Patandlinda Escape 19 modifications - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2017, 09:24 AM   #121
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Mine has screen material that's a little larger than the exhaust, as in the drawing. That's why I covered the screen around the exhaust with some pvc. If there's a new insert I would prefer that. Thanks again for the info.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:35 AM   #122

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Mine has screen material that's a little larger than the exhaust, as in the drawing. That's why I covered the screen around the exhaust with some pvc. If there's a new insert I would prefer that. Thanks again for the info.
Maybe we have the same vent then. The opening in the removable internal area might be a little larger than the exhaust outlet, but not much. I was referring to the whole louvered area of the vent being open. Does yours look like the one that FOP shows on this page? This is the one I have.
Fabulous Operating Products | Home

as opposed to this fully open looking one on this page
www.rvvent.com/images/sam1details.jpg

and the one on this page I found looks different from those above
www.fabulousoperatingproducts.com/product-page
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:11 AM   #123

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Maybe we have the same vent then. The opening in the removable internal area might be a little larger than the exhaust outlet, but not much. I was referring to the whole louvered area of the vent being open. Does yours look like the one that FOP shows on this page? This is the one I have.
Fabulous Operating Products | Home

as opposed to this fully open looking one on this page
www.rvvent.com/images/sam1details.jpg

and the one on this page I found looks different from those above
www.fabulousoperatingproducts.com/product-page
Dave, Robert ,Wow what customer service ! I made a call this morning with the cell number Larry gave me and he will send out the new vent that only opens at the exhaust . Robert the one's we have are a couple years old . He redid the vents . What a excellent company . I called and left a message and within 15 min , Larry called me back . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:15 AM   #124
Site Team

Mine is different than the pictures from the website. It's not screen except for the center area - the rest is solid. But the screen area is larger than the exhaust port. So Dave, are you saying that the screen area on yours is even smaller than that?
Old 07-05-2017, 10:55 AM   #125

Quote:
Mine is different than the pictures from the website. It's not screen except for the center area - the rest is solid. But the screen area is larger than the exhaust port. So Dave, are you saying that the screen area on yours is even smaller than that?
Robert, I have the one in the first link I provided above. Based on your description we have the same vent. The screened opening is slightly larger than the exhaust outlet on the SAM-1 because I remember coloring the edges black with permanent marker of the shiny metal HVAC tape I put in as a backing for good measure. The rest of the vent still looks louvered but is solid plastic behind it.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:00 AM   #126
Site Team

Quote:
Robert, I have the one in the first link I provided above. Based on your description we have the same vent. The screened opening is slightly larger than the exhaust outlet on the SAM-1 because I remember coloring the edges black with permanent marker of the shiny metal HVAC tape I put in as a backing for good measure. The rest of the vent still looks louvered but is solid plastic behind it.
Ok, that's what I thought. You used HVAC tape on the area around the exhaust, I used some pvc. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:11 PM   #127

Quote:
Glad you got it going. It's a mod that is definitely worth the work.
Took a few pictures of the install . Haven't done the caulking yet . there are sending new gasket as mine torn a piece off even though I used a awl to punch a hole before I installed . I didn't use the electrical cover in the kit . I fabricated the stainless electrical cover from the original Heng's . Absolutely love the light ! Very easy install except for the explanation of the electrical wiring . Finally from Dave's wiring diagram which is now on the Escape forum files , was able to follow and wire up to trailer . Because our trailer walls are thinner then a regular RV , did have to do some cutting of the exhaust and the outside vent cover to fit . Also cut a opening in the stainless for the outlet vent. Very easy to do , with a dremel . Sorry didn't take any pictures as I was doing the install . It was too hot and just needed to keep moving along . Very nice upgrade and well worth it. Pat
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0001.jpg   DSC_0003 2.jpg   DSC_0004.jpg   DSC_0006.jpg  
Old 07-05-2017, 12:48 PM   #128
Site Team

Looking good Pat. Have you stood outside under the vent with the fan on high? it REALLY moves some air - and quietly.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:36 PM   #129

Quote:
Looking good Pat. Have you stood outside under the vent with the fan on high? it REALLY moves some air - and quietly.
Yes I sure did ! Pat
Old 07-05-2017, 02:39 PM   #130

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Hair dryer in a pinch?
Old 07-05-2017, 02:45 PM   #131

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Hair dryer in a pinch?
For best effect use as hair dryer while frying bacon inside.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:19 PM   #132
Site Team

Hmm...bacon scented hair? Why not, they say bacon goes with anything.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:19 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Took a few pictures of the install . Haven't done the caulking yet . there are sending new gasket as mine torn a piece off even though I used a awl to punch a hole before I installed . I didn't use the electrical cover in the kit . I fabricated the stainless electrical cover from the original Heng's . Absolutely love the light ! Very easy install except for the explanation of the electrical wiring . Finally from Dave's wiring diagram which is now on the Escape forum files , was able to follow and wire up to trailer . Because our trailer walls are thinner then a regular RV , did have to do some cutting of the exhaust and the outside vent cover to fit . Also cut a opening in the stainless for the outlet vent. Very easy to do , with a dremel . Sorry didn't take any pictures as I was doing the install . It was too hot and just needed to keep moving along . Very nice upgrade and well worth it. Pat
Pat: Glad the wiring diagram helped. Pretty simple once you understand it is simply 12V power to the top side of the switches, black lead powering light, red lead powering fan and white as ground. Unless you did a really clean job blocking off the open part of the outside vent with white backing it looks we have the same vent. It will be interesting to see if what Larry sends you is different then what you have now.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:34 PM   #134

Quote:
Pat: Glad the wiring diagram helped. Pretty simple once you understand it is simply 12V power to the top side of the switches, black lead powering light, red lead powering fan and white as ground. Unless you did a really clean job blocking off the open part of the outside vent with white backing it looks we have the same vent. It will be interesting to see if what Larry sends you is different then what you have now.
It sure did Dave . It's Ok I need the gasket anyway . If it is the same I think I will do what Robert did and surround the outlet with PVC . I do very little electrical , can't wrap my head around it ,unless I have clear instructions or I remove and replace the same electrical .Thankyou again I was getting frustrated until you came to the rescue . Pat
Old 07-05-2017, 11:01 PM   #135

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Good for you getting that done! It even looks good on the outside.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:26 PM   #136

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Now you can go out and use the trailer again, huh? Escape the heat at your place and head to the coast.

Can't wait to see it in person. Oh yeah, I will have to wait.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:25 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Good for you getting that done! It even looks good on the outside.
Thankyou Cathy ! I couldn't do it alone ! It was a team effort ! Pat
Old 07-06-2017, 01:32 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Now you can go out and use the trailer again, huh? Escape the heat at your place and head to the coast.

Can't wait to see it in person. Oh yeah, I will have to wait.
Thankyou Laura ! Yup we need a break ! The mind still works but the body is not cooperating at all yup you have to wait . Looking at the material . What do you do when there are so many choices ? Pat
Old 07-06-2017, 10:43 AM   #139

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Looking at the material . What do you do when there are so many choices ? Pat
HA! Have fun! Get lots of samples and see how they look in your trailer. And I only told you about one place. Do a google search for upholstery fabric and you'll find lots more. Here's one with some ocean themes (not sure if you'd want it in the trailer, although it does say for indoor cushions, it's not Sunbrella):

Ocean fabric from Brick House Fabric: Novelty Fabric

These folks will custom print any pattern from their bazillion choices on to a wide variety of materials. They don't have upholstery, but they do have some canvas and other fabrics. (Don't let Linda see they have a lot of Shih Tzu choices!) They're not cheap, but it's great fun to look through their site.

https://www.spoonflower.com/

Here's a place that has multiple brands for outdoor fabric (I've not looked at their information, but saw lots of ocean themes):

Outdoor Fabric by the Yard - housefabric.com

When we were looking around for fabric there was this site that had lots and lots of different fabrics and many of them would be superimposed on a couch so you could see what it looked like being used. Unfortunately I don't have their link any longer nor will I ever remember their name. I've long since tossed all the samples I got from them and a few other places. I tried doing a search by "horse upholstery fabric" as at one time I was thinking of going with that theme for the trailer. Couldn't find it just now.

Have fun and good luck!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:09 AM   #140

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I used Spoonflower's Eco Canvas for my camping banner- amazingly nicely printed, vibrant colors, looks like great fabric (but not as water resistant as some, I'm sure.)
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote