Installing GoPower 1500 Inverter - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-03-2020, 06:35 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
Installing GoPower 1500 Inverter

We're adding this to our 19' Escape. Is it better to drill through the wall or the floor for the wires coming from the batteries? We are not knowledgeable about what's behind each of these and would just as soon not have any surprises. Our considerations: wall is more likely to be exposed to rain, floor can have water from driving. Does one location make more sense than another? If you already have a factory Escape installed inverter and wouldn't mind seeing where your lines come through, could you share? Thanks!
goturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 06:44 PM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
If I were running wires thru the shell I'd use cable glands.

Like these https://www.amazon.com/MGI-SpeedWare...081XSHCJL?th=1 You need to know the OD of the cables before you buy them.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:35 AM   #3

Trailer: , Bigfoot 25B25RT, previously 2019 Escape 21, and Castia sd17
Quote:
Originally Posted by goturner View Post
We're adding this to our 19' Escape. Is it better to drill through the wall or the floor for the wires coming from the batteries? We are not knowledgeable about what's behind each of these and would just as soon not have any surprises. Our considerations: wall is more likely to be exposed to rain, floor can have water from driving. Does one location make more sense than another? If you already have a factory Escape installed inverter and wouldn't mind seeing where your lines come through, could you share? Thanks!
I installed a Go power 1500 inverter after the fact on my 21. I am not any help on drilling the shell as the battery's in the 21 are inside. I wanted to share that I installed a transfer switch and wired my system so that all of the plugs work either from shore power or the Inverter. When I was researching this install I contacted ETI, they said that power to all the plugs could not be done after the fact. This is not the case, I bought a double breaker, transfer switch, and 12/2 wiring for the conections.
buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:17 AM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by goturner View Post
I would upgrade the existing wires to the battery from their current route making the holes larger if necessary. Inside the trailer add a Power Distribution Block, and run your interior wires from there.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:45 AM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Either way works. I prefer the cable coming up through the floor just beside the 7 pin connector box.

Coming through the front only involves drilling through f.g. Easy to do, use a packing gland or seal well with caulking.

Coming up from underneath involves drilling through the f.g. and the plywood. Again easy to do. Again, seal well with caulking from the bottom.

Take your pick.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote