A few thoughts on picking up a new trailer... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-28-2019, 10:12 AM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chama View Post
3. Some way to mop the trailer floor. Ours was filthy on pickup, presumably from the workers’ boots, so we had to buy a Swiffer on Day 3 to mop the floor.
Swiffer WetJet? Where do you store it in your 21? Can you lay one down in the front toolbox (assuming you have one) without the cleaning fluid leaking out? I recently started using a WetJet at home and I like it; I'd like to get one for the trailer as well if I can store it horizontally.

BTW- I agree with others that your trailer should have been clean when you picked it up. Someone messed up.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:20 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 19'
The original swiffer has a folding handle and uses the swiffer dry/wet mat to attach, it should be pretty simple to carry in a trailer and no liquid (the wet mats usually comes in a tub) to dealt with. the swiffer wetjet is a different.
caddoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:21 AM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
There's not enough floor space in Ten Forward to worry to much about. Once the throw rugs are outside and the floor is swept, I just get down on my hands and knees and use the Swiffer wet pads. The container fits nicely in one of the wheel well cabinets. Because I don't have pets and the throw rugs cover 90% of the floor, I typically only need to wash the floor once a camping trip and it really only takes a couple of minutes. YMMV
Attached Thumbnails
Swiffer.JPG  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:24 AM   #24

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The EMS constantly monitors the electrical supply side, over/under voltage is common in the summer and can burn up your air conditioner as well as other electrical components. Any miswired cg electric can fry your equipment, it protects you. The range of over/under protection can be adjusted....
I think this is what you meant, but just to clarify you are not adjusting the range of protection on the EMS-HW30C. 104V on the low end and 132V on the high end both of which are fixed values. The calibration being referenced is simply to make sure the voltage reading is the same as the actual incoming voltage. Easily done with a voltmeter. The only time the deviation matters is if the actual voltage plus or minus the error is enough to falsely put you over or under the values listed above...and locking out power for no reason.
Attached Thumbnails
voltage range.JPG  
Old 02-28-2019, 11:07 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes, I was trying to answer to quick while watching tv.........thanks for clarifying.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:38 AM   #26

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by viator36 View Post
Ok, so this is the adjustment screw, got it!
LOL! My eyes followed your finger instead of the pointer.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:01 PM   #27

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C
LOL, that wasn't my finger, it was from a youtube video and I grabbed a frozen screen shot which showed the screw a bit clearer so you could make out the groove line on the tiny screw top, but barely. In other parts of the video that screw is just a small blurry silver/white dot. Yes that finger there can be confusing.
viator36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:10 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
There's not enough floor space in Ten Forward to worry to much about. Once the throw rugs are outside and the floor is swept, I just get down on my hands and knees and use the Swiffer wet pads. The container fits nicely in one of the wheel well cabinets. Because I don't have pets and the throw rugs cover 90% of the floor, I typically only need to wash the floor once a camping trip and it really only takes a couple of minutes. YMMV
Yeah, I've seen those wet pads for the regular Swiffer. Seems ideal for the trailer. I'll get some. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:28 PM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
Yeah, I've seen those wet pads for the regular Swiffer. Seems ideal for the trailer. I'll get some. Thanks.
A tip Mike. The solution in the pads is pretty strong. Be sure to wear a rubber glove, or a bread sack or hamburger bun bag, etc. over your using hand. The solution will really, really dry out your skin. I learned the hard way.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:38 PM   #30

Thanks. I intend to use the wet pads with the Swiffer. If I get down on my knees I'm usually on the floor for a while, so I try to avoid it.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:48 PM   #31

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
Thanks. I intend to use the wet pads with the Swiffer. If I get down on my knees I'm usually on the floor for a while, so I try to avoid it.

You'll still be on your knees to get any sap or tar-like substance off the floor. I've got Swiffer wet at home and am not a big fan. It sorta works.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:03 PM   #32

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Someone posted Scrubbing Bubbles and find that to be the best all around cleaner. Costco sells a big bag of white Terry towels for $20 and I use them for many things including the floor where it works great.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:09 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You'll still be on your knees to get any sap or tar-like substance off the floor. I've got Swiffer wet at home and am not a big fan. It sorta works.
It's not made for those conditions. For those you use peanut butter or mayonnaise or anything oily, just like you'd use on the exterior. The solution is for 'household' grime.

The positive is it's made for vinyl-type floors and won't dull the finish.

As far as being on your knees, yeah it's a PITA, but works. I start at the dinette and work my way to the doorway where I can simply stand up at the stair. And I know what works for one doesn't work for all, but this works well for me. YMMV
Old 03-01-2019, 05:45 PM   #34

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i just sweep or vacuum occasionally wipe down with a rag . My trailer was clean when i picked it up no issues. Maybe I should check the furnace but it seems to work fine. Glad i didn't have to calibrate anything!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:39 PM   #35

Trailer: ?
Your new trailer will come with a strong chemical smell inside from the outgassing of a variety of products, finishes, and such.

When we first got it, my wife and I were sitting inside congratulating ourselves for our wonderful choice.

After perhaps thirty minutes, Carol got a headache due to her sensitivity to a variety of organic chemicals. I could smell the chemical odor but it didn't affect me.

Should someone in your group be sensitive to organic compounds, you might ask ETI to leave all windows and roof vents opened during the construction process and the roof vents opened if in outside storage.

After a week with all windows and vents opened the chemical smell is still strong but less than it was.

Ed.
Heading out in three weeks.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:33 PM   #36

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I remember people selling "new car" smell in aerosol cans for used cars.....something every new item has and sometimes it is good to have.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:58 AM   #37

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
That’s what I do in our 21. Wife goes to Yoga class, I vacuum the runners, sweep the floor, than get down on my hands and knees with a spray bottle of vinegar and water, cleaning rag, and wash the floor by hand. The whole process start to finish takes about ten minutes. I do this once or twice a week.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:12 PM   #38

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Someone posted Scrubbing Bubbles and find that to be the best all around cleaner.

Scrubbing Bubbles contains bleach. Make sure you rinse well. I used it on the underside of my awning once.
Attached Thumbnails
shirt.jpg  
Old 03-02-2019, 02:44 PM   #39

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
My trailer was clean when i picked it up no issues. Maybe I should check the furnace but it seems to work fine.
Or just leave well enough alone. You might jostle some stuff loose when you investigate!
Old 03-02-2019, 04:53 PM   #40

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Scrubbing Bubbles contains bleach. Make sure you rinse well. I used it on the underside of my awning once.
That's very fashion forward! I like the effect.
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote