 1/4 Inch RV Propane Quick Connect Fittings, Natural & Propane Gas Hose Plug Set with Shutoff Valve

and then get this fitting, screw then together and install on the hose. Then use everything with quick disconnects.. Its like air hoses in your workshop, make everything quick disconnect and all the same.

Anderson Metals 54048-0604 Brass Tube Fitting, Half-Union, 3/8" Flare x 1/4" Male Pipe

Charles
I see you have a Bigfoot camper, I have a 5.0 escape, it already comes with a disconnect on the camper. When one chooses this as a option during your build you’re good to go.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 06:36 PM   #10

OK, I have to admit to being a propane novice!
So if the appliances I want to connect (a small Weber BBQ and an Outland fire bowl) to the Escape trailer already have regulators do I need to remove these?
It looks relatively easy to do so on the BBQ but the fire bowl looks challenging. Seems as if the hose might be crimped on.
Old 03-24-2022, 06:39 PM   #11

it looks like a crimp. Its a heat wrap, comes off with knife tip.
Old 03-24-2022, 06:41 PM   #12

shrink wrap....sorry
Old 03-26-2022, 09:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
I see you have a Bigfoot camper, I have a 5.0 escape, it already comes with a disconnect on the camper. When one chooses this as a option during your build you’re good to go.
I too have a factory disconnect. The pieces I suggest in the last post I made were a reply to the hose provided by Escape. If Escape provides a hose with a nipple on one end to plug into the connector on the trailer..... and the other end is open, female 3/8 flare then the pieces I posted will make it a male/female hose that can be connected to anything. This was all in response to the Blackstone fitting that you showed with the male 3/8 flare on it. Doing that makes the hose useless for other purposes. Installing the connector on it and then using the blackstone fitting I showed, makes the hose useful for anything.

It would kinda be like connecting an air hose to your impact permanently and then having to take wrenches to disconnect it to use the hose on you air hammer or blow nozzle. You want a hose with a male nipple and a female connector and then put male nipples on all of your propane devices.

Charles
Old 03-26-2022, 09:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender View Post
OK, I have to admit to being a propane novice!
So if the appliances I want to connect (a small Weber BBQ and an Outland fire bowl) to the Escape trailer already have regulators do I need to remove these?
It looks relatively easy to do so on the BBQ but the fire bowl looks challenging. Seems as if the hose might be crimped on.
Indeed, the regulators cannot be used. If you have a regulator that connects to an LP bottle, that connects to a hose............ like this for example..

It probably has a fitting you can unscrew. It may be just inside the body of the fire bowl. Then install a nipple. If it has not fittings you can unscrew, you may end up cutting the hose, leaving a good bit of it attached to the fire bowl, and then installing a nipple with a barb fitting that fits the hose. You are only talking about 1/2 psi so a simple hose clamp would suffice.

Charles
Old 07-03-2023, 11:30 AM   #15
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 5.0 TA
Need the male adaptor for the quick connection on the trailer.
Have a 10 ft hose with male & female threads on either end. Bought the 1/4 adaptor to go on the hose ends. The male adaptor starts to go in to the adaptor on the trailer but not far enough. It looks like the 1/4 end on the fitting end is to long.
occer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 01:59 PM   #16

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by occer View Post
Need the male adaptor for the quick connection on the trailer.
Have a 10 ft hose with male & female threads on either end. Bought the 1/4 adaptor to go on the hose ends. The male adaptor starts to go in to the adaptor on the trailer but not far enough. It looks like the 1/4 end on the fitting end is to long.
You need to make sure the propane valve on the trailer is in the OFF position (90 degrees to the outlet). Then push the collar back on the fitting on the trailer, then push the fitting on the hose in.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 11:29 PM   #17
Site Team

And for the rest of the story.

Turns out the universal fitting (male) was the wrong inside diameter. Camping World had the correct one. After checking Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, Wilco, Coast, The ones sold / offered by Mr. Heater do not work and that was the brand everyone sells.
Old 07-04-2023, 02:55 AM   #18

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
We have a firepit we bought used, we always use an extra tank. My firepit goes through a lot of propane so I don't want to use the bottles on the trailer. I only use my little Coleman stove off the propane disconnect.
Old 07-04-2023, 09:47 AM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
We have a firepit we bought used, we always use an extra tank. My firepit goes through a lot of propane so I don't want to use the bottles on the trailer. I only use my little Coleman stove off the propane disconnect.

That’s good to know, last night was the first time using it so have no experience yet on how much it uses .