what size sewer hose 2005 17b - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2021, 05:46 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 Escape 17b
what size sewer hose 2005 17b

I just bought the Camco Rhinoflex 15' kit and it is too long for the sewage hose storage pipe on the outside of the camper. I think the dimensions of the pipe are 4" diameter and about 34.5" in length. Does anyone have this same or similar year camper and has a recommendation of what to purchase? I haven't tested the width yet (still trying to open the cover on the pipe!), but it definitely looks longer for the length.
harvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 06:20 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvest View Post
I just bought the Camco Rhinoflex 15' kit and it is too long for the sewage hose storage pipe on the outside of the camper. I think the dimensions of the pipe are 4" diameter and about 34.5" in length. Does anyone have this same or similar year camper and has a recommendation of what to purchase? I haven't tested the width yet (still trying to open the cover on the pipe!), but it definitely looks longer for the length.
Once upon a time I had a 2007 17b and the sewer hose pipe was short and not big enough to hold a Rhino or any other brand. I would replace the pipe with one from your local RV dealer. A 10 foot Rhino will fit and maybe the 15 would also.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Once upon a time I had a 2007 17b and the sewer hose pipe was short and not big enough to hold a Rhino or any other brand. I would replace the pipe with one from your local RV dealer. A 10 foot Rhino will fit and maybe the 15 would also.
Thanks, Chris. When I look at the back, the white pipe seems to bump up to the battery, so I am not sure how to get a bigger pipe to fit there. Is there another place you installed it? Do you recall if that happened to you?
Old 06-12-2021, 07:12 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Quote:
Thanks, Chris. When I look at the back, the white pipe seems to bump up to the battery, so I am not sure how to get a bigger pipe to fit there. Is there another place you installed it? Do you recall if that happened to you?
there maybe room under the frame, our 2015 5TA has it hanging from the frame at the back. It depends on how the frame was done in 2005 is there room?, where you plan to camp (rough off road or paved campgrounds)

if you look on ETI's website for the 17B, the tube is below the frame behind the wheels. It does not stick down much.
Old 06-12-2021, 08:56 PM   #5
MVA

Trailer: 2017 E19
Quote:
I also have a 15' Rhinoflex sewer hose kit. When the hose is collapsed, I can just fit it in my E19 storage pipe, except for the sewer adapter (the part that screws into the sewer line) when I store separately in a sealed rubbermaid storage container.

Perhaps my E19 sewer hose storage pipe is longer?
MVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 09:00 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
You may also have problems fitting the ends of the sewer hose into the 4" pipe. I had to file mine down. I think I have a 10' hose. I carry adjustable jaw pliers to take the cap off the pipe.
Old 06-13-2021, 12:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVA View Post
I also have a 15' Rhinoflex sewer hose kit. When the hose is collapsed, I can just fit it in my E19 storage pipe, except for the sewer adapter (the part that screws into the sewer line) when I store separately in a sealed rubbermaid storage container.

Perhaps my E19 sewer hose storage pipe is longer?
It might be, I don't know. I think the newer 17's have a longer storage pipe, ours is 2005, so that might be why it is shorter. I am thinking of seeing how to get a longer pipe installed underneath. I don't think I can do it though. I will try to get a picture tomorrow and post it here of the pipe area, it doesn't go all the way across, it stops at our battery. I measured and I think it was 34.5 inches or so. Maybe 36, I wasn't being that exact at the time.
Old 06-13-2021, 12:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You may also have problems fitting the ends of the sewer hose into the 4" pipe. I had to file mine down. I think I have a 10' hose. I carry adjustable jaw pliers to take the cap off the pipe.
I think that is what I need to open it. When we had it at the service shop I was able to open it, I am not sure why I can't do it now!
Old 06-13-2021, 12:19 AM   #9

Quote:
I think that is what I need to open it. When we had it at the service shop I was able to open it, I am not sure why I can't do it now!

Any piece of grit in the thread is all it takes. I've tried white lithium grease, but still have to resort to the pliers.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 10.18.44 PM.png  
Old 06-13-2021, 08:09 AM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5TA
Shortly after purchase in 2015, I switched to a grinder pump and garden hose. No flexible pipe to try and clean. Never looked back. The stinky slinky is still in the tube just in case.
strawbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:00 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I replaced the stock sewer hose holder with a pair of 5" fence posts that run the full width of the trailer under the frame. One for the sewer hose (holds a 15' Rhino hose & right angle end adapter), and the other for a 5' folding ladder.
Attached Thumbnails
JON_1148.jpg  
Old 06-14-2021, 05:08 PM   #12

Trailer: 2006 17B
I liked Jon’s idea about the 5 inch square posts, but didn’t want to put under the trailer, so I installed behind the propane tanks. Works great and is so convenient to be able to slide the tray out. I then installed a short one for the adapter. My 2006 came with a short hose and holder, but it was rarely long enough to reach most sewer dumps.
If you’re wondering what the chicken wire is for, a couple years ago a squirrel chewed the rubber on my 7 pin electrical wire and the propane hose, so now I hook this piece of wire underneath when the trailer sits for any length of time.
I bought my trailer used and a couple years ago decided I should have the wheel bearings packed. I asked the fellow at the tire service if he could check the electric brakes too. He said all was fine. Recently, at an electric automotive shop, I inquired about the brakes and the fellow jacked up each side and had me apply the truck brakes. I only had one brake and that one was in bad shape. There’s more maintenance than one realizes on these older trailers, it really pays to find someone with the knowledge needed to repair. But, they are worth it! Enjoy yours!
I have no idea why this photo is upside down, or how to correct. Sorry.
Attached Images

riverplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:10 PM   #13

I was first thinking of getting the adjustable Valterra pipe, but then was thinking the quickest and simplest thing to do is get a 10' hose. The rv shop said they sell a Valterra that is 10' that will fit in a 34" x 4" pipe, aside from the clear elbow. They said it was 18 mil and was kind of medium quality, not as good as the Rhino but not super cheap. If I buy this, I can get it this week and then we can fit it in what we already have on the camper. This way we can go camping this weekend and be able to dump the black and grey tanks. I was told we could only use the 10' for dumping at a station most likely, but that is most likely what we will be doing anyway. Does anyone have a 10' and use at a dump station and it works fine? I am trying to keep it simple so we can get out there and camp. Thanks!!
Old 06-16-2021, 03:03 PM   #14

Quote:
IDoes anyone have a 10' and use at a dump station and it works fine? I am trying to keep it simple so we can get out there and camp. Thanks!!

All you have to do is move the trailer close to the dump. You'll normally be within five feet so no problem, and the 10' hose will be easier to put away.
Don't need those trestle hose holders either. You simply lift the hose to help the contents move along, and you can feel what's happening, so you don't need a clear section, unless you really want to watch.