If You Could Design My new Trailer and Pick My Options...... - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #61

Re: If You Could Design My new Trailer and Pick My Options......

Well.... Our first trip to Camping World was expensive! So many ideas and suggestions made it into my buggy (2 buggies actually) Production starts late October so I keep tweaking the options and modififications. Still hung up on the front dinette tabe - posts or hinges....
So far you folks have helped me spend over $6 k in extras and gear. So much fun.. Our 19 is going to be awesome.
The more technical suggestions (eg indicator lights on furnace switches etc.) are most appreciated.
Question: does anyone have both Solar and Generator? If so what has been your usage experience for the generator. I'm planning to have both but uncertain if I am wasting money. We will boondock most of the time. Pacific Northwest.
Dog as Navigator
DonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #62

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th

We have solar and a honda 2000i generator. To be fair we have had the generator long before we had solar. Before the solar the generator was the back up if our batteries were too weak to run the power thirsty furnace in our old trailer, now the generator is mostly use for my wifes hair dryer and curling iron ( yes apparntly a needed even when camping ) I prefer a hat!! I don't know that i would spend the money on the generator if we already had the solar but still really glad we have it.
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #63

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B

Truly, unless you are using vast amounts of power (I too am in the "hat" camp) -- unless you want television and plan to camp in rainy situations for a week straight (I guess possible in the PNW?) -- I can't see why you'd need a generator on top of solar. Honest. I'm a newbie tho, so perhaps naive?
medora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #64

And another question. Trailer Covers. CW has a cover on sale. Has anyone bought and used the 20ft cover? Fit and usefulness? Thinking about tire covers as well. We are parked in storage 4-6 months a year.
Dog as Navigator
Old 09-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #65

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM
And another question. Trailer Covers. CW has a cover on sale. Has anyone bought and used the 20ft cover? Fit and usefulness? Thinking about tire covers as well. We are parked in storage 4-6 months a year.
I'd wait for the cover, they are always available on line @Ebay, custom made for the Escape, less than $200
Old 09-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #66

Trailer: No more Escape 21

I bought a CW cover last year while they were on sale. It covers the entire trailer including the front storage box, propane and even the tires. It's a generic cover and does its job of keeping the trailer clean of tree and bird droppings.

Rick
Old 09-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #67

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape

We have the tire covers- just bought them at meridian..
Nice to keep the sun off the tires--and the spray of neighbour cats!
Old 09-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #68

Custom Escape Cover - EBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deluxe-Escap...item231652cfb6

$150

Thanks! Another Forum contribution hits my wallet.
Dog as Navigator
Old 09-28-2012, 06:41 AM   #69

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19

I see you found it, that is the one I bought. I have purchased from them for another "Egg" which was sold with the cover. I was quite pleased with the product.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #70

Quote:

$150

Thanks! Another Forum contribution hits my wallet.
Check the feedback on this ebayer first. Apparently the cover has been less than delightful to some folks.
Dave
Old 10-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #71

Brought home another load of new gear today. It is like stocking a new apartment.
Most proud of our new Dickenson SS Grill. What a beautifully made BBQ.
BTW - Spent 2 hours or more on the phone last night with Rease on our mods and various questions. What an amazing customer experience working with Rease and Tammy.
We go into gestation in under two weeks so getting our decisions firmed up.
I will provide you all a detailed list of what we have chosen to do / buy / modify as a direct result of this Forum's great input. Trust me - you spent my money.... :
Dog as Navigator
Old 10-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #72

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Quote:
Brought home another load of new gear today. It is like stocking a new apartment.
BTW - Spent 2 hours or more on the phone last night with Rease on our mods and various questions. What an amazing customer experience working with Rease and Tammy.
I will provide you all a detailed list of what we have chosen to do / buy / modify as a direct result of this Forum's great input. Trust me - you spent my money.... :
Great BBQ,eh? Which model did you get? Our Spitfire has gotten a ton of use this year, and it really shows. Not as shiny as new, but working just great. Just love using it.

It sure is nice to get great service from a manufacturer. Heck, they are great to party with too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #73

Bought the same - Spitfire. A design beauty.

Have you tried "Bartenders Friend" as a cleaner. We use it on all SS and it is very good. Powder or cream. Cheap. Worth looking for.
Dog as Navigator
Old 10-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #74

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett
Quote:
Great BBQ,eh? Which model did you get? Our Spitfire has gotten a ton of use this year, and it really shows. Not as shiny as new, but working just great. Just love using it.

It sure is nice to get great service from a manufacturer. Heck, they are great to party with too.
We will also be soon looking at purchasing a more compact grill to accompany our new Escape 19. I have been browsing the various grill options available and the Dickenson Spitfire does stand out, although there seems to be a huge variation of prices depending on where you look. Would you be willing to share the prices that you guys paid for yours and where you got them?

regards
dave

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #75

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Don, thanks for the suggestion, I have heard reference to it before, and will look into it.

Dave, I bought direct from Dickinson and got a better deal than even the best I could find elsewhere, listed from $280 to $400. They did ask that I keep the pricing I worked out with them confidential, likely to not compete directly with their other resellers. I will send you a PM.

I have to say that now that I have a BBQ set up with the low pressure quick connect that Escape installed, I absolutely love it. It is very quick to get set up and works well. I bought all the fittings and hoses locally and just got the low pressure adapter from them, along with the Aussie Griddle and the BBQ.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #76

Quote:
Don, thanks for the suggestion, I have heard reference to it before, and will look into it.

Dave, I bought direct from Dickinson and got a better deal than even the best I could find elsewhere, listed from $280 to $400. They did ask that I keep the pricing I worked out with them confidential, likely to not compete directly with their other resellers. I will send you a PM.

I have to say that now that I have a BBQ set up with the low pressure quick connect that Escape installed, I absolutely love it. It is very quick to get set up and works well. I bought all the fittings and hoses locally and just got the low pressure adapter from them, along with the Aussie Griddle and the BBQ.
I bought the same. Not much more than a Webber.
Dog as Navigator
Old 10-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #77

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B

Quote:
Quote:

I bought the same. Not much more than a Webber.
Thanks guys. Jim I got your PM, thanks.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:52 PM   #78

Trailer: 2009 17B - Escape Pod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garand
Quote:

$150

I ordered this cover (for the 17' about $70.00, $110.00 delivered)and just put it on today. It seems to be made of the same material as the cover we got from Escape when we bought the tailer, which was good, but only lasted two extreme Alberta winters, plus one more with duct tape! This one cost a lot less! Our previous cover ripped from the weight of the snow over the TV antennae, and seemed to be eaten by squirrels as well! Even if I have to buy a new cover every few years, it will be worth it, as already I have stains on my roof from wet leaves.
Check the feedback on this ebayer first. Apparently the cover has been less than delightful to some folks.
Dave
ddevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:13 AM   #79

I bought the Camping World cover on sale. Should be fine for Vancouver climate. Cost a little more but easy to warranty / return.
Bought the wheel coves too :
Dog as Navigator
Old 10-15-2012, 05:02 AM   #80

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4

Hi: DonM... Does this mean you can start some under cover work Did you pick up a supply of DryZAir www.dryzair.com to remove excess moisture from inside the trailer while in storage I've always thought the best place to store a fiberglass trailer is under a palm tree somewhere down south. Just make sure it's not a "Coconut Palm"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote