First impressions of our new 5.0TA - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-22-2019, 04:40 PM   #81
Senior Member
 
davidmurphy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Austin, Texas
Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Posts: 1,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
So it looks like you will be allowed to keep it then?
I think so....they have been clamoring at the door to go back out ever since we gave them an hour in the trailer this morning.

The question is will they let us use it too - their litter box fills the entire bathroom floor and we will have to take it out every time we go in. If that proves to be too inconvenient, Plan B is to convert part of the vast space under the second and third steps to a litter box area, there's room for a kitty opening next to the bottom of the first step. Harder to scoop and clean in there, though.
__________________

__________________
David, Mary, and the cats
davidmurphy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:07 PM   #82
Senior Member
 
davidmurphy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Austin, Texas
Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Posts: 1,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
For the dump valve...if it fits this twist on valve might be a (temporary?) solution.
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer/Va...RoCPUIQAvD_BwE
Thanks so much for this info - I picked one up today and it fits on there easily, the ring that clamps onto the sewer connection turns independently of the valve body so you can get it on without having to turn the valve body - fits in nicely between the black and gray handles. Not a permanent solution, but certainly makes life more pleasant in the meantime.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dump valve.jpg (191.9 KB, 28 views)
__________________

__________________
David, Mary, and the cats
davidmurphy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:37 PM   #83
Senior Member
 
rubicon327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 5,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
Thanks so much for this info - I picked one up today and it fits on there easily, the ring that clamps onto the sewer connection turns independently of the valve body so you can get it on without having to turn the valve body - fits in nicely between the black and gray handles. Not a permanent solution, but certainly makes life more pleasant in the meantime.
__________________
Mods to Rubicon: https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post249508
“One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.”― W.F.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:45 AM   #84
Senior Member
 
Hilola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Tehachapi, California
Trailer: none
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
I think so....they have been clamoring at the door to go back out ever since we gave them an hour in the trailer this morning.

The question is will they let us use it too - their litter box fills the entire bathroom floor and we will have to take it out every time we go in. If that proves to be too inconvenient, Plan B is to convert part of the vast space under the second and third steps to a litter box area, there's room for a kitty opening next to the bottom of the first step. Harder to scoop and clean in there, though.

David, I suspect moving the litter box everytime you need to use the bath will get old fast. Looking forward to seeing the stairwell mod! The things we do for our furry friends, eh?
__________________
Greg
Formerly owned a 2007 24' HiLo/ 2003 Tahoe combo. Interested in the 5.0TA
Hilola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:56 AM   #85
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Try spraying the valve seals with silicone lubricant (not regular WD-40) though the Valterra ell while working the valve open and close. Of course, the black tank will have to be completely empty to do this!

The attached video shows how to drill a lube hole in the valves - probably don't have to do this yet but near the end of the video, he discusses spraying lube up through the dump fitting. That is the one you might try.

Neat trick. I do worry that this type lube will break down quickly with exposure to water. A plumbing grease might work better, but it would mean some disassembly to properly apply it.

I had a dribble through my black valve when new. I thought it would go away, but it never did. I just blasted it with water hard when dumping one time, and that seemed to clear it up good. Not one bit of water coming through when closed now.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:03 AM   #86
Senior Member
 
davidmurphy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Austin, Texas
Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Posts: 1,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilola View Post
David, I suspect moving the litter box everytime you need to use the bath will get old fast. Looking forward to seeing the stairwell mod! The things we do for our furry friends, eh?
I tend to agree with that
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Litter.jpg (132.8 KB, 21 views)
__________________
David, Mary, and the cats
davidmurphy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:06 AM   #87
Senior Member
 
Upfisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Yarnell, Arizona
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Posts: 403
Send a message via Skype™ to Upfisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilola View Post
David, I suspect moving the litter box everytime you need to use the bath will get old fast. Looking forward to seeing the stairwell mod! The things we do for our furry friends, eh?
We are a 1 cat family in a 19'. The litter box placement has been a challenge, we did not do the bath door mod. We have moved the litter box many times, we've bought different size litter boxes. None is very fun. We finally settled on a 12" wide box, 20" long and about 18" high. It was a liquor stocking box for a grocery store. The top closes and we cut an opening into one end. It lives under the table, the 12" width allows it to fit between the table leg and the benchseat. Not ideal as we now can only fit 3 people at the table without moving the box.

We are waiting for any break throughs in placement, boxes, or new ideas from others in an Escape.
__________________
Myrl and Gary
Upfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:09 AM   #88
Senior Member
 
sclifrickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
We are a 1 cat family in a 19'. The litter box placement has been a challenge, we did not do the bath door mod. We have moved the litter box many times, we've bought different size litter boxes. None is very fun. We finally settled on a 12" wide box, 20" long and about 18" high. It was a liquor stocking box for a grocery store. The top closes and we cut an opening into one end. It lives under the table, the 12" width allows it to fit between the table leg and the benchseat. Not ideal as we now can only fit 3 people at the table without moving the box.



We are waiting for any break throughs in placement, boxes, or new ideas from others in an Escape.


For a 19, what about a cat door in place of the optional door at end of the bench, with litter box then inside p/s bench?
__________________
💩-p+☕️+n
sclifrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:10 AM   #89
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,084
Silly question from a dog owner, but can't you just have a cat go outside and pick it up like we do with our dog?
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:30 AM   #90
Senior Member
 
Upfisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Yarnell, Arizona
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Posts: 403
Send a message via Skype™ to Upfisk
2 answers:
The interior of the p/s bench seat is rather full. 8 pairs of shoes, 14 bottles of wine , 60 cans of cat food, and 2 bicycle helmets. We are traveling for 2 months.

Cats who are indoor cats are rather sensitive about where they go to eliminate waste. Our cat leash walks with no problem, she does deposit liquids when the surface she walks on meets her criteria of soft enough to dig. Solids are personal, and that does not happen in the open.
__________________
Myrl and Gary
Upfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:04 AM   #91
Senior Member
 
Hilola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Tehachapi, California
Trailer: none
Posts: 515
This thread got me thinking about this SNL clip. I'll warn you ahead of time that some may be offended. I just found it to be funny.


__________________
Greg
Formerly owned a 2007 24' HiLo/ 2003 Tahoe combo. Interested in the 5.0TA
Hilola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:30 AM   #92
Senior Member
 
Telescopist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsman View Post
We're on our way to Chilliwack today, Trademasters to install my Andersen hitch tomorrow and pick up our 5.0TA Wednesday. Then we begin our 4300 km trip back home. YIKES!
We live in Lancaster, PA and decided to take a round about route involving:
May 16th: Leave Lancaster around 6am. Go north cross over into Canada and stop in Killarney [666 miles].
May 17th skirt the Great Lakes and stay in Thunder Bay [685 miles]
May 18th Thunder Bay to Grand Rapids, MN to Bemidji, MN (walk over the headwater of the Mississippi River) to Grand Forks, ND to Minot, ND (sticking with Route 2 all the way) to Williston, ND [773 miles]
May 19th Williston, ND to Libby, MT [652 miles]
May 20th Libby, MT, to Chilliwack [474 miles]
May 21st Pickup trailer

Total distance @5,230 km.

Credit to EdColorado for the inspiration.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:41 AM   #93
Senior Member
 
marsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Trailer: Owner of 2019 5.0 TA
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
And we are right behind you! Sorry our schedules didn't line up. We pick up our 5.0 on Thursday. Although the three hour drive back to Bremerton, WA won't make us experts. So we are heading out to Greenland Beach State Park next week for a shake down trip.
Hi Arnie,

I'm also sorry we won't be hooking up, we have a really long trip back and have to be there no later than May 2nd (sounds like a lot of time but its not). I am certain we'll meet a lot of our Escape family in the time to come! Looking forward to all of our road adventures!

Was a bit sobering when I drove up to the Escape Industries office yesterday afternoon and saw the big pile of charred wood and tin sheeting, wow! It's amazing how close to the main showroom/office it is! Thank God the fire was contained quickly. All of the trailers that are finished or nearly so are lined up like a gorgeous marching band on the other side of the property, it's a beautiful site.

While we were waiting for Meagan we were checking out the custom? cover for the 5.0TA, it looks like from the picture on the box that it fits really snugly and even has a way to get into the door while it's installed? I'll look at it more closely tomorrow and take some pictures. It is $435 Cdn plus tax so the price seems quite reasonable.

We also spent some time in the display model (that's what happens when you're excited and cannot see your own), my wife was so impressed yet again at the myriad number of storage closets, nooks and hinged crannies, such a well thought out design with so much storage room in a compact floorplan!

Enjoy your new trailer and drive safely.

Mars
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:49 AM   #94
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Posts: 6,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post

Cats who are indoor cats are rather sensitive about where they go to eliminate waste. Our cat leash walks with no problem, she does deposit liquids when the surface she walks on meets her criteria of soft enough to dig. Solids are personal, and that does not happen in the open.
This forum is such an education. Who knew cats were so sensitive.

Glad I'm a dog lover. So much simpler.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 11:09 AM   #95
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Posts: 16,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
60 cans of cat food.

This is the source of the problem.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:35 PM   #96
Senior Member
 
davidmurphy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Austin, Texas
Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Posts: 1,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
2 answers:
The interior of the p/s bench seat is rather full. 8 pairs of shoes, 14 bottles of wine , 60 cans of cat food, and 2 bicycle helmets.
.
I noticed the 60 cans of cat food....but I am more impressed with the 14 bottles of wine
__________________
David, Mary, and the cats
davidmurphy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:43 PM   #97
Senior Member
 
sclifrickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
2 answers:
The interior of the p/s bench seat is rather full. 8 pairs of shoes, 14 bottles of wine , 60 cans of cat food, and 2 bicycle helmets. We are traveling for 2 months.

Do they have stores where you’re traveling? If so, you can buy some of those items as you go, as you likely do with fresh produce, versus carrying a full two month supply from the git go. Or maybe the catfood and wine allotment already is the requisite amount between grocery stops? Just brainstorming here to try to help you out.

We keep extra shoes in a tub under the bed, or in the back of the truck. Helmets too.
__________________
💩-p+☕️+n
sclifrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:45 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
davidmurphy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Austin, Texas
Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Posts: 1,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
Do they have stores where you’re traveling? If so, you can buy some of those items as you go, as you likely do with fresh produce, versus carrying a full two month supply from the git go. Or maybe the catfood and wine allotment already is the requisite amount between grocery stops? Just brainstorming here to try to help you out.
Cats can be very picky about having their regular food, and some kinds are not easy to find everywhere. And some people are probably particular about their wine. We cater to our cats....but will drink anything
__________________
David, Mary, and the cats
davidmurphy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:50 PM   #99
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 23,865
I know of a cat lover with a 17.5 Bigfoot. the litterbox is kept inside a storage area that has outside access via a hatch. The owner installed an inside pet door to allow the cat access to the storage area.
__________________
Jim
What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals....
Goethe
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:11 PM   #100
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Olympia wa, Washington
Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Posts: 2,116
the cover is not tight it is a bit too loose. i liked it work out very well ive only had it for one year.
__________________

Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×