Last minute picks Light strip / keyless / Backup cam - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-13-2020, 08:23 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape #2 On The Way
Last minute picks Light strip / keyless / Backup cam

Hi all, coupe quick questions hoping to get answered and can't really find the info.

The Keyless RV lock that ETI uses, is it the brand RVLock? The lock that is supplied by Escape for 180, does it include a key fob or 2?

The awning light strip, Are peeps generally happy with it? I know many escapers have added after the fact and can be done later but I don't want to be drilling holes in my new trailer.

The back up camera supplied by escape. would like some general thoughts on it, Is it a decent one? Is it totally set up by escape at pick up? or do you do it yourself at pick up?

I've done a prelim search and could find much on it.
Thank you
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 08:45 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I use the awning light al the time, it is adjustable high to low and is up high. I had the other light mounted low to the step to illuminate it at night. Other items I know nothing about.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:53 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Sorry, can only speak to the rear view camera. Not much to setup - plug the in-vehicle monitor into 12v power port and hit the ON button. Has some zoom/pan ability which so far has been very adequate for our needs backing into spots and storage facility. Camera works well in both day/night conditions. Can also be useful for monitoring traffic behind the trailer when on the road if your mirrors do not provide full coverage. If you are not excited about drilling holes in your trailer for awning lights you wont want to do the same for a rear camera.
LRCURTIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:02 PM   #4

Thanks so much to you both. Exactly the info I’m looking for.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:16 PM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Bigfoot 25RQ
I have the awning light strip and the back up camera.

I love having the back up camera much more than I thought I would. It is very handy going down the road. if you find it necessary to pass someone, it lets you know when it’s safe to pull back into the slow lane when you’ve gotten by. Very handy item.

I also really enjoy having the light strip. It’s adjustable from bright light to dim.

I don’t have any experience with the new lock.
Porterville, CA
Sandyb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 08:55 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape 21 2019
Use back up camera to see traffic behind the trailer.
Works great and would buy again
Also have dimmer on awning too! Also love it!!
Good luck!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 12:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Use back up camera to see traffic behind the trailer.
Works great and would buy again
Also have dimmer on awning too! Also love it!!
Good luck!
Thanks, going to go for the camera, still undecided about the lights. I guess if the lights burn out, it’d be an easy replacement if it’s already wired.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:40 PM   #8
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes99 View Post
The back up camera supplied by escape. would like some general thoughts on it, Is it a decent one? Is it totally set up by escape at pick up? or do you do it yourself at pick up?
I hope the following information helps in your decision. When we ordered our trailer in Jan2020, I asked for details on the backup camera so I could do some research on it.

The camera is a Furrion FOS05TASF which is, according to everything I've found on Furrion's website along with YouTube install related videos (not company videos), this model is reportedly a higher end product providing good performance.

As well, it is expandable with a total of 4 screen slots being available on the in cab screen. You can add 3 additional cameras to the current setup with this model camera. 2 cameras are available that you can wire into the marker light on each SIDE of the trailer, and if you were really OCD, a 3rd camera over the front of the trailer looking at the backend/hitch of your tow vehicle.

The side mounted/marker light/camera combination is apparently almost 'plug and play' for someone with some experience with trailer wiring. Or you could get a local company to do it for you.

Our trailer was scheduled for completion May7th, but it looks like it's been pushed back about 2.5 weeks due to this CCP virus. Since it appears unlikely that we'll be using it anywhere outside of our driveway for a while, adding the supplementary cameras may well be part of the 'mods' I'll be completing as my wife and I continue with this social distancing.

Bottom Line - I'd suggest that you go for it - visibility is something you'll wish you had when you don't have it.
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 04:03 PM   #9

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
I need to say thank you to people here. When i heard this talk of keyless entry, I realized I did not get that option. It was introduced a week after we finished our build sheet.

I called Melisa and she was able to add it Today. Great last minute catch. Thanks guys!
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 04:16 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes99 View Post
Hi all, coupe quick questions hoping to get answered and can't really find the info.

The Keyless RV lock that ETI uses, is it the brand RVLock? The lock that is supplied by Escape for 180, does it include a key fob or 2?

The awning light strip, Are peeps generally happy with it? I know many escapers have added after the fact and can be done later but I don't want to be drilling holes in my new trailer.

I've done a prelim search and could find much on it.
Thank you
I have the awning light and love it. You can dim it down so it is just enough to get around without bumping into things and you can bring it all the way up for reading or dinner or anywhere in between. I even prefer to leave it on low in a dark camping spot instead of the regular light by the door.
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote