Recent deliveries - delays? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2020, 12:50 PM   #1

Trailer: N/A
Recent deliveries - delays?

We're scheduled for a 12/14 delivery of our 21NE in Sumas, but we were just advised component shortages could impact that date. Specifically, the furnace was mentioned. We were told to check in a couple weeks ahead of time to verify.

Has anyone here had a recent delivery delayed, and if so - how long?
syspig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 02:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Just FYI there's some discussion of this in recent posts in the "It's Friday ...." build pics thread.
Old 11-08-2020, 05:58 PM   #3

Trailer: 2020 escape 5.0 coming soon
Ours was due to be complete Oct 26 because of heater delay, we were just informed it will be complete and ready to ship Nov 20th. I do know we were third in line for a heater. I don’t know how many they got in.
almuzyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 08:37 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 E-19
Last I heard, a week ago, was that supply chain issues meant there weren't aluminum wheels or a furnace for my 19. Our completion date isn't til 12/10, so it's pretty easy to remain optimistic, for now at least.
Melusine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 09:07 PM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21C
My delivery is scheduled for 12-10. I was told that they are waiting on a furnace and oven for my unit. Vivian said they couldn't give me any kind of time frame. But on Friday (11-6) another forum member said they received their furnace. I don't know what that means for the rest of us��
stahake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 09:13 PM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Lots of supply chain issues due to the border closure and huge demands on shippers (and everyone wanting an RV at once.) I waited two weeks for my manual awning and then since I live close by, took the trailer without it. Hopefully I'll get to go back up and get it if the border opens by late spring; if not, they'll ship it.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 06:19 AM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
I was informed of a delivery delay of my 19. They finally got the heaters in and now I am to get my 19 about the end of Nov.
Letsdothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:12 PM   #8

Trailer: None
How long to build s 19?

We are thinking about placing an order for a 19 before I retire. How long does it typically take to take delivery. Once the order is finalized?
RandyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:27 PM   #9

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyT View Post
We are thinking about placing an order for a 19 before I retire. How long does it typically take to take delivery. Once the order is finalized?
IMO these days there is no "typical" that's meaningful, ETI's (Escape Trailers Industries') order backlog is significant but always changing, as is the situation with supplying-vendor issues.

Having said that, ETI does not consider an order "finalized" until the Build Sheet is "Confirmed" and the "Purchase Agreement Executed" which occurs 3 months prior to the "Completion Date". The "Completion Date" would only change if there's specific component vendor delays and they have no way of predicting that in advance (depends on the components in your order and totally unforeseeable supplying-vendor issues).

My sincere suggestion is that you give them a call and have a brief talk with one of the friendly sales staff - they'll be able to quickly explain the deposit (reservation) / order / build process and give you the most current status on order lead times with no 'obligation' whatsoever.

ETI Order Process Info page link (suggest you call for latest status)

ETI contact page link

ETI Purchase Process Milestones
  • Submit Deposit, select a requested delivery date
  • You'll get a prompt email reply confirming receipt of your deposit and providing these four milestone dates:
  1. Start of Configuration Stage [calendar date] (4 months prior to completion)
  2. Confirmation date/Purchase Agreement [calendar date] (3 months prior to completion)
  3. Production Complete [calendar date]***
  4. Free Storage Ends [calendar date] (1 month after completion)

Cancel your order before completing Milestone 2 and you only forfeit the deposit processing fee ($150 USD/$200 CAD), the balance of your deposit will be refunded.

Cancel your order after completing Milestone 2 and you forfeit the full amount of your deposit.

***This is the one that's subject to change due totally unpredictable supplying-vendor issues
Old 12-04-2020, 09:10 PM   #10

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
I’ll add two comments to Centex’s very clear timeline.

When you make your deposit you can ask to be added to a waiting list and give them your earliest acceptable delivery date. If an earlier spot comes free, there is a process to offer the date which you can accept or decline. For example I was recently offered a date three months earlier than my booked date.

Your deposit is fully refundable any time up to the Purchase Agreement date, less the original credit card processing fee which is a couple of hundred dollars. So the deposit process is pretty risk free, which is why you may get bumped as people’s plans evolve.
Old 12-28-2020, 12:11 PM   #11

Trailer: 2022 Keystone Cougar 29RLKWE & RAM 2500
Delivery Delays

My 21C had a Nov 27th completion date. Like others I was told by ETI there's a shortage of furnaces and ovens. I checked with ETI last week and was told the furnace is installed. Still waiting on oven, and no expected delivery date from supplier. I asked about alternative ovens, and was told ETI doesn't have the staff to modify my countertop.

ETI is on vacation until Jan 4th. I'm going to call ETI and see what alternatives can possibly take place so I can take delivery of my trailer, e.g. ship trailer without oven, and ship oven to me when ETI receives it.
dlakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 09:02 AM   #12

Trailer: 19 Escape, arrived March 2021
Compressor fridge delays

Our 19 was scheduled for completion on March 9th. It’s been delayed at least two weeks waiting for a compressor fridge.
thunderworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 11:26 AM   #13

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
No AC heat strip

We have a completion date of 3/19 and no delays yet! The only thing removed from our build sheet is the AC heat strip because of no supply.
F n’ R Adv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 07:20 PM   #14

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
We too got the notice about the AC heat strips. Since we had dropped them along with the AC, it really doesn’t affect us. But, anyone with AC heat strips in their build might be affected by the supply chain issues with Dometic AC heat strips.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote