Ruthe's Blog - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2023, 12:05 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Ruthe's Blog

I just posted to my travel blog:

https://ruthmatilskyworld.wordpress.com/

I recommend Riverside State Park, Bowl and Pitcher Campground in Washington State. Lots of hiking right out of the campground and beautiful views. The other place we liked was LaPine State Park in Oregon -- a lot of hiking and the campground was full hookups and really well maintained. There is a camper clubhouse to hang out in -- as the days get shorter and colder that is a special perk.

We are meeting a lot of Escape owners. As we pulled into Riverside an Escape was pulling out. They stopped to say Hello but we were preoccupied with figuring out where our campsite was. The next day a 19 pulled in -- newer than ours -- and we got to hang out with Veronica and Greg.

The picture is from the Buffalo Gap Grasslands where we boondocked -- it's just outside the Badlands; people call it the Wall
Attached Thumbnails
pinnacles.jpg  
Old 10-06-2023, 08:57 AM   #2

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Neat shot. Looks like an Oliver joined you up on The Wall
Old 10-06-2023, 09:53 AM   #3

Yes, they were there briefly, but we didn't have a chance to talk with them. The Olivers look really nice, but their layout would not work for us.
Old 10-12-2023, 07:07 PM   #4

South dakota to santa cruz ca

I just posted to my blog.

The photo is from Riverside State Park in WA State. The area is called Bowl and Pitcher.

Terry and I are near Santa Cruz, getting ready to go to Yosemite in a couple of days. We're staying at Cotillion Gardens RV Park in Felton. The great thing about it is that you can walk directly into Henry Cowell State Park from Cotillion, and walk the trails. The RV Park is adequate -- bathrooms are clean but the showers have a button that you have to push every ten seconds. Not optimal, but we're managing. We were going to stay in Henry Cowell, but there were no hookups and no dump station or water fill and since we'll be in Yosemite for two weeks or more we wanted things to be easy this week.
Attached Thumbnails
bowlandpitcher_small.jpeg  
Old 11-17-2023, 06:15 PM   #5

Santa Cruz and Yosemite

In the last four or five weeks we've been to Santa Cruz, Yosemite, Death Valley and Grand Canyon. I just posted some pictures and descriptions of the trip to my travel blog. The photo was taken in Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park in Felton CA.

In Felton we stayed at Cotillion Gardens RV Park instead of Henry Cowells because we wanted to have hookups before going to Yosemite. The good thing was that we could walk into Henry Cowells from the campground. The negative was that the showers were the worst we've had on the trip. We had to push a button for five seconds worth of water and keep doing it over and over again.
Attached Thumbnails
SANTA_CR_Ponderosaerra.jpg