Simple Audio System? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-06-2023, 01:36 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Don't watch TV when on the road camping, do listen to music at times, using a bluetooth speaker (or ear buds) and my phone w/ Spotify or whatever.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 09:20 AM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
We use a Bluetooth transmitter on our TV like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Tra...6002106&sr=8-6
We use this speaker:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The system works great and is very portable.
I just ordered these two gizmos; thanks for the links!

Really interested in the Roku soundbar that kinser913 describes, but I needed a portable bluetooth speaker that will connect to my old MacBook Air, and Hancock's little speaker fits the bill, so I added his transmitter and that'll take care of the TV for now. I may still explore the soundbar option down the road.

Thanks for all the suggestions and descriptions of different solutions.
Old 11-21-2023, 04:34 AM   #23

Trailer: 2002 Bigfoot 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinser913 View Post
Roku soundbar enables you to hear over rain and the Dometic A/C. The Supersonic TV has an optical output jack to the soundbar. I will eventually try to hide the wires inside the cabinet.
Great thread! I’m researching how I can link the TV set that came with the trailer to my 12V auto stereo system. The easiest thing would be to wire the TV’s audio aux to the audio input aux of the head unit. Unfortunately, the only manufacturer that has an audio input aux in the back of the receiver is Boss. But I hesitate swapping out my Kenwood receiver (which lacks a rear audio input aux) for the Boss.

The Roku Streambar is an elegant alternative: I can stream media content, and be able to actually hear the TV. Currently, we attach HDML cable from our computer to the TV - which is a real pain. So this would spare me the expense of a purchasing a separate streaming stick.

It’s also good to know that the Roku has a 12V adopter.

@Kinser913: what’s your experience with the Roku? Does it work fairly seamlessly and consistently? Is sound and picture in sync? Do you have to reset preferences each time you use it? Are there any other peculiarities you noticed?

I’d greatly appreciate any information prior to purchasing this product.
Jane P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 09:57 AM   #24
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
Don't watch TV when on the road camping, do listen to music at times, using a bluetooth speaker (or ear buds) and my phone w/ Spotify or whatever.
Likewise. Mostly listen to music or downloaded movies. Use a basic Bluetooth speaker for that.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 05:04 PM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21, May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
Pretty much the same here...Bluetooth and a UE Megaboom. Perfect indoors or out ...