Furnace issue fixed (not the sail switch) - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-17-2022, 11:47 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 fleetwood taos
Furnace issue fixed (not the sail switch)

I have a 2022 e19 and after 10 days of camping I came down with an intermittent no light issue. I have fixed the issue on my furnace so I will not go into the details but get right to the important stuff. My no start became permanent. It would go thru the full cycle of trying to fire 3 times including clicking of the ignitor. So here is what I have learned, there is a led on the circuit board, remove the access panel 3 blinks a pause and 3 blinks is an ignition issue. So I will save you some time, when you turn on the thermostat it sends power, the blower starts, then the board checks the temp cut off switch and the sail switch before it sends a high powered voltage to the ignitor. The clicking you here is actually the board sending voltage not the ignitor I have been told. So if you are hearing the clicking you have eliminated the sail switch and the high temp switch and probably the board from consideration. If you go outside and smell at the vent during clicking and you smell traces of propane you have probably eliminated the propane gas valve. The ignitor is about $35 and not too difficult if you have basic handiman skills. After installing the new ignitor it fires up on the first try first click. I determined early on that it did not make sense to seek warrantee help as the nearest service center is a 4 plus hour drive, I would spend more on gas then the part costs. I had great help in troubleshooting from davidmurphy02 he has a post which I used to become more familiar with furnaces than I ever thought I would be. https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...ing-20805.html. It has links to videos and diagnostic info and is well written, and explains what I have summarized in much more detail. I wanted everyone to know that it is not always the sail switch, new does not mean it's not broken, it is not that difficult (yes frustrating) to diagnose the issue and the inside of the furnace is not that scary. Don't throw away hundreds of dollars in time trying to get warrantee work done, when it may be an inexpensive fix. Hope you never have to use this thread.
Kent
kjsalt is offline   Reply With Quote