Trailer Completion date now Jan. 31/18 - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2017, 07:25 PM   #31

Trailer: 19' Escape- 2016 -(NEW 2017 model)
Hillbilly, it's a shame that for some reason my post has raised your ire. There was no need to progress further in the manner in which you have done.

I won't continue this in a public forum, as I was making a general statement in response to some misinformation, as well as point out the benefits of a used trailer...as others have done.

There's absolutely no doubt that a used trailer has multiple bennies...especially a tried-and-true gently used one, as also pointed out by others.

There are some points you make that simply are inaccurate, but I won't engage you point-for -point.
As I said before, I hope you enjoy your new Escape!

Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:28 PM   #32

Trailer: 2018 Escape19' completion Date June 7TH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
While ETI did build a very small number of toy haulers, they were of conventional construction, not fiberglass:
For Sale: 2012 Escape Terrain (toy hauler)

The closest things currently in production that I know of are the Happier Camper (very small, patterned after the Boler 1300 and so the size of an Escape 13') and some cargo trailers intended for motorcycles (not travel trailers). There are also some cargo trailers with moulded fiberglass shells, but not entirely self-supporting (use some framing), such as the Shuttle.

One could always try to convince Reace to do a moulded toy-hauler, but I think that would push the completion date out... by a few years, if not indefinitely!

That is very interesting, I wonder if they ever will build something along that line in the future

NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:24 PM   #33

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
I don't relish going through those mountain passes with the trailer ever again, however!
Oh Addie, you're such a flatlander!

And yet you're willing to have me drive 'em to visit you if I'm in your neck of the woods.

(just teasing ya)
Old 12-05-2017, 11:55 PM   #34

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
If you got everything that I have on my trailer on a new-order unit, I calculated that one would pay $2006 more.
I have recommended to a number of people to buy used. If prospective buyers have any budget problem with a new Escape, or just want to save thousands, they can. People can save that $2006 and much more by buying used, and that is before the cost of going to Chilliwack. And there been been a number of nearly new units going up for various reasons.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:55 AM   #35

Trailer: 19' Escape- 2016 -(NEW 2017 model)
Heights!

Yes, NW,
Didn't I tell you that I was afraid of heights??!! I couldn't look down off of the highway of those mountains as we were driving home. Flat land and the beach is fine for me!

And yes Float, I agree. In fact with the exchange rate changing, I calculated almost $2400 difference now . Plus add other fees like brokerage fees, exchange fees, tire fees, etc.
Lots of time and effort, too. So much time spent in researching! It was exhausting.

Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote