Hello from Paul in Monterey - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #1

Trailer: 1986 Vixen TD 21
Hello from Paul in Monterey

Hello everyone. I am new to the site and the Escape trailer in general. I am the current owner of a vintage 1973 Play Pac 13' ... it is our 4th egg in 3 years (2 U Hauls and now 2 Play Pacs) and I must admit these things are highly addictive.

My research of the best-built eggs currently in production led me to the Escape. It appears to be a rock-solid unit from concept to creation and customer service as well. I am most interested in minimalism (despite this being quite a decadent trailer), and appreciate a high density of multi-use features packed into the smallest space. Thats probably why I like the 15B the most - for off the grid camping it has just about every imaginable feature in the smallest floor plan, looks to have a ton of storage space, fully-loaded is well under my 5,000 lb tow cap, and to boot - it stays just under the 16' mark here in California (permanent trailer tag / no annual registration). Its my wife, our 30 pound Aussie Cattle dog and perhaps a baby one day - but we want to stick with the 15 and not the 17, knowing these retain their value if we decided we wanted to go bigger - but not for at least a few years.

Just back from a weekend of beach camping down near Malibu and know we are hooked on the simplicity and functionality of egg camping. Its absolutely my favorite way to do Yosemite. I began to wonder if we should take the leap and buy our first ever brand spanking new egg? We don't own a home and our vehicles are paid off. I think investing in quality of life is often overlooked and while I love our vintage eggs - I love "using" them more than updating, modifying, etc. I work more than full-time and just want get out there and enjoy life, nature, and loved ones with whatever free time that I have.

My question here is - especially for those of you with a 15B ... what are your favorite standard and optional features? Conversely, what are the optional features you went for but you find you don't actually use as much as you thought you might? Same goes for standard options as well.

Thank you all for any advice and insight. I spent a lot of time reading here before chiming in, but I recognize quite a few of you from fiberglassrv.com where I have been for a couple of years now. I like how laid back it is here and the good humor folks seem to share - I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks again.
-Paul (Toni-Lynn and Master Po)
Paul C is offline   Reply With Quote