New E19 owner - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2023, 05:18 PM   #1

Trailer: 2023 E19
New E19 owner

I picked up our E19 on Sept. 12,2023. Overall everything looks good. A couple minor issues with hinges and latches. The middle hinge on bathroom door, the pin fell out and appeared sheared. The cabinet door below the sink doesn't close without messing with the brown rollers. It appears there is too much play in the spring. ETI is sending me replacement parts.

I do have one question. The attached photos show how the upper corners are finished inside the cabinets. Is this a normal finish?
Attached Thumbnails
forum-1.jpg   forum-2.jpg   forum-3.jpg   forum-4.jpg  
joebuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 05:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 2022 E19
Enjoy your new trailer!

The "finish out" of the wall covering / insulation inside of my cabinets where the corners of the trailer are are very similar to your pics.
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 12:05 AM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
In 2018 mine had some wood in place so you could not see that. It was a real pain dealing with that wood when running extra wires. It also cut down on available storage space.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 08:05 AM   #4

Trailer: 2023 Escape 19
Our cabinet ends look similar to yours. Maybe a little more finished looking. Regardless, it will be a handy little area to tuck in a few extra cans or a bottle of something nice to savour after a long road trip or hike. I'll try to attach a pic, not sure if system will let me. Hope you're enjoying your new trailer. We sure are. It was a little sad for us to have to winterize yesterday. Happy travels, Paul
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8127a.jpg  
Pauly D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 11:09 AM   #5

Trailer: 2023 E19
Besides being new E19 owners, this is also our first trailer. I have many questions and I appreciate all the answers.

We purchase a Camco EvoFlex Drinking Water Hose. After running maybe 100 gallons through the hose while sanitizing and rinsing the fresh water tank, there still is a new water hose taste. Does this taste ever disappear?

After driving home from Chilliwack, I was crawling around under the trailer checking things out.

I noticed this small hole near the front. Is this supposed to be there? Is it a drain hole?

Click image for larger version

Name:	front-hole.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	70508

The hose from the fresh water tank seems exposed. Do owners protect/insulate this hose with foam piping insulation?

Name:	tank-hose.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	310.6 KB
ID:	70510

I read through the threads about inclined driveways and the suggestion is not to level the trailer unless cooling the fridge. I leveled our trailer at home just for practice since the site at Oostema Farm was level. I needed one leveling block on the drivers side to level side to side. In the front, I needed to raise the hitch frame 27 inches to level (ground to top of frame). I used 7 inches of blocking, which is the maximum I can slip under the foot plate when the trailer is raised to disconnect from my 4Runner. The question I have is what height should I have the front for storage? When I raise the hitch to disconnect, just leave the trailer at that height? or Should I lower the trailer some?

Name:	front-leveling.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	399.0 KB
ID:	70511
joebuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 01:44 PM   #6

Trailer: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebuoy View Post
We purchase a Camco EvoFlex Drinking Water Hose. After running maybe 100 gallons through the hose while sanitizing and rinsing the fresh water tank, there still is a new water hose taste. Does this taste ever disappear?
I don't know about that specific hose, but a water filter may help, and would likely be a good idea regardless. I use a camco one for filling up the trailer, water cans, etc. It does a good job of removing the taste of chlorine (present in our city water):
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0006IX87S/

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebuoy View Post
I read through the threads about inclined driveways and the suggestion is not to level the trailer unless cooling the fridge.
That's a strange suggestion. Unless your driveway is at some ridiculous angle that would make levelling the trailer dangerous, I would definitely level it every single time.

Regarding the fridge: home appliances (and many, but not all RV appliances) that rely on refrigerant require that refrigerant to be "in the right spot," so to speak. The refrigerant itself is similar to molasses, in that it's not all that liquid and moves slow. If the appliance is not level, the refrigerant moves to places where it's not really supposed to be, and running the appliance at that point can be problematic, or even outright detrimental to the appliance. This is why (for example) refrigerators are always transported vertically, and you are advised to keep them upright for 24hrs before plugging them in if the refrigerator was transported in any other orientation. (Same advice is typically given for AC units that you'd buy at a hardware store.)

For this same reason I would want my trailer level, to keep the refrigerant where it should be.

Some newer fridges (such as the 12v-only fridges popular with the overlanding crowd: ARB, SnoMaster, NationalLuna, and countless other brands) use cooling methods that operate just fine at virtually any angle, but such appliances haven't really become mainstream in the RV industry just yet. (Although they're making appearances here and there.)
0210 is offline   Reply With Quote