Black water release valve - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2022, 12:45 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19 2021
Black water release valve

Help. We ran over a boulder with our new Escape. So very angry at our own stupidity. We pulled off some of the foam undercoating and destroyed the black water release valve. Not sure if we also damaged the pipes and the tank. And, of course, we messed up the fiberglass along the edge. Has anyone else done something of this nature. We live in Erie Colorado and have no idea where to go for repairs. Who can we trust to repair a fiberglass RV properly? Has anyone out there repaired damage of this nature themselves? Thanks
Ginger6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 01:13 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
Oh no that's terrible, don't beat yourselves up over it though, nothing money cant fix.
Just to get the plumbing fixed and get you back in business I would recommend looking for a mobile rv repair person also any plumber could handle this.
You may have damaged the tank connection but not likely the tank, it's inside under and behind the toilet but it's probably ok. You could have hit the grey water tank however, it is below the trailer. I would fill the grey tank with a hose and see if any water comes out anywhere for starters.

Depending on how bad the fiberglass damage is it could possibly be handled by an auto body paint shop but they are going to want to paint the repaired area. It would be better if you can find a fiberglass repair place that will use gel coat. Escape should be able to supply you with enough for the repair so that it will match perfectly.
Best of luck with this, Dan
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 02:37 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
yeah, for the FG repair, I would look for a marine repair place. The guy I've used does really good work, but is quite expensive.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote