Lagun vs. Marine Pedestal Table - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-04-2022, 11:24 AM   #1

Trailer: 5.0TA - June 2022
Lagun vs. Marine Pedestal Table

Hi All, nearing the end of my build and the table options are keeping me awake! I have searched the Forum to find great information but nothing exact so I thought I would ask the community.

5.0TA build - I thought of purchasing the Marine Pedestal due to it's sturdiness and ease of collapsing. Recently I've been thinking about how one may access the rear bench and overhead bins and because of this I thought the lagoon table may be a better option.

I'm curious if anyone else has had similar thoughts and what they chose and why? Anyone have pictures of what's under the bench at the rear? Thanks in advance!
Frisco Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 11:38 AM   #2

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
This Escape video compares the table mounting options.

IMHO: If you plan to make up the dinette into a bed regularly or don't want the U-shaped dinette, the Springfield pedestal is easier to use. If you don't, the Lagun gives you the most flexibility.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:48 AM   #3

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco Kid View Post
... I'm curious if anyone else has had similar thoughts and what they chose and why?
I didn't agonize but even after touring several examples in person I could not decide which of the several available ETI table options would work best for me in the long run.

So, I elected to take the standard table with all of its hardware, but have it delivered not installed. This recognizing that both the Lagun and Marine Pedestals can be ordered and installed after trailer delivery via the aftermarket (albeit the Lagun may require some reinforcement to the bench, but there are several posts here describing how folks have accomplished that).

FWIW after months of ownership I'm still happily using a free-standing folding table I already had at the house, still undecided which or if any 'permanent' mount is right for me. I'm glad to not have screw-holes for any of the OE options already in my bench faces or floor.

I'll also note that several folks have installed either the Lagun or Marine Pedestal at locations different from the default ETI locations, to better suit their preferences. There's also several 'DIY from scratch' table-systems posted here that are quite intriguing.

Offered just for your consideration ... you don't have to commit to this decision before living with your trailer for a while to figure out what's best for your personal preferences and habits.

Don't lose sleep over it, congrats on your impending 5.0, Have Fun!
Old 02-04-2022, 12:00 PM   #4

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Our Northstar truck camper (which IS LagunUSA) has the Lagun table mount so we knew what we would be getting in our 5.0. We had Escape make a smaller table in addition to the standard table. The benefit we didn’t anticipate is the ease of access to the overhead storage above the dinette when pushed out of the way. It works well for us.
Attached Thumbnails
5A3762FC-89A4-4F82-A2C0-707EB4AFCE15.jpg  
Jwinfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 12:02 PM   #5

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
tables

We have had all 3 tables, now sitting here with the lagoon and much prefer it. Regardless where we would like to reach we can move the table out of the way and our grown son at 6'2" and 240# said it made a good bed.

AZjack and Nancy who grew up in Castro Valley
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 01:09 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I've had both the Springfield (first) and the Lagun table mount & prefer the Lagun. I do not make the dinette into a bed, and get into the underseat storage areas quite a bit, so it might not be the best solution for everyone, but it works well for me.

I also have a sliding teak table which expands from 12" wide to 34" wide. I don't believe it is still available from Nauteak, but they do have other folding tables.
Old 02-04-2022, 02:33 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
I didn't agonize but even after touring several examples in person I could not decide which of the several available ETI table options would work best for me in the long run.

So, I elected to take the standard table with all of its hardware, but have it delivered not installed. This recognizing that both the Lagun and Marine Pedestals can be ordered and installed after trailer delivery via the aftermarket (albeit the Lagun may require some reinforcement to the bench, but there are several posts here describing how folks have accomplished that).

FWIW after months of ownership I'm still happily using a free-standing folding table I already had at the house, still undecided which or if any 'permanent' mount is right for me. I'm glad to not have screw-holes for any of the OE options already in my bench faces or floor.

I'll also note that several folks have installed either the Lagun or Marine Pedestal at locations different from the default ETI locations, to better suit their preferences. There's also several 'DIY from scratch' table-systems posted here that are quite intriguing.

Offered just for your consideration ... you don't have to commit to this decision before living with your trailer for a while to figure out what's best for your personal preferences and habits.

Don't lose sleep over it, congrats on your impending 5.0, Have Fun!
As Alan says, there's no need to try and decide ahead if you don't have a firm idea of what you want.

As most things Escape there's always at least two sides both firmly convinced that one or the other is best. It all depends on individual needs, not what works for others.

Personally, I hate the stock table supports. The less that gets in the way of my feet, the better. Plus the wobble. But our table is a table, first and foremost and the dinette is used as an eating area full time and we can still lounge there. So I went with the Springfield.

The best thing always, is to try and see these set-ups in someone else's trailer.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 03:34 PM   #8

Trailer: 2021 21NE
We chose the Lagun because we can move the table out of the way, and when traveling we have full use of the area under the table. We didn't want holes in our floor. But, as others have stated, you have to decide how you are going to use that area of your trailer and what works best for you. Enjoy your new trailer!
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 03:46 PM   #9

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
We chose the Lagun mount because it appeared to show what it offered in a “what you see is what you get” kind of way while the other options seemed to have a few concerning features.

We wanted an unobstructed floor and the ability to maneuver around the seat and overhead storage. We got that and also the ability to make small table movements that allow ease of entry/exit. All in all, the Lagun mount has met our expectations and then some.

Oh, and it keeps the rear seat backs from flopping around while on the road.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 05:51 PM   #10

Trailer: 5.0TA - June 2022
All great points everyone, thank you so much!
Frisco Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 06:57 AM   #11

Trailer: 2022 E19
For those with the Lagun Table Mount, is the standard leg tall enough or is the 27" one necessary? I'm mounting this in a E19
Old 02-11-2022, 07:09 PM   #12

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
I can honestly say that working in the benches, for example, installing the batteries into the bench every spring, is a pain with my pedestal. However, I knock down the dinette every night after supper and my wife and I prop up all of our pillows, trays and wine glass holders and cruise the internet or watch movies in total comfort; for that we really like the pedestal!
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 07:54 PM   #13

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I have not used the Lagun, but have seen a couple installed. For me, the Lagun really seems unstable and on blustery nights we often have four inside playing cards and enjoying cocktails so stability is important. I really like the Springfield with the 4 way slide. We can easily move it to just about anywhere in the seating area and turn it 360°. Ours is way more solid than what they show in the Escape video, though does have some flex is you press down hard. Other than the stock two pole, this is all I have used in an Escape and can't see any need for anything else.

I would gladly sit at any table that works for dining, working and entertaining.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 10:36 PM   #14

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
Our Lagun table is solid. I can only presume that those who have experienced instability have encountered one that is not adjusted correctly.

I can also take it down in a few minutes and set up the bed as a lounge area.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon, marine, storage, table