Controller problem? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2024, 04:48 AM   #1
Nan

Trailer: 2023 5.0
Converter problem?

We are currently camping with full hook ups but our AC, microwave and the 110 outlets do not work. Our EMS shows power coming to the rig. Our 12v lights and fans work off of the 2 lithium batteries but they are not being recharged. The Main breaker on the control panel feels “spongy”. If I slightly touch it, it wants to pop off. Any suggestions? We have a 2023 5.0.
Nan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 06:12 AM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Try turning the main breaker all the way off, then back on again.
Old 03-06-2024, 07:18 AM   #3
Nan

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Try turning the main breaker all the way off, then back on again.
Unfortunately I already tried that multiple times. Thanks tho for your input.
Old 03-06-2024, 07:32 AM   #4

Trailer: 2020 E21C
Nan, s your EMS showing any fault code? Normal code is E 0.

Are you monitoring how many large draw electrical appliances you have plugged in? For example, your water heater on electric + a cube heater, a toaster, hair dryer or electric water pot for tea and coffee plugged in at the same time can produce what you are experiencing. You may want to unplug everything you have plugged in to the AC outlets, then reset the breaker and wait at least 3 minutes. If the problem persists after that, it's not too many appliances plugged in at once.

John
JohnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 07:43 AM   #5
Nan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
Nan, s your EMS showing any fault code? Normal code is E 0.

Are you monitoring how many large draw electrical appliances you have plugged in? For example, your water heater on electric + a cube heater, a toaster, hair dryer or electric water pot for tea and coffee plugged in at the same time can produce what you are experiencing. You may want to unplug everything you have plugged in to the AC outlets, then reset the breaker and wait at least 3 minutes. If the problem persists after that, it's not too many appliances plugged in at once.

John
EMS shows E 0. No large or small draw appliances plugged in. Although we did use the microwave yesterday. None plugged in and resetting the Main breaker doesn’t help. Do you know where the fuse is located that goes to the inverter? I’m trying to check all of the fuses.
Old 03-06-2024, 07:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post
EMS shows E 0. No large or small draw appliances plugged in. Although we did use the microwave yesterday. None plugged in and resetting the Main breaker doesn’t help. Do you know where the fuse is located that goes to the inverter? I’m trying to check all of the fuses.
The inverter fuse is likely on the end of the inverter positive cable connected to the battery, but that fuse being blown should not produce what you are experiencing.
Old 03-06-2024, 08:01 AM   #7
Nan

Quote:
The inverter fuse is likely on the end of the inverter positive cable connected to the battery, but that fuse being blown should not produce what you are experiencing.
I didn't think so either but the problems began right after we used the inverter to power the microwave.
Old 03-06-2024, 08:03 AM   #8

I should have mentioned GFIs earlier. I suggest checking all AC outlets for popped buttons and reset if popped. Your exterior AC outlet may be the one with the GFI.
Old 03-06-2024, 08:42 AM   #9

We do not have a microwave so I don’t know how that is wired. But normally when you are plugged in to shore power I would not have thought you would need the inverter to use the microwave. But maybe that is how microwaves are wired.
Old 03-06-2024, 08:43 AM   #10
SRS

Trailer: 2022 Escape 17A, 2021 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post
We are currently camping with full hook ups but our AC, microwave and the 110 outlets do not work. Our EMS shows power coming to the rig. Our 12v lights and fans work off of the 2 lithium batteries but they are not being recharged. The Main breaker on the control panel feels “spongy”. If I slightly touch it, it wants to pop off. Any suggestions? We have a 2023 5.0.
Typically, once reset by pushing the beaker all the way off and then all the way on, it re-locks and feels firm. If it doesn't re-lock firmly after several tries, it may indicate a bad breaker. It's not common, but they can fail. If your connected to shore power, it might be worth unplugging and trying to reset the breaker again.

Hope you get it sorted out.
SRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 03:47 AM   #11
Nan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRS View Post
Typically, once reset by pushing the beaker all the way off and then all the way on, it re-locks and feels firm. If it doesn't re-lock firmly after several tries, it may indicate a bad breaker. It's not common, but they can fail. If your connected to shore power, it might be worth unplugging and trying to reset the breaker again.

Hope you get it sorted out.
Thanks to everyone for all of your suggestions. Tried em all. Replacing the main breaker fixed the issue and we have shore power once again.
Old 03-09-2024, 08:06 AM   #12

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
We do not have a microwave so I don’t know how that is wired. But normally when you are plugged in to shore power I would not have thought you would need the inverter to use the microwave. But maybe that is how microwaves are wired.
You were correct. When plugged in to shore power the inverter is not needed to run anything in the trailer which makes sense.
Old 03-13-2024, 11:53 AM   #13

Trailer: Want one
Hey C&G. We are looking at Escape and live in Tampa. Any way my wife and I could come and look at yours some time?
Gary.Teaney@ConsultantsTCB.com 727-224-2754
Thanks
Gary
Teaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 11:25 AM   #14

Trailer: 2014 Escape 17B
we also had this issue last year and found that the external outlet has a "set/reset" breaker in it, pressing the reset button fixed the issue
TheLonePine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 09:34 AM   #15

Trailer: Gulf Stream Conquest Travel Trailer 2013
Did you figure it out?
It sounds like there may be an electrical issue with the RV. Since the main breaker feels "spongy" and is tripping, I'd contact hvac direct customer service (or any similar company) or an RV electrician for assistance. They can help diagnose the problem and find the solutions to restore power and resolve the issue with your AC, microwave, and outlets. But I'm not an expert, just my two cents.
Jacob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 11:02 AM   #16
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teaney View Post
Hey C&G. We are looking at Escape and live in Tampa. Any way my wife and I could come and look at yours some time?
Gary.Teaney@ConsultantsTCB.com 727-224-2754
Thanks
Gary
Best to contact members with a Private Message. Just click on the member's handle.

Also, you can use Escape's Ambassador program. Go to https://escapetrailer.com and click on 'See an Escape'.