E19 New, bigger/deeper sink project - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2023, 05:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 E19
E19 New, bigger/deeper sink project

2022 E19 with the flush mount stove / oven.

The stock small/shallow sink just doesn't work for us - so out it goes!

After seeing numerous similar projects on the FB Escape pages, I chose this stainless Valisy 15Wx20Lx9D sink as the 17" wide units were just to wide for my configuration:
https://www.amazon.com/VALISY-Stainl..._d_product_top

Old sink came out easy, no silicone under the edge, just 4 mounting clips and a "foam" gasket adhered to the bottom edge.

Rough layout of new sink. The exterior of the blue tape matches the outside edge of the new sink (15x20). I wanted to push the sink all the way up against the stainless backsplash, but due to the original sink cut out, that will not work. The new cutout will be approx. 14x17, as the faucet flange area will sit on the counter rather than trying to get a jigsaw up against the exterior wall. I removed the 2 mounting clips that came on the new sink along that edge. They popped right off with a large flathead screwdriver and a hammer.

I'll still have around 5 /12" of space between the sink edge and the stovetop, versus around 6 3/4" with the original sink. I'll lose a few inches of storage height under the sink, but the new sink drain is set back about 4" closer to the exterior wall than the original. I also may run the drain a bit different than a direct shot to the Hepvo in the front left of the cabinet.

More to come in the next few days..............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old.jpg (180.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg new sink cut outline.jpg (192.8 KB, 29 views)
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote