The QShip gets an oven - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-18-2024, 02:59 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
The QShip gets an oven

We had a built-in propane oven in our 17B and were not really happy with it. It seemed small and hard to use, and we still needed a separate toaster. The only advantage we could see was that it was propane, but we did not use it often. We decided instead to go with an AC toaster oven.

So, when we ordered our 21C we got only the cooktop. We looked around for an appliance that met our needs and decided on the small Breville electronic toaster oven. We have the larger residential model and like it very much. It is electronically controlled, with settings for toast, broil, bake, bagel, cookies, pizza, reheat and roast. In use it presets temperature, timer and which elements to use, but all can be controlled manually. In usable space it is not much different from the one we had in the 17B.

When we ordered The QShip I had them send the flip-up shelf uninstalled, since we did not want it by the door. I ended up mounting it on the full length cabinet at the foot of the bed where it does not interfere with me getting into or out of bed.

One of the reasons we decided on the Breville was that it fit perfectly on the shelf, which is next to one of the AC outlets. We could have merely moved it up and down as needed as we had in the 17B, but decided to make a permanent installation. With use of a couple of holes drilled in the shelf and zipties it is very stable, will not move around as we travel, and does not take up any added storage space. We will check to be sure it does not overheat either the wall or the shelf, but already have heat resistant panels to install if it is a problem

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240318_112853.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	73199

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240318_113014.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	73200
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 05:12 AM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Been seeing your posts about what the QShip has received. I would be curious as to how or why the QShip got its name.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:37 AM   #3

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Been seeing your posts about what the QShip has received. I would be curious as to how or why the QShip got its name.

It is n interesting story from WWI and WWII. The short explanation is that it is something that is much more than appears.

The long story is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q-ship

(I think Johnny Hung has the ultimate Escape QShip!)
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 01:11 PM   #4

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
Howdy

That was very interesting thanks for sharing.
Ken from AZ
Drives1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 02:48 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Mike, thanks for the explanation!