Dometic DM2682/DM2882 quit working - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-22-2023, 10:45 AM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Dometic DM2682/DM2882 quit working

Looks like my Dometic fridge decided to quit just before a couple of longer trips we had scheduled but no worries, that's why God made ice chests.

Anyway, checked all of the fuses and breakers including the two fuses in the back section; one on the power board the other inline. The fridge will not cool on AC, gas or DC but does have power to the top panel and the back board. I've read that the problem could be in the upper board or lower board.

Anyone have any tips on how to diagnose which board may be the culprit?

Thanks!
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 02:35 PM   #2
Site Team

Also checked the thermal switch on the back of the fridge. It was popped so I reset it but the fridge still does not cool
Old 06-22-2023, 10:18 PM   #3
AnJ

Trailer: 1974 Boler, 2018 Escape 21
I’m not sure what you mean by the thermal switch… maybe just same thing, different terms, but I’ll mention this in case it helps. We had the same ‘symptoms’ in our Dometic fridge. It turns out that the clip that attaches to the fins inside the fridge section at the back had come off. This is the temperature sensor and if it’s not attached to the fin, the fridge and freezer quits. We thought for sure we needed a new fridge, but sliding the sensor back on the fin fixed our problem. Plugged in the trailer and in a few hours it had cooled down to what was expected. The sensor is not super secure on its own and can easily wiggle off if bumped by fridge contents or towing on a bumpy road!
AnJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 10:48 PM   #4
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
According to a new thread 'Fridge Problem Solved' SageRpod posted the solution to this fridge problem: https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post448462 FYI Nice when fixes don't cost $$!
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 08:48 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnJ View Post
I’m not sure what you mean by the thermal switch
Hi AnJ. The switch I am referring to is a thermal breaker that pops when the gas heating chamber gets too hot. From what I read on other forums, not many folks no about this rascal because it is hidden behind the heat shield on the back side of the fridge.

Thanks for the reply, though. I've learned more about absorption fridges in the past 24 hours than I ever cared to know.