Thetford Water Module Assembly - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-21-2021, 12:38 PM   #1

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Thetford Water Module Assembly

Apparently, no one has experienced a leak coming from the external shower valves or someone would have responded. So, I am wondering if anyone has replaced the water module assembly on the Thetford commode without having to remove the toilet? I saw one YouTube video of a guy replacing the module on his RV toilet. His was bolted to the floor. He was able to remove the toilet, turn it around, and replace the water module. He had to remove the toilet because his was up against a wall. Maybe there is enough room to remove and install a replacement water module assembly on the Escape?

Here is the backdrop for my leak saga.

Over a year ago I found out that my gray water tank was leaking. I reached out to Escape. Their responses were consistently the same: ‘take the trailer to an RV place, get an estimate, and get back to us’. Except for the fact that no RV place in the area was interested in dealing with trailers that they don’t sell, everything was cool.

After much back and forth about this problem, finally someone from Escape contacted an RV dealership close to me. This was back in January. I was told by Escape to drop the trailer off to this dealership and they would fix the problem. Great news. Now that I’m vaccinated and the weather is right, I contacted this dealership and the contact person Escape referenced in the email. The only problem with that is the contact person had never heard of Escape Trailer Industries. The other problem is that they only handle warranty issues for the trailers and motorhomes they sell. What happened and why who knows.

Back to Dustin Dione the “After Sales Support” guy at Escape. I told him I now have 3 problems: 1) Gray water tank, 2) Leaking external faucets, and 3) Leaking water module assembly. His response back was succinct. “Regarding the trailer, we have agreed to the grey tank leak repair as this is a warranty issue. However, the other items that have started to leak are a sure sign of an improper winterization process and the fittings will have frozen and cracked therefore you cannot repair it. You will have you provide us with a quote for the repair of the grey tank prior to any work being completed.”

I've only been winterizing and de-winterizing RV's for 35 years but who knows: I could have screwed up. All I do know is that I had pink antifreeze flowing out of every orifice during the de-winterization stage.

So aside from the fact that no RV place around here wants to handle this problem, I'm back to having to get a quote FIRST, then hold my breath until Escape either approves of the quote or not. That's my take.

I’m done with Escape regarding these issues. I’ll try to resolve them myself. I’m just hoping that at least with respect to the commode I won’t have to carve away at the foam insulation underneath to unbolt the toilet from the floor of the trailer.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:06 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
I just figure I am buying a trailer without warranty. Escape is no where close, dealers are jammed and service what they sell, there are no reliable marine fiberglass repair shops around, and dometic warrantee’s are useless. This is the first RV I’ve bought with a warranty, and figure it’s probably not worth much either. I just know that going in, and choose to purchase anyway. I’m sure if I took months, I could get something worked out with ETI if need be, but I’d rather fix it and travel. I’m sure others feel differently.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:47 PM   #3

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
I just figure I am buying a trailer without warranty. Escape is no where close, dealers are jammed and service what they sell, there are no reliable marine fiberglass repair shops around, and dometic warrantee’s are useless. This is the first RV I’ve bought with a warranty, and figure it’s probably not worth much either. I just know that going in, and choose to purchase anyway. I’m sure if I took months, I could get something worked out with ETI if need be, but I’d rather fix it and travel. I’m sure others feel differently.
I'm an ambassador for Escape. I'll be sure to tell any prospective customer that the warranty is relatively useless. As far as your comment that you'd "rather fix it and travel", I am resigned to that now. I'd have gone broke in the rental property business years ago if I hadn't figured out how to repair plumbing, upgrade electric, and all manner of other issues. Thanks for the reality check.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote