Originally Posted by RandyT
We are thinking about placing an order for a 19 before I retire. How long does it typically take to take delivery. Once the order is finalized?
IMO these days there is no "typical" that's meaningful, ETI's (Escape Trailers Industries') order backlog is significant but always changing, as is the situation with supplying-vendor issues.
Having said that, ETI does not consider an order "finalized" until the Build Sheet is "Confirmed" and the "Purchase Agreement Executed" which occurs 3 months prior to the "Completion Date". The "Completion Date" would only change if there's specific component vendor delays and they have no way of predicting that in advance (depends on the components in your order and totally unforeseeable supplying-vendor issues).
My sincere suggestion is that you give them a call and have a brief talk with one of the friendly sales staff - they'll be able to quickly explain the deposit (reservation) / order / build process and give you the most current status on order lead times with no 'obligation' whatsoever.
ETI Order Process Info page link (suggest you call for latest status)
ETI contact page link
ETI Purchase Process Milestones
- Submit Deposit, select a requested delivery date
- You'll get a prompt email reply confirming receipt of your deposit and providing these four milestone dates:
- Start of Configuration Stage [calendar date] (4 months prior to completion)
- Confirmation date/Purchase Agreement [calendar date] (3 months prior to completion)
- Production Complete [calendar date]***
- Free Storage Ends [calendar date] (1 month after completion)
Cancel your order before completing Milestone 2
and you only forfeit the deposit processing fee ($150 USD/$200 CAD), the balance of your deposit will be refunded.
Cancel your order after completing Milestone 2
and you forfeit the full amount of your deposit.
This is the one that's subject to change due totally unpredictable supplying-vendor issues