Lots of photos of the NEW 2017 19' Trailer - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2016, 10:02 PM   #11

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
This post only has one photo. It shows the front driver's side window open. It was already that way. Like I said - I wasn't fiddling, so I didn't even attempt to open any of the windows from inside. They open with a turning knob. Just my luck the window wasn't fully sealed, it'd fall out and guess what - we just paid for the trailer! HA! Not that it would happen, but, hey you never know. I didn't want to test my luck.

Anyway, the window opened farther than I thought it would from the photo Reece had previously posted. So, I was quite pleased to see that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04066-1.jpg (99.0 KB, 175 views)

Old 03-31-2016, 10:11 PM   #12

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Okey dokey, now we've got photos of the inside. As you can see, it's very rough inside and I had to be careful I didn't bang my head against any sharp bits of the cabinet framing. I basically stuck to the middle of the trailer and didn't get too close to anything.

First photo shows the front window (the one with the rock guard) from the inside. It's a non-opening window, so you're not gonna see any cranking knobs on it. Note the raw interior. It was kind of cool seeing it in this stage.

Same window in the 2nd photo, but zoomed back a bit. This is the front dinette area.

Next shows the bathroom. Now that was interesting! Fortunately Reece was still there, so I quizzed him about the medicine cabinet. Like I thought, it's going to go behind the toilet. Yes, it'll be molded in, as someone else pointed out in another thread. I didn't ask the size, so we'll have to hang tight for that information later on. Reece said they're still working on that mold (least that's what I think he said; it was kind of noisy at times, so I wasn't sure I heard correctly all the time) for the bathroom. It'll have 3 shelves with a mirrored door that opens out (I had asked if the door slide from side to side). Can't wait to see that when it gets done!

Last photo shows where the 5.0 cu ft frig will go, with the microwave above it. If you opt for the 6.0 cu ft frig, that support piece (just below the top) will be removed and that entire space taken up with the frig.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04045-1.jpg (130.8 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04052-1.jpg (124.0 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04053-1.jpg (128.7 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04054-1.jpg (125.3 KB, 95 views)

Old 03-31-2016, 10:25 PM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Very nice of you to take all these pictures and post with a narrative
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:29 PM   #14

Oh yeah, on the frig. As you can see from the last photo above, both the upper and lower venting areas have been cut out. They weren't in the original photos Reece posted as it was basically out of the mold and had the awning slapped on. They're a bit farther along in production now.

I also asked about the "external frig fan" option. Reece said the US frigs don't come with one as part of it, so they're added on if you feel it's needed (esp if you're in hotter climates). Also called "Texas fans" as folks in that hotter part of the country needed it. I got it added on to the build sheet as I'm not 100% sure where all we'll be taking the trailer and figured it was easier to add during the build. He said it has a manual switch to turn off if it's too noisy to sleep through.

Tammy said once they start with the inside production and get the new jigs and used to everything, it'll take about 2 weeks for the interior work to get done.

I had asked when the new 21' will be out and she said the new mold will come in about a month from now. So, in about 6 weeks I can go back again once it's all done so I can measure the windows for the blinds.

She also said it's been about a two year process for the new design and they're quite excited about it.

DANG - just realized I forgot to ask if they're changing the stock countertop, flooring and fabric. Shoot! Since I'm getting all those as customs, it didn't even occur to me to ask until now. Sorry.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:33 PM   #15

More interior shots of the windows. First is in the back bed area, with the emergency escape window on the right. Next shows the back window, which is split (previously shown from the outside). 3rd shows the other side of the bed area. And the last photo is of the kitchen area. The window looks to be the same as the one in the bathroom (which is larger than what they used to have in the bathroom; heck if I know about the kitchen if it's same, larger or what).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04055-1.jpg (142.6 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04056-1.jpg (142.9 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04057-1.jpg (150.7 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04058-1.jpg (132.6 KB, 72 views)
Old 03-31-2016, 10:38 PM   #16

Okay, last photo. If I remember any other bits of info, I'll post them separately, but I think I've covered everything that was said to me. You folks can chatter about the rest of the interior. I was more interested in the windows and the door and the awning. Raw interiors and framing of cabinets doesn't interest me as much.

This one shows the area outside of where the frig will go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04050-1.jpg (113.8 KB, 68 views)
Old 03-31-2016, 10:40 PM   #17

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Thanks, Laura. Appreciate the tour!
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:51 PM   #18

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Wow, you're thorough - thanks for the tour!
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:53 PM   #19

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21 currently pulled by a 2014 Chevy Traverse
Laura, Thanks for the information and pix. Gives a better idea of what the changes look like. Steve M
Steven M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:00 PM   #20

Trailer: none
Thanks for all the great info and pics!

yogiyoda is offline   Reply With Quote