Another Tennessee Escape - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-16-2015, 02:58 PM   #81
Senior Member
 
Kountrykamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Middle, Tennessee
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Posts: 1,442
Yelp, even comes complete with 2600 miles of bugs if your the first trailer but I was so excited it was fun to wash them off.
__________________

__________________
Tom
Kountrykamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:43 AM   #82
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Frankfort, Kentucky
Trailer: Wannabe
Posts: 42
Well, I called ETI to get clarification on delivery charges. I do not understand what they mean on the website about sharing delivery costs, because I was just told that the cost to Goshen, Indiana is $3,000 PER TRAILER, and even more IF the stars line up and the driver can make a home delivery. I also learned that at present only 3 trailers fit on the truck.

As much as we want an Escape, we have decided not to go ahead. It was already a financial stretch to get the trailer, and there's no way we're paying that much for delivery and no way we can drive to Canada. Very disappointed, but that's life...

Meanwhile, y'all are some lucky dawgs to have yours!
__________________

llfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:54 AM   #83
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Signal Mountain (Chattanooga), Tennessee
Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2016 Ram Eco-diesel 4WD Crew
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by llfalcon View Post
Well, I called ETI to get clarification on delivery charges. I do not understand what they mean on the website about sharing delivery costs, because I was just told that the cost to Goshen, Indiana is $3,000 PER TRAILER, and even more IF the stars line up and the driver can make a home delivery. I also learned that at present only 3 trailers fit on the truck.

As much as we want an Escape, we have decided not to go ahead. It was already a financial stretch to get the trailer, and there's no way we're paying that much for delivery and no way we can drive to Canada. Very disappointed, but that's life...

Meanwhile, y'all are some lucky dawgs to have yours!

Before you give up on the best trailer manufacturer, I'd call back and ask to speak to Tammy or Reace--and remember $3000 is really $2400 USD.

Bill
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:56 AM   #84
Member
 
Ralph & Paulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Trailer: 2016 21' - "Escapee"
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by llfalcon View Post
I do not understand what they mean on the website about sharing delivery costs, because I was just told that the cost to Goshen, Indiana is $3,000 PER TRAILER
Their site says "A significant savings occurs when we are able to schedule two or more trailers on the same truck to the same geographical location", but that only applies to home delivery, not the "flat rate" delivery to Goshen.

What constitutes "significant savings" is subject to debate, but when you're talking thousands of dollars, even a 15% or 20% savings is several hundred dollars.

Keep in mind this is Canadian dollars, so flat rate is closer to $2300 in US dollars.
__________________
Ralph & Paulette
Ralph & Paulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:03 PM   #85
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 5,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by llfalcon View Post
Well, I called ETI to get clarification on delivery charges. I do not understand what they mean on the website about sharing delivery costs, because I was just told that the cost to Goshen, Indiana is $3,000 PER TRAILER, and even more IF the stars line up and the driver can make a home delivery. I also learned that at present only 3 trailers fit on the truck.

As much as we want an Escape, we have decided not to go ahead. It was already a financial stretch to get the trailer, and there's no way we're paying that much for delivery and no way we can drive to Canada. Very disappointed, but that's life...

Meanwhile, y'all are some lucky dawgs to have yours!
Hi: llfalcon... Just looked up my Ford Focus file and the destination charges listed on the window sticker show $1500.00 from Michigan Assembly(Detroit) plant to St. Thomas Ont. Can. That's about 2& 1/2 hrs away. IMHO $3000.00 for half way across the country's not bad. In 5 years time the financial stretch you take will look like a cakewalk... Trust me Eh?
Total gas for our go get'er trip was $1700.00 + campgrounds on the way home...but WHAT A TRIP!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'10 Frontier CC. S.E. 4X4 Lng. Bed V6 '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas Ont.( Not the Virgin Islands)
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:21 PM   #86
Senior Member
 
Iowa Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Eastern Iowa, Iowa
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
Posts: 2,366
Alf. Good point. I don't think a lot of people realize how much they paid to get a car, boat or other significant purchase delivered. With delivery included in the final price I think it goes unnoticed. How about finding a person with time on their hands to drive out and bring it back for you? Or Might be able to broker delivery by a Trailer delivery specialist looking for a back load especially an independent operator with good insurance and references. "Where there's a will there be est a way." Will Shake a Speare.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:35 PM   #87
Senior Member
 
dfandrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A - "The Pullman"
Posts: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
..... How about finding a person with time on their hands to drive out and bring it back for you? ....Iowa Dave
Thanks an excellent point, Dave.

Some cases in point:
-My wife and I helped a couple move by driving a truckload of their stuff from CA to WA, then took the train home.
-A local cottage-business mfr. had to deliver product that wouldn't fit on a plane across the country: took on a job ferrying a car to within a few hundred miles of his destination, to get the job done.
-A college friend drove a car from CA to Iowa for someone, at the end of a semester. (engineering student--conservative driver).
__________________
Don & Teresa
2015 17A: 2011 Honda Pilot
RLTW
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:44 PM   #88
Senior Member
 
Iowa Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Eastern Iowa, Iowa
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
Posts: 2,366
Another thing to do when it's raining is to lace your fingers behind your head, lean back and stare at the trees or lake and just think about solving imaginary problems where logistics are involved. Got to learn to think outside of the box. As one of my foremen used to say, "difficult just takes a little longer, impossible is overtime"
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 02:35 PM   #89
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Frankfort, Kentucky
Trailer: Wannabe
Posts: 42
I totally get it that the shipping charges aren't so bad all things considered.

But I had all these things swimming around in my head, knowing we would need to get this and pay that. When I finally made a spreadsheet, reality smacked me hard in the face... 6% state taxes, insurance, paving a spot to store it on our property not knowing if we can get away with that, or paying to store it., not to mention that we don't even have a tow vehicle yet, more taxes and insurance, maybe a wdh...geez.

Realty hit home. The higher than expected shipping costs just blew up my spreadsheet, the famous straw that broke the camel's back.

Not giving up the dream, just shelving it until we figure it out, like Dave said above. Just wish money grew on trees.

I'm sticking around this forum because y'all are great folks and I love to see me some Escapes!
llfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 02:54 PM   #90
Senior Member
 
EDarby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Posts: 552
I can totally relate -- things got pretty overwhelming for me at one point. Well . . . at several points. I did a lot of rationalizing and a lot of redirecting my thoughts whenever they went into overload.

Do hope you can get things figured out. Rootin' for you guys!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by llfalcon View Post
But I had all these things swimming around in my head, knowing we would need to get this and pay that. When I finally made a spreadsheet, reality smacked me hard in the face... 6% state taxes, insurance, paving a spot to store it on our property not knowing if we can get away with that, or paying to store it., not to mention that we don't even have a tow vehicle yet, more taxes and insurance, maybe a wdh...geez.

Realty hit home. The higher than expected shipping costs just blew up my spreadsheet, the famous straw that broke the camel's back.

Not giving up the dream, just shelving it until we figure it out, like Dave said above. Just wish money grew on trees.

I'm sticking around this forum because y'all are great folks and I love to see me some Escapes!
__________________

__________________
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
C.S. Lewis
EDarby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.