Life is strange.......whole new perspective - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2020, 06:54 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Life is strange.......whole new perspective

If you think living and coping with the covid virus is bad, think again. Losing use of your camper, no trips, no rallies, just sitting home watching lot of tv? Well, throw in a unknown new medical condition and it gives everything a whole new perspective.

Yesterday at age 74 I had my fist CT scan and felt completely hopeless. Doctors are now controlling you life and body, telling you where to go and what to do. This is all new to me as I have never been a patient in a hospital, never broke a bone, still have my tonsils and appendix, a classic 1946 model with all of its parts.

Will I want to go camping anymore, will I be able to go. Should I purchase cemetery plots and prepay my funeral? Who will take care of our fur animals if Noelia gets sick. where will she live? Do I trust the doctor's opinion? Do I have time for a second opinion? Life is strange.........
Old 07-17-2020, 06:58 AM   #2

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Oh no, Jim - hang in there, our thoughts are with you. Here's hoping that this turns out better than it sounds right now.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:15 AM   #3

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Hopefully it’s just from lack of camping. Thoughts and prayers are with you !!!!!!!!!
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 07:18 AM   #4

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
As my Mom would say, getting old isn't for sissies. Wishing you the best.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:20 AM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Casita
It's amazing how LIFE can change our perspectives in a heartbeat. I had a mere taste of what you appear to be facing, just this past Winter. Thankfully, I recovered, and I hope you do, as well. Wishing you the best.
jerryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:21 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Sorry to read about your situation, Jim. Life is strange indeed. I hope you get good news soon, something to lift your spirits. In the meantime, remember your friends are thinking of you. -Tom
mtnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:30 AM   #7

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
As we get older

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
If you think living and coping with the covid virus is bad, think again. Losing use of your camper, no trips, no rallies, just sitting home watching lot of tv? Well, throw in a unknown new medical condition and it gives everything a whole new perspective.

Yesterday at age 74 I had my fist CT scan and felt completely hopeless. Doctors are now controlling you life and body, telling you where to go and what to do. This is all new to me as I have never been a patient in a hospital, never broke a bone, still have my tonsils and appendix, a classic 1946 model with all of its parts.

Will I want to go camping anymore, will I be able to go. Should I purchase cemetery plots and prepay my funeral? Who will take care of our fur animals if Noelia gets sick. where will she live? Do I trust the doctor's opinion? Do I have time for a second opinion? Life is strange.........

I had a Dr that for every malady, he would say "as we get older". Well he has retired now and I am still going strong, not as strong or fast as 10 years ago but still being active and doing things I want to do and mostly going where I want to go. The last couple of months have been an exception, the focus has become be smart, be safe be well. Bored is way better than being ill. I also have a younger Dr that understands that I well know I am getting older, I live with it every day, so don't need the reminder. Some minor accommodations will be made and make sure you save some energy for tomorrow, but wear it out rather than let it rust.
Just a late mid life crisis, we all have several of them, we just can't remember them all.
HarleyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:35 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Jim, hope you get good news and start to feel better!
Old 07-17-2020, 10:50 AM   #9

Trailer: Casita SD 2017
Its all about perspective. I am sorry you feel this way and I sure hope you get better.
Consider how many people do not get to get older and some to even grow up. Getting old is a privilege.
AllaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 11:48 AM   #10
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
I think this song will help keep you focused forward...listen to the lyrics please. Works for me.

Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 11:51 AM   #11

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Prayers for a positive outcome for you, Jim.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:29 PM   #12
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Jim, Thank you for being vulnerable and sharing this with your Escape family. We are so sorry to hear this - you will be in our prayers. I am a believer in 2nd opinions so if possible, do consider it. Although we've never met, I feel like we have and sincerely hope to someday. Every day is a gift, that's why it's called the present - so take it one day at a time and hang in there, friend. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 01:33 PM   #13

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Jim our prayers are with you and Noelia as well. I did not realize that you've been so fortunate to live to 74 without any health issues to speak of to this point. You'll get through this. We were certainly concerned four years ago with my heart issues but now are not worried at all. It's Covid that's more our concern now especially with both our extra vulnerabilities.

Hang in there both of you
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 01:47 PM   #14

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I know there has to be at least one more Escape out there with your name on it, Jim!
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 01:59 PM   #15

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Wishing you a speedy full recovery from whatever they find.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 05:34 PM   #16

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
My prayer for you is for comfort and healing.

Your tag line is more true than ever - take it one day at a time, focus on what is important for today, and handle tomorrow when it gets here.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 05:43 PM   #17

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Quote:

I got the same news 15 months ago. Stage 4 etc. We were able to get 45 days of camping in during 2019 and about 14 this year. All the treatment options have now been exhausted but we have reservations for a stay at Manchester State Park beginning next week and no plan to cancel till the last moment. Keep the flag flying till shot down.
Charlie VZ
cvanzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 05:48 PM   #18

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:

Awe gee........Jim fingers crossed....did not expect to read something like this.....stay positive got to believe 1946 vwas a good year.....don't think ahead on this Dr may have positive news for you.....
Old 07-17-2020, 07:21 PM   #19

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Jim, you are in our prayers. We have enjoyed and learned from your many posts on the forum. Certainly hope your medical issue gets resolved quickly, your forum posts continue and you get to try out at least one of Escape’s new models!
ColoradoSwany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 07:27 PM   #20

Trailer: 17B 2019
We haven't met but always learn from your posts and appreciate your calm presence on the forum. Hope to hear you are back camping soon.
Bcescapist is offline   Reply With Quote