2024 Big Foot updates - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-12-2023, 09:19 AM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
2024 Big Foot updates

Nice article on Big Foot for 2024.

https://www.truckcampermagazine.com/...ot-rv-updates/
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 10:19 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21, May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRpod View Post
Wow. It's hard to not really appreciate the Big Foot brand and the campers they produce. A very positive article about a quality product set.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:24 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
We toured the factory last summer, very impressed
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 10:43 AM   #4

Trailer: 2023 E19
If I ever feel the need to "upgrade" from an Escape, Bigfoot would be high on my list.

Interestingly, although I see quite a few Bigfoot truck campers in my area, their travel trailers seem as rare as hen's teeth. I've come across a few older trailers (especially the 13' Lil'Bigfoot and 17.5 models)....but have only spotted one or two modern examples during my travels in south-central Alberta and BC this year. This compares to a dozen or so Escape sightings.
Selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 10:45 AM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21, May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post
If I ever feel the need to "upgrade" from an Escape, Bigfoot would be high on my list.

Interestingly, although I see quite a Bigfoot truck campers in my area, their travel trailers seem as rare as hen's teeth. I've come across a few older trailers (especially the 13' Lil'Bigfoot and 17.5 models)....but have only spotted one or two modern examples during my travels in south-central Alberta and BC this year. This compares to a dozen or so Escape sightings.
I, too, have seen far more Escape trailers than Big Foot. Their truck campers seem to be much more common...
Old 12-12-2023, 11:13 AM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Nice looking trailer and I am proud of all of our BC made Fiberglass RV products including Armadillo and Northern Lite.
However unless they have a model with a minimum of a 60 x 80 inch bed they are non starters for us.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 11:15 AM   #7

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
I was looking at the article and was wondering about the two solar panels mounted at the front top of the trailer. I assume they would catch lots of air. Mounts at the back edge and about 1/3 from the front edge. Hope this design has been tested at highway speeds. If the mounts are strong and secure, I hope the front 1/3 does not bend up or break off.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 9.03.29 AM.jpg  
Old 12-12-2023, 12:23 PM   #8

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Interesting article. In 2019, Truck Camper Magazine published an article titled, The Glass Secret: Under the Bigfoot Shell. Another great read.

We've owned a 2003 Bigfoot 25RQ for a little over a season, a 2018 Escape 5.0 for four complete seasons, and now a 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ the past year. For people like us, who camp many nights a year in under 20° F conditions down to 5° F, the Bigfoot makes sense, but I rarely recommend a Bigfoot. We love camping in November, January and other colder months.

I'm still partial to Escape trailers and easily recommend them 90% of the time. Our 5.0 was awesome! Since we're friends with bborzell we're excited to see their new Escape 23 and hear their opinions. If the 23 had been announced 6 months earlier we may have ordered one. Considering what you get, the Escape 23 fully loaded and priced at $65,000 is the best deal out there!

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 12-12-2023, 12:37 PM   #9

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
I was looking at the article and was wondering about the two solar panels mounted at the front top of the trailer. I assume they would catch lots of air. Mounts at the back edge and about 1/3 from the front edge. Hope this design has been tested at highway speeds. If the mounts are strong and secure, I hope the front 1/3 does not bend up or break off.
These are flying panels, or panels that will twist in half, waiting to happen. No way would I mount a panel out in front of the roof like Bigfoot did here. They are on a Bigfoot 21, not a 25 where there is much more room.

I mounted our front panel nearly about 10" back from the front edge of the roof of our 25RQ. I also placed the mounts on the leading edge of the panel for better strength.

Food for thought,

Perry

Old 12-12-2023, 12:54 PM   #10

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Impressive company turning out a quality camper....