New round of COVID campground closures in Calfornia - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-05-2020, 03:17 PM   #1
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
New round of COVID campground closures in Calfornia

Looks like COVID may be complicating upcoming camping plans in California.

Per news reports: "...Campgrounds at national and state parks in California will temporarily close when the governor’s stay-at-home order goes into effect in Northern California, the Bay Area, greater Sacramento, San Joaquin Valley and Southern California. The order announced Thursday imposes stricter rules to ease the toll the COVID-19 crisis is taking on hospitals. Certain areas of the state will shut down when capacity at intensive care units drops below 15%."

More info at:

https://www.chron.com/california-par...o-15778417.php

https://www.latimes.com/travel/story...e-order-starts

https://www.goldrushcam.com/sierrasu...y-icu-capacity

- Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 09:30 AM   #2

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
Looks like COVID may be complicating upcoming camping plans in California.

Per news reports: "...Campgrounds at national and state parks in California will temporarily close when the governor’s stay-at-home order goes into effect in Northern California, the Bay Area, greater Sacramento, San Joaquin Valley and Southern California. The order announced Thursday imposes stricter rules to ease the toll the COVID-19 crisis is taking on hospitals. Certain areas of the state will shut down when capacity at intensive care units drops below 15%."
- Bea
I think the hammer will be dropping in many states but perhaps not so much in those which are more attenuated to the current administration's political views re: the negation of science and the individual rights narratives.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 09:50 AM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We still have 5 months of Winter to go through , so worrying / fretting about park closures seems a little premature . Come May when the snow starts melting then I will pay attention
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:34 AM   #4

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We still have 5 months of Winter to go through , so worrying / fretting about park closures seems a little premature . Come May when the snow starts melting then I will pay attention
5 months?
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 11:24 AM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Those of us who live and camp in California want to know this information. So sorry, Wisconsin.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:14 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Those of us who live and camp in California want to know this information. So sorry, Wisconsin.
No reason to feel sorry, it is what it is besides we chose to live here .
Our lake is almost iced over and some years the ice does not come off the lakes until late April ,early May .
I am currently sitting in my deer stand ,hunting and temps are in the low 20s with a NW breeze . Warmer than normal for early December so being outside isn’t too bad
Spring and Summer will be here soon enough and we can pull our Escape out of storage and go camping . Everything has its season
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
No reason to feel sorry, it is what it is besides we chose to live here .
Our lake is almost iced over and some years the ice does not come off the lakes until late April ,early May .
I am currently sitting in my deer stand ,hunting and temps are in the low 20s with a NW breeze . Warmer than normal for early December so being outside isn’t too bad
Spring and Summer will be here soon enough and we can pull our Escape out of storage and go camping . Everything has its season
Have never understood how one can 'Hunt' while sitting. Wouldn't that be 'waiting'?
RangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 03:59 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerMan View Post
Have never understood how one can 'Hunt' while sitting. Wouldn't that be 'waiting'?

Hmmm. I occasionally fish while sitting, watching my dry fly. Yes, perhaps I am "waiting" for the fish to do all the work.

--
Alan
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmalk View Post
Hmmm. I occasionally fish while sitting, watching my dry fly. Yes, perhaps I am "waiting" for the fish to do all the work.

--
Alan
Waiting for fish, Now that is a perfectly natural thing to do, sitting(reclining) on the river bank, basking in the warm sun.

Be sure you do not put bait on the hook. One would not want to be bothered pulling a fish in.
RangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:19 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerMan View Post
Waiting for fish, Now that is a perfectly natural thing to do, sitting(reclining) on the river bank, basking in the warm sun.
... while eating a fresh bagel ...

Be sure you do not put bait on the hook. One would not want to be bothered pulling a fish in.
I have been known to remove the treble hook from the lure or snap off the point of a fly for that very reason.
--
Alan
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote