recommendations for campgrounds in Yellowstone & Glacier National Parks - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-29-2017, 04:06 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 escape trailer 21'
recommendations for campgrounds in Yellowstone & Glacier National Parks

We are planning a trip June/July to include Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks. Does anyone have recommendations for the campgrounds within the parks? We've also considered while at Glacier to drive into Canada to Waterton. During our trip home from Chilliwack (after picking up our 21') we stopped at Glacier for 1 night & stay at Many Glacier because it was only one open then. At Yellowstone we have read recommendations fro Canyon Campground but then have also read that it is more difficult to negotiate with a camper. Would appreciate any suggestions from those who have visited those areas.
whitepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:48 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
We are also planning to spend time in Yellowstone this summer. We were in Canyon and Madison and Mammoth many years ago and enjoyed all three. I believe Mammoth is first come first served but I know you need reservations for Madison and I think Canyon too, but I'm not sure. Madison and Canyon are more centrally located. Mammoth is close to the Boiling River (hot springs) and we thought it was very scenic, with the wildlife coming through the campground.

A friend recently mentioned that they stayed in Slough Creek and Pebble Creek campgrounds, which are one of the last ones to fill up -- they had no problem getting in (first come) in the morning -- although I'd advise getting there really early. These two are in the eastern part of the park -- lots of wildlife viewing and less crowded but further from the geysers

In Glacier we were briefly in ST. Mary's -- that is convenient, but the part of the campground we would have preferred -- by the river -- was flooded out -- we got to Many Glacier (where you've already been) and stayed there a about a week. It's hard to get into but worth the effort.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:59 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
If you want full hook up inside Yellowstone, there's only one - Fishing Bridge. Reservations only and they usually fill the reservation calendar early. We reserve in January for a July trip.
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote