cooktop questions? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2022, 06:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 5.0 escape
cooktop questions?

We want to install the Dickinson Marine two burner cooktop but have been told that the Dickinson two burner cooktop is not certified for use in RVs and therefore a fire or explosion in our RV would not be covered by insurance if we had this cooktop installed.

Has anyone else heard this or have evidence to the contrary?

We want to like the Dometic cooktop that comes with our 5.0 but reviews on line are terrible and raises questions as to it ability to function at over 4500 as well as durability.

We now thinking of installing the Eno three burner cooktop for lack of better options and wondering if anyone out there has personal experience to share regarding the Eno?
tedtucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 06:39 PM   #2

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21C
Re: ENO 3-burner cooktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedtucci View Post
We now thinking of installing the Eno three burner cooktop...
It's what I'm thinking about too. It seems better reviewed on the marine forums than the Dometic is. I really want the convection microwave under the stovetop.

The ENO looks like I could use larger pans on it. I cannot imagine not being able to cook with my 10.5" cast-iron skillet that's been in my family since 1919.
SteveSgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 10:07 PM   #3

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
My insurance company knows I took cooktop delete and installed a Dickinson. The ENO is also a marine stove; I do not know if it is RV approved. My Dickinson manual says to make sure it is installed with supply lines, regulator, and fittings and in a manner meeting the applicable codes. II mentions local, national, and mobile home standards. It does not mention any marine or RV codes. It says the large burner is a 10” or smaller bottom on the pan and 6” for the smaller burner.