Skylark Build Sheet (Long -- much too Long) - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2014, 09:55 PM   #31

Trailer: escape 21may 2014
jon, what pressure do you use to blow out the lines?

burrab2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #32

Trailer: 2014 21'
This is in response to your plantar fasciatitis. Have you tried custom made Insoles.? I got immediate relief, only thing that ever helped.

Old 06-16-2014, 12:50 AM   #33

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey View Post
We were sorting through our various baskets and bins today, and the wife pulled out a little 4" stick I had in there... labelled "toilet lever" -- cut to the right length to hold the toilet lever open when wedged between the lever and the wall.
I found that one of those containers for wipes fits just right to hold the toilet trap open.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Toilet lever prop.jpg (79.4 KB, 6 views)

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:55 AM   #34

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by abby View Post
This is in response to your plantar fasciatitis. Have you tried custom made Insoles.? I got immediate relief, only thing that ever helped.
I got a stent in my left thigh. Forgot that I ever had plantar fasciatis or however it is spelled. Tried a lot of insoles, but wasn't willing to pay for the custom jobs. Basically, I had no circulation in that leg and that was the real issue.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:07 AM   #35
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrab2002 View Post
jon, what pressure do you use to blow out the lines?
I use 40-50 psi, a tad less than the pump pressure output.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:43 AM   #36

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Thanks for all the replies

Thanks much for all the replies -- I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge on this forum and the respectful conversation. Answers to a few questions, and comments:
  • Foxhunt, we are as anxious as you are... :-) We ordered the Lark at the end of January, 2012, and picked it up on Midsummer's Day. We ordered the Skylark the end of Jan, but it doesn't come until just after the Autumn Equinox. Oh Well, anticipation is half the fun...
  • Glen, I suppose I could leave the batteries in if it was a mild winter. But since we store the trailer in a RV Storage lot, I have to get them out in the fall before we know what the winter will be like. Last winter was really cold and snowy, so the solar panels wouldn't have provided a charge. But the nice thing about MN winters is that the bugs aren't too bad.
  • Regarding the microwave, it is one of those things we often use. I know that I can heat water on the stove, and probably make popcorn there too (although it has been years since I made popcorn on a stove). But we like the microwave. As Donna would say, YMMV. If I could find a convection microwave that would fit in the spot, I would get it. But I haven't found one yet.
  • I am still on the fence about the inverter. I hadn't realized how inefficient they are. The more I thought about it the more I agreed with the Doug's comment about "go all in or go home". So if we get it, we will go all in.
  • Jon and Charley, thanks for the info on the cell phone antennas. They look comparable, except the one Charley pointed to sits on the roof and would look a bit "cleaner" because the cord wouldn't show. If that is correct, I am going with the roof mount.
  • Someone said something somewhere about the added height in the 21. Given that neither Lindy nor I were ever recruited for the NBA, that has made me rethink the notion of a remote controlled MaxFann. So we will get that.
  • Appreciate the comments re blowing out the plumbing. I was glad to hear I didn't waste my money on the compressor. I was nervous when we went on our spring trip because I figured that would be when I found out if I had screwed up the winterizing process. But everything worked well, and nice not having to run the pink stuff out of the water lines.
  • Regarding the plantar fasciitis. I tried custom orthotic inserts. Wearing them was pure agony for me, for and the podiatrist said to go ahead and ditch them. Easy for him to say -- it wasn't his $400.00. Anyhow, the feet are getting better, but the dr. says it is a matter of weeks/months rather than days. Thanks for your suggestion though.

We have to have our build sheet finalized by July 1. So just a couple more weeks to agonize over these decisions. Thanks again for your input.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:27 AM   #37
Commercial Member

Our good news was ETI compressed our "freeze" period for the build sheet down to 2 weeks when they accelerated their production rate from the 5 weeks we had. Made for a very busy 2 weeks! I spent most of it reading this forum for pros/cons over what options were possible but it was great to have it done. I dropped a couple of options and relocated some electrical/audio locations afterwards and ETI didn't charge me the $200 penalty, probably since the deletes didn't involve any material charges they would have had to order.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 06-16-2014, 09:30 AM   #38
Commercial Member

Leon, on the roof mount antenna - there is a footnote on the Amazon website about not being able to ship it outside the US. Don't know the rationale for that since it's the same antenna as the mirror mount version. I had it shipped to my house and then reshipped it to ETI myself.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 06-16-2014, 10:24 AM   #39

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
I am not sure why some stuff can't be shipped outside the US. And I looked at the cost to have Amazon ship to Canada for the stuff that can be shipped (the jensen radio, the umbra hooks, an HDMI cable, and an HDMI outlet). It is 90.00 shipping and $60.00 customs deposit. I thought about having it shipped to me and then driving to Thunder Bay and shipping it from there. But UPS Canada wants a Canadian ID before they will accept a package at their UPS store (at least according to the web site). I am going to have to figure something out
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:27 AM   #40

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
I am not sure why some stuff can't be shipped outside the US. And I looked at the cost to have Amazon ship to Canada for the stuff that can be shipped (the jensen radio, the umbra hooks, an HDMI cable, and an HDMI outlet). It is 90.00 shipping and $60.00 customs deposit. I thought about having it shipped to me and then driving to Thunder Bay and shipping it from there. But UPS Canada wants a Canadian ID before they will accept a package at their UPS store (at least according to the web site). I am going to have to figure something out
If you drive into Canada to ship, I would use Canada Post rather than UPS. Just take your package to the post office and they should be able to ship if for you.

As an alternative, you may want to check whether USPS will ship for you. May be cheaper than making a road trip to Canada.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote