Hi--newbie here with questions based on your experiences with the Escapes. Finalizing build sheet on a 19' this week
and need some advice. Still have some ? for ETI, but for y'all, here we go: (lots of stove questions--we will be getting the 2 burner SS w/ range cover).
1. Have read about members who switched the location of stove and sink (Ruthie). Do you like this change and is the ventilation from door/window and MaxxFan working well?
2. Has anyone turned the stove 90 degrees and put it by the door?
3. For those who have left the stove in its' original place and eliminated the range vent, are you able to control moisture and cooking odors well enough with the MaxxFan from that position?
4. Why are some of the very front windows showing a black interior trim and others a white one? Think they are all 19's--
5. We are wanting dual solar panels on top of trailer. Reace says it can be done, but we were wondering who may have tried this and what the results have been. My husband runs a CPCP and with doing alot of dry camping, we were hoping to avoid taking our generator. We also have a portable bi-fold solar panel we could use, as well. Overkill?
6. Going with standard upholstery, floor and Formica, but like the darker trim. Does anyone have the black w/ standard countertops? Most of what I've seen looks brown, which is nice, but curious about the black.
7. Noticed several folks have requested 12 or 14 gauge wire, instead of the standard 10. Can someone enlighten me as to why and if we mostly dry camp, if this is a good idea for us? Ike would probably shoot me for asking this, but he's not around right now, so---
Thanks for the input, we appreciate the advice. Now back to the build sheet:^)