5.0 modifications - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2019, 11:00 AM   #21

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA towed with a 2017 GMC Canyon V6
We use a small electric heater when on shore power (it's going now) and it's in the way. So I like the idea of hiding it. Do you run it while it's tucked in its cubby? Did you consider installing a flush mounted electric heater?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korker View Post
A couple more modifications that I have been busy with. Velcro seems to be pretty handy around the trailer for cords and stuff but it also worked good to strap the tv to the wall when not in use, which seems to be pretty much all he time! ..... We used to unload the medicine cabinet and throw it in a bag for traveling but the Velcro was a simple fix for that, back out the screws and putting it through the Velcro and back again. ....We use a little electric heater when we are using shore power, no matter where it got put it always ended up being in the way, the space under fridge had just the carbon monoxide sensor so I relocated it under the plug in the seat and made this little spot for it, it would be great to put it on a thermostat but will save that for another day.. Creatied a little shelf in the bath with some 1/4 inch stainless steel rod and some pieces of plastic that are attached with a few dabs of silicone chalking. ....The cabinet doors above the sink and stove were really small but have a pretty large space inside them, it’s a bit of work enlarging the opening but makes the so much easier to use. ( Opps, I wasn’t paying attention to the fact that all the other door have the grain running vertical ). I was surprised the little door lift was up to the task of supporting the larger doors ..... We also put the led ribbon lights up under the cabinets of the bed and table cabinets that’s hidden behind a little piece of trim, it is a nice suttle light in the evening, no pictures yet.
jkordzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:54 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
I do run it in the cubby and it works fine, there is plenty of space around it for air to circulate. I have had the heater for a while and got annoyed with trying to find a place where it wasn’t in the way ( there isn’t one). A surface mount would be a better solution and I will be looking in to that when this one gives out. Someone added a toe kick that looked nice in the bottom stair storage, but that’s our favorite spot for shoes!
Korker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:45 PM   #23

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Jim B's toe kick heater is in the bottom step, very neat setup. He had to custom build the step as the step needs to be a bit bigger then standard.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:49 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I had planned on installing one of these in the wall closet up in the berth area https://www.amazon.com/Broan-174-Hea...gateway&sr=8-8
but decided to get the E21 and install under the bed, that way it will heat the bathroom also.