Build sheet 21 classic due in September - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2016, 04:46 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 21 2016
I was thinking that the t-mold would add some cushioning especially when the table is down and it is against the fiberglass in the dinette. I guess I'll have to route that grove and use the t-mold. I don't mind the look of good quality Baltic birch edge after sanding and finishing.

Playdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:52 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdog View Post
I was thinking that the t-mold would add some cushioning especially when the table is down and it is against the fiberglass in the dinette. I guess I'll have to route that grove and use the t-mold. I don't mind the look of good quality Baltic birch edge after sanding and finishing.
Don't quite know what you mean about it being against the fiberglass when it's down. It will rest on the dinette bench rails. If you mean the back (standard bench with no U-shape dinette), that may touch the vinyl wall covering, but never any fiberglass. Since you plan on rounding the edge if you go with Birch Plywood, there's no need to protect the wall from the smooth edge.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:28 PM   #23

In my Casita the tables sit on the fiberglass that makes up the benches I just assumed the Escape was the same. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:46 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
In my Casita the tables sit on the fiberglass that makes up the benches I just assumed the Escape was the same. Thanks for the info.
Oh! That would explain it. There are many significant differences, not the least of which is no exposed fiberglass gelcoat on the interior, except around the door frame area. The seat benches are wood frames with a plywood hinged top and paneling on the sides.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:21 PM   #25
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Thanks Jim. The extra door is to go under the bed to the right of the angled part. I think the only other under bed access from inside the trailer is at the foot where we plan to place a drawer like others have. I am not very big on fixing myself up but I was thinking I might want to use a hair dryer with an outlet beside the sink down low. I think that one would be able to use the hair dryer there and be use the bathroom mirror at the same time with the door open.
We added a 110V outlet on the angled side of the 21 bed; pretty useless space otherwise; wifey sits on the bed and uses that outlet with the long mirror inside the bathroom door to dry hair.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:41 PM   #26

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
On Baltic Birch. I've found all the 4x8 sheets to have voids, the 5'x5'ers are the good stuff.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:51 AM   #27

Thanks to all for your input. This forum has been so helpful. I will be putting the extra 120 at the foot of the bed on the angled part and adding that exterior hatch in the rear drivers side. But now I have more questions. Does anyone know what the dimensions of the opening of the microwave cabinet are height and width? Is there a shutoff switch to the batteries or do I need to add that as an option? I had one added to my Casita as the battery would drain while parked for a period of time.
Thanks again
Mitzi
Old 07-02-2016, 08:55 AM   #28
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Be sure and get the solar option which will keep the batteries charged, 24/365.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:11 AM   #29

Hi Jim. I am getting the solar panel and inverter. Is that what you are referring to? I am also getting a cover for the trailer and thought the solar won't be helpful when the cover is on. Im glad I noticed that you are getting an exterior fridge fan on Prarrie Schooner, I guess I'll need to add that to my list as well. This trailer is getting so pricey I may have to live in it!

Mitzi
Old 07-02-2016, 09:14 AM   #30

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Oh! That would explain it. There are many significant differences, not the least of which is no exposed fiberglass gelcoat on the interior, except around the door frame area. The seat benches are wood frames with a plywood hinged top and paneling on the sides.
The bathroom interior is all exposed gelcoat.

Also the inside of the entry door on the classic Escapes.

If you haven't already I would strongly recommend you contact ETI and get a referral to see a trailer.

jamman is offline   Reply With Quote