Mirror cabinet door? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-05-2022, 08:40 PM   #1

Trailer: waiting 21C
Mirror cabinet door?

I've searched here and also in all the build option sheets, in the E19 Virtual tour it looks like a cabinet door has a mirror on it. Is this an available option, and if so, where is it documented and what cabinets can have it? I think I want the extra, tall wardrobe cabinet in my upcoming E21C (next to the bed) and it seems ideal to have a mirror there.
Attached Thumbnails
mirror.jpg  
Mudhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 09:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
You are correct that the wardrobe door of the 19 has a mirror. This was standard in 2018 and I believe it still is. I can only imagine that the wardrobe door on every Escape has a mirror.
I doubt they will do it on any other doors.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 09:15 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I don't know if it's an option but it's easy to install a mirror on any cabinet door. My wife didn't want one on the exterior side so I installed one on the smaller door. It's an central easy access area. Double backed tape probably would have been fine but, hey, it's inside a bouncing trailer so I added redundant clips.

Two options; use a real glass mirror. The door hinges aren't the strongest. If using a full length mirror on the long door I'd add a central 3rd hinge. The factory hinges aren't the strongest.

A light weight plastic mirror can be used. Easy to cut to size and less weight on the door hinges.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0026_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 09:17 PM   #4

Trailer: waiting 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I don't know if it's an option but it's easy to install a mirror on any cabinet door. My wife didn't want one on the exterior side so I installed one on the smaller door. It's an central easy access area. Double backed tape probably would have been fine but, hey, it's inside a bouncing trailer so I added redundant clips.

Two options; use a real glass mirror. The door hinges aren't the strongest. If using a full length mirror on the long door I'd add a central 3rd hinge. The factory hinges aren't the strongest.

A light weight plastic mirror can be used. Easy to cut to size and less weight on the door hinges.

Ron

Yeah, the available longer wardrobe doors on the 21C don't look as tall and narrow as the 19. I think if anything should go on the outside, a magnetic dry erase board would be even more useful.
Mudhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 09:23 PM   #5

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
I can only imagine that the wardrobe door on every Escape has a mirror.
Actually if I’m not mistaken the mirror on the wardrobe door is only on the 19 and 21NE.
Old 01-05-2022, 09:26 PM   #6

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhiker View Post
I've searched here and also in all the build option sheets, in the E19 Virtual tour it looks like a cabinet door has a mirror on it. Is this an available option, and if so, where is it documented and what cabinets can have it? I think I want the extra, tall wardrobe cabinet in my upcoming E21C (next to the bed) and it seems ideal to have a mirror there.
Check with Escape. The mirrors are standard on that particular door in the 19 and 21NE. I don’t think there are options on others cabinets or on other models.
Old 01-05-2022, 09:28 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Mine is a plexiglass mirror, attached with double sided tape to the inside of the bath door. It's been there, without incident, for more than a decade.

Keep in mind that you need light to illuminate the user or the mirror is of no use.
Attached Thumbnails
mirror.jpg  
Old 01-06-2022, 01:06 PM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
No cabinet door mirror (on either cabinet (I have the cabinet over the drawer stack) in my 2017 21C.
Old 01-06-2022, 01:29 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Mine is a plexiglass mirror, attached with double sided tape to the inside of the bath door. It's been there, without incident, for more than a decade.

Keep in mind that you need light to illuminate the user or the mirror is of no use.
And installing a mirror on a door, especially the lighter plexiglass ones, the frame supports it so the tape has even an easier job to do.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote