Split water hose in bathroom - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2017, 08:17 PM   #161
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
I would definitely take him to a 60 year old traditional Italian restaurant if he wants to replace all my rusting screws. He already sent me the parts!

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:05 PM   #162

Trailer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
... It sounds like there was too much potential for trailers to be messed up by techs that don't know exactly how the trailers are built. ....
I agree, the dreaded incompetant RV techs
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:53 PM   #163

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Technicians

Remember the TV add of a few years ago " I always wanted to work on a transmission! "
It scares me everytime I know more about how something works than the person I'm talking to who I'm trusting to fix it.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:23 AM   #164

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
I would definitely take him to a 60 year old traditional Italian restaurant if he wants to replace all my rusting screws. He already sent me the parts!
I was thinking of trying to meet up with him and give him a six of our favorite local brew...but a 60 year old trad Italian restaurant would be even better. (My trailer's not part of this fix, but I think it's great he's doing this for those that need it!)
Old 06-13-2017, 06:52 AM   #165

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
My hope is that there will be some nice owners that will feed him and even put him up for the night in their house if they can. I know I would.
Great thought, especially on the feeding idea. When on the road, a home cooked meal is actually a nice thing, especially if grabbing restaurant food on the go a lot. If he is pulling a trailer, I would imagine he would prefer to sleep in it if possible though.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:58 PM   #166

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Just got off the phone with Tammy.....

for those of us with a 2017 21' who will be having Reace come by to fix the problem, on his 2017 USA TOUR

He needs the under - the - bed area empty (at least all around the water heater) for access

and he needs nothing on top of the bed, again for access.

He is by himself (poor guy!) and he has an Escape behind his truck to live out of.

He is currently in Oregon.... I'll see him likely this Friday or Saturday.

I plan on taking him out for a nice meal at a cool place right by us when he is finished with the job. Tammy said that would be a nice thing.

The fix is taking about 2 hours..... approx.

John
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:15 PM   #167

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Glad to hear how this is progressing!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:30 PM   #168

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
Just got off the phone with Tammy..... for those of us with a 2017 21' who will be having Reace come by to fix the problem, on his 2017 USA TOUR He needs the under - the - bed area empty (at least all around the water heater) for access and he needs nothing on top of the bed, again for access.... John
Do you know, will Rease need water drained out of the camper - including the hot water heater? Will he need a water hookup or some water in the freshwater tank to pressure test the job when done? I assume that information will be forthcoming from either Rease or Tammy. Just curious so I can be thinking ahead....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:46 PM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Do you know, will Rease need water drained out of the camper - including the hot water heater? Will he need a water hookup or some water in the freshwater tank to pressure test the job when done? I assume that information will be forthcoming from either Rease or Tammy. Just curious so I can be thinking ahead....
I just found out from Tammy ... "the draining of the water lines is the easy part....however, if you have items stored under the bed. It would be greatly appreciated if they can be removed & the mattress removed."
Old 06-13-2017, 04:50 PM   #170

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Water heater can be bypassed. There would not be a lot of water in the lines, and as long as there is no pressure, not much should come out.

That said, blown out lines would be much nicer to work on.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:57 PM   #171

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I would assume as well you would want to get water back into the system after the repairs to test for leaks, etc.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:20 PM   #172

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
I have nothing to add to the logical observations from Jim and Greg, except that it is very thoughtful to consider what would make the job easier for Reace.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:03 AM   #173

hi all

So Reace just did the repairs to our 2017 21' here in Los Angeles.

He is enjoying the trip so far.... and is in very good spirits.

He was kind enough to also do the fridge dam caulking, (and explain why it needed to be done)

and he also checked various things on the Escape... on his own volition.

We just let him do his thing, other than providing some lemonade.... and at the end we took him out to a nice dinner nearby. He really seemed to enjoy that.

I was a bit confused as to how to fine tune the setting of the e2 WDH we had bought from him, and he kindly explained how adding washers to it worked, and now it all makes perfect sense.

Very nice guy.... it was nice to get to know him a bit.

He's heading towards Phoenix AZ tonight.... will drive a few hours, and sleep, and finish that drive in the morning.

Very happy to have the bathroom hot water pipe swapped out ... he showed me how our initial pipe was already stretched out, and wasn't far from bursting. Yikes. Glad to have the correct pipe in the section that needed to be swapped out.

cheers,

John
Old 06-17-2017, 08:16 AM   #174
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
It's unfortunate this problem occurred in the first place, but reading about how Reace is dealing with it is fantastic. Just a class act.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2017, 08:32 AM   #175

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Sounds like Reace has made it down the coast and is now headed across the Southwest. I'm glad to hear folks are taking him out to dinner, etc, as it is the least we can do for the amazing customer service trip he is in the midst of!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:36 AM   #176

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
hi all

So Reace just did the repairs to our 2017 21' here in Los Angeles.

Very happy to have the bathroom hot water pipe swapped out ... he showed me how our initial pipe was already stretched out, and wasn't far from bursting. Yikes. Glad to have the correct pipe in the section that needed to be swapped out.

Thanks for the location update. We are up in Prince Edward Island, Canada, and hope to meet up with him as he passes through New York.

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:07 AM   #177

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
The fact that he's doing this, makes us so happy that we ordered an Escape! Only two months until we get ours :-)
Old 06-17-2017, 11:39 AM   #178

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Reace unfortunately has the worst timing and route for this. It will be 112-118F in Phoenix on Sunday and Monday and is about the worst place he can be in the U.S. now. We are straight east of there in Texas on the Oklahoma border and will have only 90F those days, by comparison. At least I hope he has mostly A/C to be in, although likely having to go in and out of the heat while working. Go, Reace! But go slowly.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #179

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Reace unfortunately has the worst timing and route for this. It will be 112-118F in Phoenix on Sunday and Monday and is about the worst place he can be in the U.S. now. We are straight east of there in Texas on the Oklahoma border and will have only 90F those days, by comparison. At least I hope he has mostly A/C to be in, although likely having to go in and out of the heat while working. Go, Reace! But go slowly.
Holy hot! Maybe for those that can we should add to pre-cool the trailer for Reace! I just looked at the spec sheet on my mini-split and 115F is the top of the operating range!!
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #180

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Reace
And then there is also that radical concept of taking a day off. At the least, there is the time honored siesta. All work and no play makes Jack and Reace dull boys.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote