How many places visited in a year - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2017, 07:29 PM   #41

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Adrian, Mike said he was discouraged from taking his trailer up there and visitor center told him to drop it. From what we saw, too many cars and I seem to recall cars parked along the roads. A small motohome may be fine but I would not want to get stuck up there with a trailer. Of course, we were there in August. Don't know when he was there. May be much better in another month but if people are always parking cars along roads, that is a problem.

Then again, we did not have the trailer with us then and were not looking to park it, so we may not have seen the lots you mean at all.
Mike would probably have been OK since he was there early June I believe. But this year with free access to our national parks who knows for sure.

As far as our places visited in a year, this year will be a good one since we went all the way to the west coast, then heading down to GA in September, camping at Fort Benning and maybe down to the Gulf Coast then off to the Mississippi rally.

But our days of snowbirding are over it seems with our medical insurance going up so high with recent health issues, so my new plan will allow only thirty days out of MB at a time.

Meanwhile we are trying to do lots of local camping this summer in MB and northwest ON.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:29 PM   #42

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
We on the other hand do a lot of weekend camping intrastate at state parks and private camp sites. Our tips out of state are more destination driven. Last September we drove to Chilliwack to pick up our new Escape 19 on a Wednesday and then drove 3 days to arrive at the Mississippi River Valley rally in Illinois by Saturday. We returned home the following Tuesday. In May we left on a Tuesday night and stopped Wednesday in Missouri at a favorite KOA, Thursday we are in Amarillo, Texas to eat at the Big Texan Steakhouse, Friday in Kingman,Az and arrive in central California Saturday for 2 days to visit family. Monday we head up to Osoyoos and arrive there Tuesday where we stay 5 nights. Leaving on Sunday, we arrived home Tuesday night. We sleep in the camper at rest stops and stop every other night for showers. Two weeks ago we left on Sunday afternoon and drove to Maine welcome center and arrive in New Brunswick, Canada on Monday. We pigged out on digby scallops, poutine, fish and chips, lobster and smoked salmon. We left Thursday and stopped in Saco, Me at a KOA for some fresh blueberry pie with blueberry ice cream. Home Friday afternoon. So we drove close 15,000 miles in 10 months and have still another rally in September to attend in Niagara Falls, On. Seems like all of our trips this year will have been to Canada!!!
Is the Big Texan Steakhouse the home of the 96 oz steak challenge? We've been thru over a dozen times, but, embarrassingly big eater Bob has never been tempted. Even after a 96# WSJ girl reporter claimed to have met it, ~30 years ago. Next time you're passing thru St. Louis, stop and camp in our drive way. We'll go eat on the Italian Hill, less than a mile away. Chicago ain't got nuthin' on us.....
phalaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:19 PM   #43

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Mike would probably have been OK since he was there early June I believe. But this year with free access to our national parks who knows for sure.

As far as our places visited in a year, this year will be a good one since we went all the way to the west coast, then heading down to GA in September, camping at Fort Benning and maybe down to the Gulf Coast then off to the Mississippi rally.

But our days of snowbirding are over it seems with our medical insurance going up so high with recent health issues, so my new plan will allow only thirty days out of MB at a time.

Meanwhile we are trying to do lots of local camping this summer in MB and northwest ON.

Adrian
Big big year for you! You really covered a lot.

The health insurance thing is so ridiculous. Hopefully, you can do pretty well with 30 days.

I really liked what I saw in Manitoba. Riding Mountain NP was nice.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:09 PM   #44

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I passed through the town of Lake Louise in mid-May. There wasn't a lot of tourist activity then. On the road to the lake itself I saw a sign that said "No RVs", or something to that effect, so I parked the trailer and checked at the visitors center. At first a young man told me that it was okay to drive up the road to the lake; there was a turn-around wide enough for my trailer. But then he hemmed and hawed and suggested that I drop the trailer in the parking lot and go to the lake without it. I don't like ambivalent instructions so I decided to skip Lake Louise and proceed to my destination in Jasper. The bears were waiting for me there.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:57 PM   #45

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
Yes, the exposure is good for children.

We sold our Scamp to a young couple, early thirties. They took three months off work and were taking the old Scamp to Alaska. The big deal was that they wanted to expose little Lily (daughter) to nature, outdoors and wildlife. Some say three people in a Scamp 13ft for 3 months is the definition of "wildlife" as you spend lots of time outside. Kim and I were so impressed with these two parents that after the deal was finalized we lowered the sales price. I hope Lily grows up travelling the same way her young parents still do.
That was very good of you to lower the price. . Sounds as if they had the adventure of a lifetime that will always affect them.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:10 AM   #46

Trailer: 2017 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
East of Missoula on highway 200, just past Ovando, in a Montana. Only 13 campsites all on the river.The river is famous for fly fishing. Sites are only $18.
Loved that spot!
Thank you Marry for sharing. It's in my book of places that we hope to camp.
TallyHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:42 AM   #47

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by phalaney View Post
Is the Big Texan Steakhouse the home of the 96 oz steak challenge? We've been thru over a dozen times, but, embarrassingly big eater Bob has never been tempted. Even after a 96# WSJ girl reporter claimed to have met it, ~30 years ago. Next time you're passing thru St. Louis, stop and camp in our drive way. We'll go eat on the Italian Hill, less than a mile away. Chicago ain't got nuthin' on us.....
Here is a video of a woman eating 3
Old 08-01-2017, 07:47 AM   #48

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Needless to say, I have never nor would I ever try that, but the whole place is interesting and their bar sells rattlesnake beer! Oh, the reason we stop in Amarillo is the cg has individual dog runs at each site and, this is the best part, Big Texan send a limo to pick you up and return after your meal. I go, have a couple drinks while waiting for the carryout and return with our meal in about 90 minutes, really convenient.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:03 PM   #49

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Michigan

Hi Jenny
I like everything about Michigan except their football team. It would be easy to spend a month in the U.P. And up in the thumb of the mitten. My daughter just got back from a week in the Sleeping Bear Dunes area and had a very good time. When you get ready to go, just ask on the forum and you'll get lots of suggestionof things to see.
Dave