Hatch Option on 21 NE - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-27-2020, 11:13 AM   #1

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2
Hatch Option on 21 NE

We considering ordering the passenger side and drivers side hatch options on our 21 NE and wanted to see if they are a good idea or not. I don't see too many of them in photos I've seen of 21 NE's. Are they a popular option to get? Does the front passenger hatch open if you also have a manual awning? Are they the same size as the standard hatch that comes at the rear passenger location or are they smaller? Thank You!
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:11 PM   #2
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfschu View Post
We considering ordering the passenger side and drivers side hatch options on our 21 NE and wanted to see if they are a good idea or not. I don't see too many of them in photos I've seen of 21 NE's. Are they a popular option to get? Does the front passenger hatch open if you also have a manual awning? Are they the same size as the standard hatch that comes at the rear passenger location or are they smaller? Thank You!
After confirming our 21NE build sheet, we were advised by ETI that the manual awning that we ordered prevented having a pass through hatch installed. The arms of the manual awning passenger side interfered with the hatch opening.

As for size, I can only presume that the hatch would be the same size as that on the drivers side of the trailer...which is also smaller than the rear passenger side hatch opening.

The front drivers side hatch provides access to storage under the dinette seating area, which also includes trailer wiring and electronics. Considering under seat access can be a challenge, IMHO, I would describe the second smaller hatch as a nice to have rather than a need to have...especially with all the electrics contained within.
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 03:51 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Not sure if this video helps or not. No manual awning but it does highlight the rear passenger side hatch and the front drivers side hatch and shows the accessible space.

Old 12-28-2020, 09:27 AM   #4

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Not sure if this video helps or not. No manual awning but it does highlight the rear passenger side hatch and the front drivers side hatch and shows the accessible space.

It appears in the video the 90 degree door is not on the example camper. After two years and well over 300 nights we like the 90 degree door. YMMV.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 12-28-2020, 10:17 AM   #5

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2
Thanks Perry but what is a 90 degree door?
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 12:02 PM   #6

Trailer: 2021
You mentioned pass thru hatch. Would both front hatches line up to each other ?
johnnyv is offline   Reply With Quote