Leap of Faith - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2016, 10:28 AM   #21

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B
John:
Glad your trip to ETI was so successful. Given your height and intention to use the trailer full-time, I think your choice of the 19 will be a good one. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Dave

Dave & Penny Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 02:45 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 19
I just forwarded my first chunk of USD across the border. It is not as transparent an operation as I would like to see. First of all I withdrew a significant amount from my retirement account, from which they withheld 20% for IRS. I have been paying attention to the exchange rates and it seemed like it was time make a move. I thought exchanging USD for CAD would be an advantage. But my financial institution, a credit union, has to use a third-party bank for the wire transfer. In the process I lost $300. Experience can be a bitter teacher. I think just sending a cashier's check straight to ETI would get the outcome I desire. What are other's experiences? I didn't expect to be a student of international finance to get me a trailer! It's all good.

http://daysofnights.org
johnwarrensimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 03:06 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwarrensimpson View Post
I just forwarded my first chunk of USD across the border. It is not as transparent an operation as I would like to see. First of all I withdrew a significant amount from my retirement account, from which they withheld 20% for IRS. I have been paying attention to the exchange rates and it seemed like it was time make a move. I thought exchanging USD for CAD would be an advantage. But my financial institution, a credit union, has to use a third-party bank for the wire transfer. In the process I lost $300. Experience can be a bitter teacher. I think just sending a cashier's check straight to ETI would get the outcome I desire. What are other's experiences? I didn't expect to be a student of international finance to get me a trailer! It's all good.
Hi: johnwarrensimpson... Welcome to a long days journey into night!!! We love to travel via our "Escape Hatch II". We also like to find dark places along the great lakes shores to become "Stargeezers". No telescopes just naked eyes to graze the horizons with. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 03:59 PM   #24

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA 2016 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwarrensimpson View Post
John - sending cashier's cheques worked well for us. We sent three payments over a six month period to hedge our bets as to which way the exchange rate would fluctuate. I would rather spend my time planning camping trips than worrying about exchange rates.
Tammy always emailed us when our cheque arrived and updated our build sheet accordingly. I understand our mail had to travel from Washington State to a customs processing site in Toronto then make its way back to British Columbia which took about a week.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:30 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Just a heads up Canada post might be on strike on July 2. Watch what you mail.
Cheers
Doug
PGDriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:57 PM   #26

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
I just used a personal check.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:37 PM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I sent personal check, cleared in 7 days, remember to double the stamps for mail to Canada.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:08 PM   #28

Trailer: 2015 escape 19
We also sent personal checks for our 2 payments. ETI e-mailed us when they received them and sent an updated build sheet with the credit.
LDRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 02:20 PM   #29

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I sent personal check, cleared in 7 days, remember to double the stamps for mail to Canada.
Ditto. Checked the postage at the time and it was $1.10 or so USD. Just made sure there were more than enough stamps. Tammy advised they received it 5 days later.
Old 06-19-2016, 03:05 PM   #30

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Ditto. Checked the postage at the time and it was $1.10 or so USD. Just made sure there were more than enough stamps. Tammy advised they received it 5 days later.
Hi: rbryan4... Normal delivery for CanPost. 1 day delivery... 4 days storage. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

escape artist is online now   Reply With Quote