Ordered but don't need - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2015, 11:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Ordered but don't need

In deciding options, what ones have people ordered that they do not need but think the next owners or they themselves might need later? In other words, how much do you put on your trailer that you do not necessarily intend to use?

float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:35 AM   #2

I never gave it a thought. My kids will use it after I am gone. Fiberglass lasts forever.

Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:06 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
In deciding options, what ones have people ordered that they do not need but think the next owners or they themselves might need later? In other words, how much do you put on your trailer that you do not necessarily intend to use?
We made ours TV ready although we don't intend to ever put in a TV . Thinking about resale.

We also had it bike ready but don't have bikes..... Maybe someday

Larry
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:38 AM   #4

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Nada. Zip. Zilch. We put in what we knew we would use and enjoy - with of course the exception of those options which were solely aesthetic, like fabric and countertop colors.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:52 AM   #5

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
If you watch TV and bring bikes (which you do maybe?) then no problem. But if you do not, and those options are commonly sought and expected to be there by others, then do you put them. Same for stereo. But many other options are not in that category.

Larry and Liz, we think the same on those. Now, however, people are even watching TV and movies on their computers. No telling what might be next and whether TV will become uncommon.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:31 AM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I had Ten Forward wired for solar and A/C, but currently don't have either. Those are for my future use. I haven't used the propane quick connect yet either, still plotting which propane fire pit I want. I have taken my bike with me a couple of times, but not every time.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:52 AM   #7

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Didn't add anything to this one although I did to the last. When I sold the last trailer after 8 years the oven brought me nothing extra. I did get a couple items, antenna and wiring for the TV and stereo prewire, just in case I decide I want such. The trailer was built for my current and future needs. The idea is that it's my last one.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:13 AM   #8

Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A/2015 21 coming in march
I had ETI install 2 Maxx fans.1 will fit where the ac would go for future considerations.I tried to pre-wire for solar,but apparently.It couldn't be done with the 2Maxx fans,bike ready future.Had them use better cable ties[nylon],under the trailer.Rocks hit my wiring under my 15A trailer,leaving it swinging,dangling in the breeze.Fortunately,i spotted it before some real damage took place.ETI shouldNOT use them underneath,to hold up wires IMO..7 More days for p/up of my 21...
WLYBGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:16 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
If you watch TV and bring bikes (which you do maybe?) then no problem. But if you do not, and those options are commonly sought and expected to be there by others, then do you put them. Same for stereo. But many other options are not in that category.

Larry and Liz, we think the same on those. Now, however, people are even watching TV and movies on their computers. No telling what might be next and whether TV will become uncommon.
We skipped on stereo wiring also. Technology changes so much and we didn't want holes in cabinets. In our small trailer I figure wireless music through iPod/macbook will be good.

I hadn't thought about people moving away from traditional TV viewing. And who knows what people will be using for watching/listening when, many years from now, when we either sell the trailer.

(or perhaps our children will want it. our kids LOVE borrowing our truck to haul their stuff around. Maybe they will want the cute little 17b .

Larry
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:59 AM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Yep, the stereo is just about the only thing we got that I would skip now. It only gets used when we are inside and not sleeping, which is not too common.

As mentioned elsewhere, we have only a couple times used the outdoor shower, and would not put on on the backside again. If I do want to shower, I will use the one inside. Being on the back, we often have that back side tight to trees (or something), and seems too out of the way for regular use. Still plan something for the front side though.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote