Upper bedroom measurements of 5.0 TA? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-11-2024, 07:16 PM   #1

Trailer: 2024 5.0 TA on order
Upper bedroom measurements of 5.0 TA?

Hi gang. Question for 5.0 TA owners please. I looked at the specs page but am not clear on the upper sleeping area size. We just ordered a new 5.0 and it will be finished without the corner cabinets, so that two twin mattresses fit. I can confirm with them, but wondering if anyone here knows what the overall length is up there? Hoping to put two Twin XL mattresses up there and they are 38 x 80 long. From what I am finding on line it appears the usual queen mattress they fit the 5.0 with is 78.5” long. Thanks.
Al Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 08:41 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
We have a full size queen which is 80" long in ours. It comes right to the edge of the platform.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 10:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRpod View Post
We have a full size queen which is 80" long in ours. It comes right to the edge of the platform.
Thanks very much...appreciate it.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:16 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 5.0 TA
The platform measures 80” but, Because the corners are rounded, if you measure up against the wall it’s less then 80”.

We have the corner cabinets so measuring would be a guess at best.
occer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 10:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by occer View Post
The platform measures 80” but, Because the corners are rounded, if you measure up against the wall it’s less then 80”.

We have the corner cabinets so measuring would be a guess at best.
Ah, got it. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:48 PM   #6
Site Team

If you get foam mattresses like the purple mattress you could cut / shave the corners to fit.
Old 02-12-2024, 08:29 AM   #7

Quote:
If you get foam mattresses like the purple mattress you could cut / shave the corners to fit.
Copy, thanks. That’s what I was going to start investigating today. We have two mattresses from Recore and one from Endy so was going to check if they maybe have custom sizes or have some that can be cut, like you mentioned. Maybe Escape has some ideas too.
Old 02-12-2024, 09:28 AM   #8

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Y View Post
... That’s what I was going to start investigating today. ....
Just in case you're not aware, there are several companies that will build a mattress (foam and/or innerspring) with one or more corners curved to your spec.

Here's one that I had a good experience with: https://www.mattressinsider.com/

Happy Shopping!
Old 02-12-2024, 09:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Just in case you're not aware, there are several companies that will build a mattress (foam and/or innerspring) with one or more corners curved to your spec.

Happy Shopping!
Thanks!
Old 02-12-2024, 10:12 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Happy Shopping!
I looked at the site out of boredom , sale prices are pretty good and they have a generous return policy.
Old 02-12-2024, 11:10 AM   #11

Quote:
I looked at the site out of boredom , sale prices are pretty good and they have a generous return policy.
Note that the 'return' policy involves finding a local bona-fide non-profit where you deliver / donate the 'return' mattress in the name of the manufacturer (the manufacturer does not want it shipped back to them).

BTDT as we were working to get a custom innerspring with firmness to my preference (Very Firm, more than many folks prefer) and it all worked out as promised. They built and delivered a second mattress with additional coils at no additional charge that's perfect for me, so it was indeed a good experience. A local women's shelter ended up with a like-new mattress they were glad to have.
Old 02-12-2024, 01:35 PM   #12

I found a company pretty close to home that makes custom rv mattresses, so looks like it won’t be too difficult
Old 02-12-2024, 02:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Y View Post
I found a company pretty close to home that makes custom rv mattresses, so looks like it won’t be too difficult
That's great, congratulations!
Old 02-12-2024, 03:22 PM   #14

Trailer: None
Quote:
Note that the 'return' policy involves finding a local bona-fide non-profit where you deliver / donate the 'return' mattress in the name of the manufacturer (the manufacturer does not want it shipped back to them).

BTDT as we were working to get a custom innerspring with firmness to my preference (Very Firm, more than many folks prefer) and it all worked out as promised. They built and delivered a second mattress with additional coils at no additional charge that's perfect for me, so it was indeed a good experience. A local women's shelter ended up with a like-new mattress they were glad to have.
Alan
Looking the website you suggested https://www.mattressinsider.com/,
what size of a mattress did you order? Did the mattress have radius corners at the head and foot, if so what radius? Was your mattress flipable or just one sleeping side?
Thanks
Jim
Huntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 04:17 PM   #15

I have replaced our mattress on our 2023 5.0. While the mattress was out I could feel there is some type of perimeter wood framing (I'm guessing 1" x 3" but I didn't measure it) and a center piece that runs down the middle front to back. The result is 2 rectangles that are approximately 3' wide and 6' long. In these rectangles is some type of rigid foam. I didn't have the carpet up to see it. My point is, if you are going to be crawling up the center between the two mattresses you will need to do something for your knees if you are on the 1"x3" and if you are off the 1"x3" you will be compressing the rigid foam. I will be removing my shag carpet shortly and putting down 1/5" plywood with carpet tiles on the perimeter for two reasons, 1 - I dislike the shag carpet for many reasons and the "hypervent" undermattress venting material can't possible work well sitting on shag carpet. If it were me I'd ask ETI to delete the carpet in the bed area so you can figure out what type of padding for your knees and protection for the rigid foam you would like to use. YMMV
Old 02-12-2024, 04:34 PM   #16

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
We like the carpet just fine. We have had the mattress out several times and the carpeted floor is nice, no carpet pad just carpet on top of plywood. I wouldn't change a thing for twin beds.

We just recently installed Froli springs under our bed and just put it right on top of the carpet. I wouldn't call it shag carpet either it is a medium/short cut pile carpet.

But maybe they are doing something different up there than what we have in our 2018, I would check with Escape.
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 05:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandDaphne View Post
We like the carpet just fine. We have had the mattress out several times and the carpeted floor is nice, no carpet pad just carpet on top of plywood. I wouldn't change a thing for twin beds.

We just recently installed Froli springs under our bed and just put it right on top of the carpet. I wouldn't call it shag carpet either it is a medium/short cut pile carpet.

But maybe they are doing something different up there than what we have in our 2018, I would check with Escape.
Copy, that was kinda what I was thinking. We have had Froli’s before and loved them. Or I may make a 2” raised platform with slats for each mattress...
Old 02-12-2024, 06:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandDaphne View Post
just carpet on top of plywood. I wouldn't change a thing for twin beds.

I'm open to being incorrect, but ETI at least for my trailer did not use plywood in the bed loft. The rigid foam will crush with just carpet above it if you kneel on it.

When I have my carpet out in next few weeks I'll keep you posted on what is there.
Old 02-12-2024, 06:08 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kessenich View Post
I'm open to being incorrect, but ETI at least for my trailer did not use plywood in the bed loft. The rigid foam will crush with just carpet above it if you kneel on it.

When I have my carpet out in next few weeks I'll keep you posted on what is there.
Thanks, I’ll make sure I inquire...
Old 02-12-2024, 08:44 PM   #20

Trailer: 2024 Escape 5.0
Attached are a couple of build photos of our 2024 5.0 TA and it appears to be carpet over plywood. (Sorry, photos loaded sideways)
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6034.jpg   IMG_7296.jpg  
jjdeluca is online now   Reply With Quote