Cooktop Choices D21 or Enos - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-20-2021, 06:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 21C Escape
Question Cooktop Choices D21 or Enos

I am in the configuration phase of my new 21C finally.
There are many choices I have already decided on but because I would love lots of countertop space, sealed burners and enough room to cook, this one has me stumped.
Cooktop choices (I do not want an oven)
I will not be installing an aftermarket cooktop even though I know there are great choices out there.
New standard: Dometic D21 - sealed burners? Some are saying the top is hard to keep locked in an upright position? I am concerned about it being big enough for 2 regular size (10") fry pan and a saucepan.
Enos Kos 3 burner cooktop – 4333-40 - sits above the countertop about 1? 3 non sealed burners?
If you have any photos or any tips on either one of these choices, I would appreciate it.
ebike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebike1 View Post
... I will not be installing an aftermarket cooktop even though I know there are great choices out there. ....
If the hangup is you installing, at least as of recently ETI will install a Dickinson 2-burner for you if you get it to them timely for your build (but maybe you already know that, and what ETI will do is always subject to change).

>>>>>

Pics of D21 in my 5.0 (might be different in a 21C, the kitchen window is fully 'clear' of the cooktop in the 5.0).

IMO when parked the top/cover is not hard to keep in the open position, the greater risk is breaking it by failing to "lift" as instructed when trying to close it.

IMO the top/cover would be at great risk of falling closed and breakage if left open when traveling (road-bumps), so don't do that.

Hope that helps, Have Fun!
Attached Thumbnails
01.jpg   02.jpg  
Old 09-20-2021, 08:42 PM   #3

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
As of my build sheet process started in May this year, they would not install any non ETI chosen cooking appliances. I have a cooktop delete and a Dickinson waiting for my trailer.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:56 PM   #4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
If the hangup is you installing, at least as of recently ETI will install a Dickinson 2-burner for you if you get it to them timely for your build (but maybe you already know that, and what ETI will do is always subject to change).

>>>>>

Pics of D21 in my 5.0 (might be different in a 21C, the kitchen window is fully 'clear' of the cooktop in the 5.0).

IMO when parked the top/cover is not hard to keep in the open position, the greater risk is breaking it by failing to "lift" as instructed when trying to close it.

IMO the top/cover would be at great risk of falling closed and breakage if left open when traveling (road-bumps), so don't do that.

Hope that helps, Have Fun!

Thank you. That really helps! The measurements really help as well. I think I am gun shy as the several of the rv stoves we had were the black metal covers that never ever stay open. I really would like to keep the counter top real estate and the flush mount would help. I need to decide if I can live with the recommended pan sizes. I am not a huge cook but when I cannot cook outside I like using the stove.
Old 09-21-2021, 12:16 AM   #5

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
As of closing of our build sheet last month, ETI stated that they would not install Dickinson stoves because of lack of a certification.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 07:49 AM   #6

Dometic d21 altitude vs Eno

I saw the Dickenson and that would be nice ...aftermarket install not something that will work for me in this phase of my life.
There are some posts saying that the Dometic is not rated above 4100 feet ! I live over 4100 feet altitude and camp often above 9000 feet.. this has me concerned
There are no such claims on the Enos but that stands to reason sice they are built for boats..

Tags
21c, cooking, cooktop, counter top