Sewer Maserator pump? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2024, 09:41 AM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Sewer Maserator pump?

I'm constantly challenged, especially here in Mexico, by RV dump stations where the sewer pipe is higher than my trailer's drain. One of the guys on the caravan I'm with has a built-in maserator pump on his nifty. Super-B, can't remember the RV brand... I see they make these for external attachment, they fit right on the sewer outlet of the trailer plug into 12 volts that you provide nearby, and switch them on and hit your black tank dump and whoosh it pumps uphill via a garden hose.

Anyone use one of these with an escape 21? Comments experience? Pros cons?
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 09:49 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape 21, July 2018 delivery
we have one, and use it, but only in special circumstances. When we get home after a trip, we sometimes flush the tanks into our septic tank, which can't be reached by normal sewer hose. The macerator pump allows us to pump through a garden hose.

At normal dump stations, we use the normal hose, but so far, we have never found the drain location too high relative to the trailer. The grey tank is slow to drain (to put it mildly), but there is not much that can be done about that, the problem is mostly that the bottom of the tank has so little elevation above the drain. The macerator helps with this, but is more hassle than just waiting for the normal hose to get done, as long as that will work given the layout of the dump station.
AllanEdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 11:19 AM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanEdie View Post
we have one, and use it, but only in special circumstances. When we get home after a trip, we sometimes flush the tanks into our septic tank, which can't be reached by normal sewer hose. The macerator pump allows us to pump through a garden hose.
We are looking at one as well for this very reason. Waiting until we arrive at our new location before we purchase it.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 11:31 AM   #4

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
We have one, and it works well. I've pumped through a 100 foot garden hose without problems.

One thing I've found useful to avoid "accidents" is wireless remote on/off switch to control the pump while being at the discharge end of the hose. Probably not an issue if you're just pumping a short distance though.
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 04:58 AM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
How messy is the detachable maserator pump after a use, and how/where do you transport it?
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 07:42 AM   #6

It's not messy. There is hose connection with a one way valve on the side that's used to flush the pump before disconnecting. I run the pump with while flushing and it comes out perfectly clean

Once cleaned out, I store the pump in a plastic bin in the front of the trailer.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:02 AM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA
I’ve thought of one too. Would love to know what you purchased. Thanks.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:26 AM   #8

I just bought one of the "low end" white label ones on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Mace...dp/B09W5NMGMS/
Old 03-28-2024, 11:39 AM   #9

BTW, the best use I've found for the pump is transferring gray water from the trailer into a 36 gallon Rhino tank. I hook the empty tank to the back of the car, and then fill it with the pump. It makes it much easier than moving around the full tank, which is 300lb when full.
Old 04-17-2024, 09:48 AM   #10

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
I used one for years when I was living stationary in a 30' trailer. I would pump my black water holding tank into a 35gl tank in the back of my truck like this. It worked great.

I am thinking about getting a macerator pump and adding a dump port to our septic tank here at home. The nearest public dump stations we can use is over 30 miles away from our home. It's not hard to stop and dump on the way home but sometimes we use our escape here at home for guest accommodations and I hate to have to hitch up and drive 60 miles just to dump the holding tanks.
Attached Thumbnails
image_2024-04-17_084132608.png  
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 08:08 AM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
I just bought one of the "low end" white label ones on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Mace...dp/B09W5NMGMS/
Thanks for this. We have the same situation now at our home in Idaho. The sewer clean out is easily a foot tall so that it can still be accessed with snow on the ground I am told. I plan on using a pump to empty my gray tank at home.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote