Let's see your trailer pillows! - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-09-2017, 12:25 PM   #81

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Tell me about it! I didn't use all the kitty themed fabric for the pillow covers I made, so I keep looking at the pile thinking I need to make some more. I keep telling myself I need to do other stuff first, since I already have a bunch in the trailer. I know once I start making some more, I won't want to stop. And then I'll want to hit the fabric store looking for more cat fabric. It just never ends!

At least the pillow covers can be stored flat so they don't take up too much room, unlike many other things we collect/horde.
Take all your bits and pieces and make a Cat Quilt and a cat throw. You can never have too many quilts!!! (Although my husband is quick to remind me you can have too many pillows.)
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:54 PM   #82

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13'
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Teresa, I got to see the outside at the rally, but missed the inside viewing... some guy camped near you was telling me endless stories....
Another time at another rally! The secret is to approach the Boler from the opposite side of the campground loop.
Teresa M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:36 PM   #83

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
Take all your bits and pieces and make a Cat Quilt and a cat throw. You can never have too many quilts!!! (Although my husband is quick to remind me you can have too many pillows.)
Yeah, I've thought about it. I've got enough blankets for the trailer (I think!) due to gifts from friends. I'll find out when I take it out for the first time on March 12th, which is when I'm heading east of here to get 2 day lessons (4 hours each day) on handling the trailer, and especially in backing it up.

So, I'm looking forward to it with both awe, excitement and trepidation.

And to keep it on topic, I'm hauling ALL the pillows with me! I also gotta see if they survive the drive by staying on the dinette or if I'll find 'em all over the floor when I get there.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:09 PM   #84

Trailer: 2018 19'
I will have the standard motif in new trailer. Thoughts on punching up accessories colors such as pillows to go with that brown backdrop? Aqua, orange, teal pillows?
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:18 PM   #85

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
I will have the standard motif in new trailer. Thoughts on punching up accessories colors such as pillows to go with that brown backdrop? Aqua, orange, teal pillows?
The only color, other than the neutrals, that I can see--and that I pulled out--of the standard upholstery was sort of an olive green. But then, I'm one who prefers to live with muted colors.
Attached Thumbnails
Egbert-004.jpg  
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:25 PM   #86

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
The only color, other than the neutrals, that I can see--and that I pulled out--of the standard upholstery was sort of an olive green. But then, I'm one who prefers to live with muted colors.
I like it Karen!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:08 PM   #87

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Looks good to me too, Karen.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:39 PM   #88

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Clean. No clutter.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:46 PM   #89

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Clean. No clutter.
Thank you, guys. Yeah, I've been accused of being a little OCD about that issue. But then nobody ever sees the table in the morning with maps and books spread all over as I plot my course for the day. Gotta have my maps!
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:44 PM   #90

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Oh my gosh - you can go wild! If you don't already have a sample of their fabric, ask ETI for one. Then head to a store and start looking around. Fabric stores if you're gonna make 'em yourself (I made them using the envelope style - google it and you'll find lots of links and videos on how to make 'em if you don't already know how). Or upholstery stores if you don't want to sew them yourself. They can make 'em for you from your fabric selections. Or any store that sells pillows.

Now, I'd say aqua and teal as I love those colors, but I'd nix orange as I'm not too fond of that color (or olive - HA to you Karen! ). But, it's your trailer and your pillows, so get what YOU like.

Have fun picking 'em out and be sure to post a photo or two on this thread when you get 'em in the trailer.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:44 PM   #91

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
I will barely sew anything that needs sewing much less make pillow covers. I bought these big covers many years ago in Indonesia and finally have a good use for them. The back sides are a plain blue/green which I like. They are great to lean up against in bed. The bed is the most comfortable place in our Escape to read especially with these pillows. The little one I bought in California, handmade (painted I believe!) by somebody but not me!

Our Sunbrella is actually a very dark gray with pinstripes but can't be seen in photos.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:23 AM   #92

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
I will barely sew anything that needs sewing much less make pillow covers. I bought these big covers many years ago in Indonesia and finally have a good use for them. The back sides are a plain blue/green which I like. They are great to lean up against in bed. The bed is the most comfortable place in our Escape to read especially with these pillows. The little one I bought in California, handmade (painted I believe!) by somebody but not me!

Our Sunbrella is actually a very dark gray with pinstripes but can't be seen in photos.
Hi Cathy . Very restful looking dinette . Love the little pillow . Right about the bed being the most comfortable . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:27 AM   #93

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hi Cathy . Very restful looking dinette . Love the little pillow . Right about the bed being the most comfortable . Pat
Thank you, Pat! Yes, the bed is definitely our comfy place.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:32 AM   #94

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Thank you, Pat! Yes, the bed is definitely our comfy place.
Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:18 AM   #95

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
You could add some great accent. Escape's standard colours are quite nice, they have taken into account the fixed colours of the cabinets and wall material when choosing.

I love the orange idea, as warm colours to me make it comfy, and would go with the stock colours, I would think. Aqua and teal could be nice too, if they coordinate with the existing colours.

I would hold off until you get the trailer, and then you could carry a cushion into a fabric store to put against other fabrics to know what works for you. In fact, this is what we will be doing before we actually get to use our trailer this spring.

We are going to keep it simple, with two large pillows to use as backrests while lounging. Something back width and shoulder height. Too many pillows to us just looks messy, and what do you do with them when you actually want to sit?

Everyone has their own taste. We much prefer coordinated comfy colours that look relaxing, wanting it to feel like home. We are not into loud colours that scream at you. Too each there own, though.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:12 AM   #96

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
We only have 2 deep purple pillows we use with the standard fabric. This is the only picture I have of them and its kind of bad. That's about as wild as I can take. I asked if we were getting new pillows for the new camper and was told we already have pillows. I may want to try some of those corner pillows I have seen people have since we have the u-shape dinette now.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9628.jpg  
Old 02-10-2017, 08:48 AM   #97

Quote:

Yep, can't see those pinstripes! Hey, nothing says you have to sew the pillows yourself! Plenty of us keep businesses going by buying what they create.

I like sitting on my dinette, with one filler board in, for reading. Very cozy. I look forward to having a view when doing so, instead of our ratty shed or the neighbor's ratty fence.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:49 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
We only have 2 deep purple pillows we use with the standard fabric. This is the only picture I have of them and its kind of bad. That's about as wild as I can take. I asked if we were getting new pillows for the new camper and was told we already have pillows. I may want to try some of those corner pillows I have seen people have since we have the u-shape dinette now.
Oooo, gotta take a new photo when you get the new trailer!
Old 02-10-2017, 08:53 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I'm really glad I sewed all the pillow covers that I did. I've spent some time in the trailer, getting a feel for it, as well as reading on the dinette. I have a super supportive pillow behind me from Select Comfort and I also pile some of the other pillows around me as support for my arms, while holding an actual book in my hands. I can also put a pillow or two (depending on their size) on my lap to lay a hardback book on, if I want. And then toss some polar fleece blankets over me and Lucy (hey, it's been cold out!) and I'm good to go.

Yep, very cozy!
Old 02-10-2017, 10:44 AM   #100

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Laura,
LOVE your new summertime quilt set !
We won't have our 21 until August, but here is a photo our duvet bed covering, along with the fabrics we chose for our dinette cushions, valance and throw pillows. We ordered the duvet cover in a queen size and cut its width a bit in order for it to fit better and give us some extra material for making throw pillows.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4870.jpg   IMG_4872.jpg  
Nrgtic4 is offline   Reply With Quote